Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,786,142 views
I wouldn't buy a el camino for $60,000.
 
It looks a lot like the one I saw. It may have been my neighbors. My dad was asked to buy it for 60,000.

60,000?! Pesos?
 
Wait, what?!?!?!

Someone bought it despite the price tag?
Apparently, it's not in their driveway any more. They may have been talked down though.

Anyway, I give up on getting a picture of one. They're too rare.
 
Saw this as I was leaving my auto tech school.


Would've gotten a better pic but I was going 30 as he was turning. My first Mercury Marauder.
 
Saw this as I was leaving my auto tech school.


Would've gotten a better pic but I was going 30 as he was turning. My first Mercury Marauder.

Yay, more Marauder.

Also guys, is a Jeep Cherokee Fire Rescue or a DB Acura Integra considered interesting at all? I just want to check on that.
 
Yay, more Marauder.

Also guys, is a Jeep Cherokee Fire Rescue or a DB Acura Integra considered interesting at all? I just want to check on that.
I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love the Jeep. Never seen one of those Acura's though.
 
I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love the Jeep. Never seen one of those Acura's though.
I had a feeling that you would, but before I go picture taking again (which I may or may not do tomorrow), I need to make sure they're worth spotting. So, I need more than 1 opinion.

------------------------------------------
Anyway, aside from those, I today decided to do what I said I was going to do a couple days ago and go explore the neighborhoods to see if I can find anything interesting and guess what; I did just that.

Starting off, I saw this group of classics that were all parked in front of this guys house and they were all his. He had a nice little collection, a couple needed some work, but they were still nice. I talked to the owner of these cars and he seemed nice.

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
ChevroletCamaroZ281969-Front_zps7656bb8e.jpg


ChevroletCamaroZ281969-Rear_zpsdc05ef8b.jpg


1940s or 50s Chrysler
ChryslerNewport1940s-Front_zpsfe5ba006.jpg


ChryslerNewport1940s-Rear_zps8e357954.jpg


1976 Chevrolet Camaro (at least that's what the owner told me it was and that he put 1972 front and rear ends on it).
ChevroletCamaro1976-Front_zpse165430c.jpg


Now that I look at it, the rear window does look mid 70s Camaroish
ChevroletCamaro1976-Rear_zps8c0f5bdd.jpg


Late 60s VW Beetle (I think)
VWBeetlelate60s-Rear_zps62c9098f.jpg


VWBeetlelate60s-Front_zps55781b0d.jpg


I then exploring through other parts of this neighborhood.

Mazda RX-7 Convertible (FC)
MazdaRX-7ConvertibleFC_zpsfc232a03.jpg


1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS (how many Camaros am I going to see in Florida)
ChevroletCamaroSS1968_zpsd4468e50.jpg


Early 60s Chevrolet C10 Pickup
ChevroletC-10withflames_zps8f1ae9f4.jpg


BMW M3 Coupe (e92)
BMWM3e92-Blue_zps8def2398.jpg
 
What's so special about the Marauder out of curiosity? I see then quite a bit, plus some guy up the street owns one. I certainly sounds good.

^ Dat Z28 :drool:
 
GmbH is just the German designation for a registered company, like "Corporation" in the US or "Limited" in the UK.
Hmmmm.... Then why is it that the GmBH plants make the S and RS models, while the standard Audi plants make the A and Q models?
 
Last edited:
What's so special about the Marauder out of curiosity? I see then quite a bit, plus some guy up the street owns one. I certainly sounds good.

^ Dat Z28 :drool:

Are you sure it's not the same one (or same few) you see every time? They only made a little over 10,000 of them, and TMK that makes it quite rare.

Also, @RandomCarGuy17, Dat Weather... :drool:
 
Are you sure it's not the same one (or same few) you see every time? They only made a little over 10,000 of them, and TMK that makes it quite rare.

Also, @RandomCarGuy17, Dat Weather... :drool:

Maybe, I know I definitely see a few different ones around though. I wasn't aware they were that rare.
 
Maybe, I know I definitely see a few different ones around though. I wasn't aware they were that rare.

Yea, they only came in a few colors but the majority were black. I've only ever seen one. Luckily it was parked and I was able to get a pic, but it was a looong time ago and I have no idea where it is in this thread.
 
Are you sure it's not the same one (or same few) you see every time? They only made a little over 10,000 of them, and TMK that makes it quite rare.

Also, @RandomCarGuy17, Dat Weather... :drool:

They made only that many Marauders? Okay, I'm definitely glad I took a picture of the one I saw the other day now.

Also yeah, I'm actually find it kinda funny. For a state called the "sunshine state", there sure isn't a lot of sunshine. At least so far. It's been cloudy and rainy for about 2 weeks here.
 
Who saw a 1 of 10,000 car, probablably won't see it again till the weather warms up.
 
Also yeah, I'm actually find it kinda funny. For a state called the "sunshine state", there sure isn't a lot of sunshine. At least so far. It's been cloudy and rainy for about 2 weeks here.

Beats freezing and snowing. :lol:


[crappy attempt at keeping this on topic]It really sucks for car spotting, because no one wants to take their cars out in the snow, salt, ice, etc.[/crappy attempt at keeping this on topic]
 
I know nothing about 80's japanese cars, but is a what looked to be mod 80's box-hatch 240sx rare?
 
I think they're a meh depends how clean/ customized they are.
 
Beats freezing and snowing. :lol:


[crappy attempt at keeping this on topic]It really sucks for car spotting, because no one wants to take their cars out in the snow, salt, ice, etc.[/crappy attempt at keeping this on topic]
That's true, after 5 years of living in CT; I'm glad to be living in a state that's warmer and where I don't need a snow blower to clear out my driveway.

I know nothing about 80's japanese cars, but is a what looked to be mod 80's box-hatch 240sx rare?
I rarely see 240SXs, but I think they're always good spots like any sporty japanese cars from the 80s.
 
I found a Cadillac with VIP on the side. Shed some insight? I'll post a picture when I get back if no one knows.
 
Yea, they only came in a few colors but the majority were black. I've only ever seen one. Luckily it was parked and I was able to get a pic, but it was a looong time ago and I have no idea where it is in this thread.

I thought they only came in black. That's all I've ever seen them in anyway.

Maybe I should take a walk around the neighborhood and get some pictures once it gets warmer... Not sure where the guy who owns one is though. I see it drive by quite a bit, or at least hear it. :p
 
Hmmmm.... Then why is it that the GmBH plants make the S and RS models, while the standard Audi plants make the A and Q models?

Are all of the plants in Germany? I don't know much about Audi but, for BMW, I'm pretty sure the overseas non M cars are all made outside of Germany. Aside from their top models, M series, which I believe are all still produced in Munich. My fathers E46 was produced in Germany.
 
Are all of the plants in Germany? I don't know much about Audi but, for BMW, I'm pretty sure the overseas non M cars are all made outside of Germany. Aside from their top models, M series, which I believe are all still produced in Munich. My fathers E46 was produced in Germany.
I would be rather surprised is BMW made the 3/5 series outside of Germany, considering my bottom of the line Mercedes was made in Germany.
 
Back