Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,723 comments
  • 3,784,977 views
Nissan 370Z
9060931408_a35240923c_c.jpg

Dude it's a Nismo! :D Awesome find!
 
and a couple of friends chatting on their way in/out of Starbucks...
9052924866_2cbd65f110_b.jpg

Omg omg omg omg. Thats an Atom V8, thats more expensive than the Viper its next too with uber power to weight figures. Awesome spot.
 
It sounds silly, just like 'Stang.

Actually 'Stang doesn't sound that bad if it's used correctly.
 
^^ Awesome!

Here's mine:

9069266920_2ed3229925.jpg


9069270962_6f61ab8a12.jpg


9067045705_425a1a3bba.jpg


A 3 series compact pick-up!
 
I'd put it to the "Questionable mods" thread.

The Stig Farmer, jeffgoddin - nice spots! 👍
 
from Sunday... weather was bleh to begin with, calling for 80% thunderstorms, a local car show I was planning on checking out was postponed... but it got nice by about 3pm and stayed nice. Still didn't see much.

Hot rod of some sort...


This was awesome to see, not sure what it is but I'm guessing it's from right around 1920.


and then I was surprised to see a GT-R go by later that evening while I was delivering, best shot I could get of it...


Brought my new car by my mechanic today for the once over. Needs a rack and pinion, knew that ($145+labor), needs front passenger wheel bearings, didn't know that ($27+labor), and needs front struts, didn't know that ($270 for a pair of heavy duty Bilsteins +labor). Then alignment, and she'll be good. Saw this Mach 1 in the process of restoration in the parking lot next door, an employees car for that business. My Z makes a cameo...




Then yesterday as I'm getting on the freeway I see a little blue car go by... but now I'm in a 300ZX, not an F-150, so catching it up is no problem! Soon after I did, another car joined the freeway to play with us for a minute. Tesla Roadster and I think G35 with some NISMO bits (at least advertised...)


Edit: just noticed the plates on the Tesla... boogie woogie woogie! (Don't worry if you don't get that reference, I'm old.)
 
Last edited:
You've got to get some shots of that Mach 1 when it's got paint on it.
 
Over the last month.

943292_10152748614475012_482955567_n.jpg

21142_10152748616455012_1538717462_n.jpg

947096_10152748616890012_1726949987_n.jpg

315973_10152748619710012_1283445925_n.jpg

408555_10152748620425012_7413996_n.jpg

935175_10152750251505012_1717460586_n.jpg

936411_10152751126375012_1567929963_n.jpg

264483_10152773618475012_810942817_n.jpg

941691_10152773619685012_578852908_n.jpg

400679_10152777594215012_1228819697_n.jpg

575875_10152800252275012_1706945666_n.jpg

935024_10152800292065012_1650215290_n.jpg

969176_10152800298365012_403032537_n.jpg

971669_10152800305630012_2076643188_n.jpg

1016158_10152868626600012_1854509996_n.jpg

1003247_10152868635930012_1512284348_n.jpg

993042_10152868641180012_843227088_n.jpg

1011909_10152868642460012_379834891_n.jpg

246957_10152868643780012_784595600_n.jpg

7279_10152868644920012_570900382_n.jpg

1016623_10152868649185012_579265736_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
Enough muscle cars ;)
 
No, I love muscle cars. GIMME MOAR! :bowdown:
 
Missed a few chances in the past week, especially today. These are all I got since last Tuesday.


Mk1 Golf GX

DSC_0226.jpg



Minor 1000

DSC_0230.jpg



S2000

DSC_0229.jpg



And a virtually stock Supra minus the rear wing. Quite uncommon around here.

DSC_0231.jpg
 
Enough muscle cars ;)

Muscle/classic car scene is very large here. Enough to warrant two episodes of My Classic Car anyways! haha.
 
DKX
Muscle/classic car scene is very large here. Enough to warrant two episodes of My Classic Car anyways! haha.

Same as in my area. Lot of imports at the track too but I usually see a LOT of muscle in the streets.
 
Same as in my area. Lot of imports at the track too but I usually see a LOT of muscle in the streets.

I see lots of imports around too, but the muscle/classics out number them by far. It's pretty funny when there's more "rare" muscle cars in my area then there are of my Legacys (I have the only two first gens in the province) hahaha.
 
DKX
I see lots of imports around too, but the muscle/classics out number them by far. It's pretty funny when there's more "rare" muscle cars in my area then there are of my Legacys (I have the only two first gens in the province) hahaha.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see a Shelby 25th Anniversary Fox Body GT350 at last weeks track night lol.
 
Don't see much of these old Mustangs around here.

de3s.jpg


i9ph.jpg
 
Damn shes nice. Don't care for the paint color though.
 
It looks a bit like an old Galaxie or Fairlane to me.
 
Delta 88. That's my mechanic's car, I posted a photo of its front end here a while back. I guess that makes both ends now! 1971 I'd have to say.

 
Alright... I'll go again.

Just driving around the block today after fixing the 2nd and hopefully last coolant hose leak and spotted something surprising. Don't know if it's always there, I rarely use that particular stretch of road (though it's on the main road and less than a mile from my house...)

Morris Minor Truck










It was in front of a little shop of some sort, the door was open so I walked in. Wow!

1967 Triumph bobber


1950's soap box derby car




a TC?


a wtf?!? Mini Moke!


and smiley faces!


The guy behind the counter sells MG parts, mostly through the mail. All the stuff in the front of the shop was decoration, not for sale. Cool discovery!

and a Mazdaspeed3 while driving through the park


it's nicer driving through the park in this


Couldn't resist. I'm loving my car.


then just this at work tonight
 
That Morris Minor panel is brilliant!
 
Your MG is a Midget TD. 👍

Plus the Minor is immaculate. :drool:
 
Update from the last days/weeks:

Audi S5


Lexus IS 350 C


Mercedes Benz C 63 AMG


Mercedes Benz S500 (R 220) - nice exhaust system, not sure, could be AMG


Mercedes Benz SL (R231)


Opel Corsa opc


Porsche 911 classic on trailer


Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet (993)


VW Golf R32


VW Phaeton - very underrated car, it only has wrong sign attached, could be easily an Audi... ;)


Bentley Continental on trailer


BMW 3er touring - nice paint, reminded me on the Chrome Line edition car


BMW 840 CI - only 3,075 were built...


BMW M3 Coupe - no licence plates - guess that`s why he was driving very close to speed limit... :lol:

Lincoln Town Car (Stretch Limousine)


Citroen ami 8 - what a nice old car...


Fiat Coupé - well, with wing... :p


The most British I`ve ever seen on the Autobahn...


Very rare find - Schwimmauto - Amphicar 770, built from 1961-1965 with a Triumph engine inside and two screw propellers, about 200 pieces survived. Not a huge success: you had to maintain (to grease) car after 5 hours in water, officially warned not to use in salty water. Very nice plate from Michigan.
Literally I passed the trailer and thought: WHAT? Was it the Amphicar I`ve seen there? Well, I couldn`t brake that much so I gave myself a drive through penalty at the next rest area and let him pass. Success!!! He left Autobahn the very next exit. Man, I had all the luck...
 
Last edited:
Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet (964)

That's a 993 generation 911.

Cadillac Continental Stretch Limousine

That stretched limo is actually a Lincoln Town Car.

Nice spot on the Michigan plate. 👍

Question, why do you blur out the entire plate on some pictures while only blurring out the city on other plates?
 
That's a 993 generation 911.



That stretched limo is actually a Lincoln Town Car.

Nice spot on the Michigan plate. 👍

Question, why do you blur out the entire plate on some pictures while only blurring out the city on other plates?


Thanks for heads up. Just worked to fast on my post...
Revised it.
Blur: In Germany it`s common (like in other countries) to try to get a plate that fits your car model. But you have to deal with the template: <City letters 1 or 2> - <Random 1 or 2 letters> <1 to 4 digits> Paying a fee you can chose (if it`s not occupied already of course) random letters and digits.
I try to show where it makes sense. The Porsche failed by one. 993 unequal 994 :lol: ES 5001: ES spells like "S" for S5 and so on.
 
Back