Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,849 views
Just looking at the front bumper, the 1st one I spotted looks much higher quality, yes, the one I saw today is not the same as the one I saw two years ago... and I'm sure not rented for the wedding, just borrowed, but still, yeah, probably a $40-$50k kit, not a $450k Auburn.
 
Had to steal my co-worker phone for this. Never seen it or heard about it before. It was a sexy car though. We saw it going pass the intersection but we didn't think he was going to actually come inside. He was so cool about letting us take pictures of the car. He was nice enough to talk about it. Last I can remember he said it had a very old Ford Mustang engine in it but he was using a way different transmission wish I could remember.

2md2vpy.jpg

dyq68l.jpg

wtvswg.jpg
 
Well the most obvious is pop up cowl vents that the fiberglass car does not have(under the windshield). The rear fenders are also an easy spot on fiberglass because of how thick they are. You can see the metal car the fender lip is maybe an inch. The fiberglass car has fender lips nearly double that. A common spot on fiberglass cars.:)

I never noticed. I'll have to take a closer look next time. Or just not try using a phone for fine details. But thanks for pointing it out. 👍
 
Had to steal my co-worker phone for this. Never seen it or heard about it before. It was a sexy car though. We saw it going pass the intersection but we didn't think he was going to actually come inside. He was so cool about letting us take pictures of the car. He was nice enough to talk about it. Last I can remember he said it had a very old Ford Mustang engine in it but he was using a way different transmission wish I could remember.

Isn't this a DeTomaso Pantera?

Edit: tree'd. Should read posts.
 
997 GT3RS MkII
 
JrDarknes, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Carmel Artomobilia, but the owner of that car takes it up there every year (or at least the two years I've been there).

The Carmel Artomobilia is a concours event in Carmel, Indiana, and is the largest car show in the state. I love going, and this year it's on August 24th and their theme is racecars. There is already going to be a Jaguar XJ13 Prototype (not its exact name, I can't remember what it's called) and a few LeMans prototypes are already scheduled to be there.

[/offtopic]
 
The only thing that makes me wonder about the Auburn... is the Power Tour stickers. It's one thing to have a beautiful Auburn kit, it's another to claim it's been invited to 2 Power Tours. Unfortunately, couldn't find a list of participants from 2005 or 2007 to confirm.

Edit: got this off the 2005 page! Looks right!
IMG_3902s.jpg


found here
http://powertour.net/04_community_05_tour_2005/04_community_05_tour_2005_05.html
 
Last edited:
I tried looking that up last night myself. I couldn't find anything on HMR's page but maybe I missed it. I was looking at 2003, I thought that's what it said across the windscreen?

Maybe it is real? It still looks awfully thick around the rear wheels though.


However I do make mistakes. I'm not beyond admitting that.
 
The stickers read 2005 and 2007... the color matches, the year (2005) matches. Only question I have at this point is, would the Power Tour invite a really awesome kit? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
 
The stickers read 2005 and 2007... the color matches, the year (2005) matches. Only question I have at this point is, would the Power Tour invite a really awesome kit? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

When did it become an invitation event? I thought all you did was register and pay registration fees. At least that's how it used to be.

And yes of course KiTT cars and replicas would be welcome. It's for everyone.:cheers:

Even if it's not a KiTT.:p Though I'm still on the fence.
 
Ah, I had read some stuff about invitations, and concluded that this was so the Power Tour would be highest quality/exclusive, but it could also be that they do invite some cars that they really want on the tour, but anybody else who pays the registration fee can come, too.

I'd feel odd bringing a kit car to an event with supercars, though...
 
Maybe it is real? It still looks awfully thick around the rear wheels though.


However I do make mistakes. I'm not beyond admitting that.

Possible incorrect restoration?
 
Not a great picture, the guy was just about to get in the car but it's not every day you see a Micra!

null_zps92db989c.jpg
 
12a33e0ab10811e2bb6122000a1f9d92_7.jpg


My question is, who lets an SLS get this dirty?
7dc933e255ff11e292a022000a1faf61_7.jpg


ZR1
28d7f27ac62411e2a58222000a1fb810_7.jpg


b547e8602c5e11e29ae122000a1f9a03_7.jpg
 
Not a great picture, the guy was just about to get in the car but it's not every day you see a Micra!

It's also one of the very last K11C Micras to be produced judging by the plate. What a find!

:p
 
Not a great picture, the guy was just about to get in the car but it's not every day you see a Micra!

It's also one of the very last K11C Micras to be produced judging by the plate. What a find!

:p

I think you guys are missing something in that pic...

.. The Longmarsh van is one of a fleet that ranges from Peugeot Bippers up to 18 tonners! :D
 
On my way home from work last night, I saw this in the neighborhood:
1014135_10151566526782483_2003661883_n.jpg

941747_10151566526932483_1284668711_n.jpg

1044546_10151566527092483_1992584055_n.jpg

944463_10151566527177483_465276541_n.jpg

9065_10151566527317483_1093978487_n.jpg
 
Alright, Cano, you're going to hate me for this... but today I spotted my SECOND Auburn Boattail! And the guy's willing to let you borrow it if you're getting married!

Why would I hate you for spotting not one...

Well, I did remember my 1st looking a little better... and with Historic instead of Collector plates...

But two kit cars, albeit one of much more higher quality than the other? But you know, NO ONE restores a Auburn to put on Ford Wheels on it. Both are kit cars, Jeff, altou8gh the second one looks really really good. At least the wheels look like Fords from this angle. More pics of it so I can confirm?

probably a $40-$50k kit

Make that like 20k, that thing is awful. The interior is laughable :nervous:

Also, dude, you are not invited to Power Tour, you just join. You can go join next year with your 300ZX and cruise with the Tour for a block or for the entirety of the tour as a Long Haul Gang member.

Had to steal my co-worker phone for this. Never seen it or heard about it before. It was a sexy car though. We saw it going pass the intersection but we didn't think he was going to actually come inside. He was so cool about letting us take pictures of the car. He was nice enough to talk about it. Last I can remember he said it had a very old Ford Mustang engine in it but he was using a way different transmission wish I could remember.

I hereby declare this one of the top 5 coolest spots this thread has ever had. My dear God that thing is absolutely bad-ass. I feel all dizzy inside :drool::drool::drool:
 
993033_10152909560360012_1212084698_n.jpg

1044732_10152909553225012_1922736495_n.jpg

998678_10152901580000012_1749970801_n.jpg

1016789_10152901586395012_2001016534_n.jpg

968803_10152901588725012_409716359_n.jpg

1016050_10152901593185012_913398836_n.jpg

6961_10152918416365012_1818982461_n.jpg

942966_10152918959205012_1098519165_n.jpg

1309_10152918956890012_474493719_n.jpg

943537_10152918961445012_1311073886_n.jpg
 
Had to steal my co-worker phone for this. Never seen it or heard about it before. It was a sexy car though. We saw it going pass the intersection but we didn't think he was going to actually come inside. He was so cool about letting us take pictures of the car. He was nice enough to talk about it. Last I can remember he said it had a very old Ford Mustang engine in it but he was using a way different transmission wish I could remember.

It's a Pantera as been said, my neighbor has a friend who owned one. He said it looked like an older Lambo that's how he remembered what it was. It has a 351 Cleveland engine in it, they put that in a lot of Mustangs etc. After CLevelands stopped being made, they started putting Ford 302s (5.0L) Mustang motors in the car in the mid '80s. IIRC the transmission is a ZF transaxle.

There is a lot of difference between the 2 engines and the Cleveland alone had a lot of changes through the years, notabley a compression drop from 11:1 to 8.6:1 in 1972 with the addition of a 4 bolt main engine.

The 302 is a Windsor engine that originated from the 221/255/260/289 engine with it's bigger brother the 351 Windsor. By the end of the Panteras production run the 302 was churning out a healthy 500 horsepower with roughly equal torque. One could argue the Cleveland was making just shy of that many years prior.
 
It's not, it's a 2013 GT 5.0.

He replace the grill? Because that's not the factory grill. A GT has the quad lamp setup. The front end he has on that is that of a V6.
 
He replace the grill? Because that's not the factory grill. A GT has the quad lamp setup. The front end he has on that is that of a V6.

Are you sure about that? I mean, he could've simply replaced the grill, but the front end looks very similiar to an actual GT to me and you could replace a grill on a GT as well, but whatever.

2013-Ford-Mustang-GT.jpg


et1HhnhdTT0.jpg


EDIT: I just put these 2 here for a comparison.
 
Last edited:
I'm sure it's a GT. Note the 5.0 badge on the fender and the GT emblem on the back (it's barely seen on the side-rear view photo I've posted there). They don't look fake.
 
Back