Did you come first/last in your first GT5 online race?

• Thread starter WinK
  • 9 comments

Where did you place in your first online GT5P race?

• First

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Last

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Somewhere in the middle

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
I just had my first online race and I'm pleased I didn't come last... I came 2nd last!
So how did you do in your first GT5P online race?

(Oh and I ended up coming first in my next one) :)

ive been finding my results very mixed. if i dont have anyone stuff me up then i come first. if someone stuffs me up i end up in the middle.

Same with J-Pap if I'm not banged around and spun off track I'm top 3 finisher. I came in last my 1st race though

Same here, I was first then got gangbanged by a few cars and finished 3rd in the end :'[

First race was a 16 car race at Daytona (which is only 8 cars now), I started 16th and finished 6th, wasnt enough time to go for a win.

Second race was at Suzuka, I started 8th and finished 2nd.

Third race was also at Suzuka, I started 8th and won it.

Now I come first about 80-90% of the time, the real skill is intially avoiding the reckless drivers, once you get past them its smooth sailing and good racing with the real drivers that remain.

My first race was at Mt Fuji. Perhaps I was a little lucky, but I wasn't ready at the start and got going around 2 seconds after the green light. There was all sorts of carnage and I just snuck through, kept it clean and won.

Like VIPERGTSR01 says, it's all about getting through the first few bends without being ram raided. Some races have been good, some races are just stupid with blatant moves that take you off the track.

The only two familiar names from GTP I've seen have been VIPERGTSR01 and Drew22. Anyone else seen familiar faces online?

Overall, my experience was reasonably good, although my first race I was 6th on Suzuka and got banged into last place twice. Managed to get 5th out of it. Second race I started first and ended up losing to a guy named IM12345, though he was a nice clean driver. After that, it was a seesaw between 2nd and 3rd and everything else because of the wrecktards. It's kind of unsettling seeing people with nicks like "hitty3." :D But I'm having a lot of fun with it. I just hope online play gets user created rooms with pings listed soon. Arcade Mode is okay, but I don't want to get too used to it.

I did notice someone named "golfy21," and his name was gold colored. I wonder if that was an admin...

As for familiar faces, I have a feeling I'm early or late, because none yet that I recognize.

I have been doing Suzuka - and praying for a spot at the back of the grid. Then I just hang back and wait fo rthe turn 1 carnage to be over and head off and finish most races mid to upper half - did one winning race, then the PS3 locked up so I couldn't save the 2,000,000 that I won hehe :)

The first race I unlickily got pole position, and was rammed into the outer gravel trap in turn 1 - went on to finish last, but only because play 8 and 7 abandoned the event before it was over.

My first race was at Mt Fuji. Perhaps I was a little lucky, but I wasn't ready at the start and got going around 2 seconds after the green light. There was all sorts of carnage and I just snuck through, kept it clean and won.

Like VIPERGTSR01 says, it's all about getting through the first few bends without being ram raided. Some races have been good, some races are just stupid with blatant moves that take you off the track.

The only two familiar names from GTP I've seen have been VIPERGTSR01 and Drew22. Anyone else seen familiar faces online?

Hey Joe Racer...I just raced against you in that race, I spun out in the 2nd corner and ended up coming in 2nd to you ..that was a good clean race on your part:tup: hopefully I'll get a rematch lol

Back