Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,725 comments
  • 3,788,101 views
Z3 M roadster (I think)? Those are rare right?
20140212_094602.jpg
 
Don't remember if they made a M roadster in that generation.
 
oh, i'm not the only one who made pics of strange, rare or simply amazing car who i spot when i go to walk... i have started to collect pics of spotting cars since the last march, and i have collected 1.002 photos! some of those are from the Museo Ferrari on Maranello and the Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari on Modena :D
if you want i can post a lot of my pics :D
 
oh, i'm not the only one who made pics of strange, rare or simply amazing car who i spot when i go to walk... i have started to collect pics of spotting cars since the last march, and i have collected 1.002 photos! some of those are from the Museo Ferrari on Maranello and the Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari on Modena :D
if you want i can post a lot of my pics :D
Those would go in the Event thread.
 
oh, i'm not the only one who made pics of strange, rare or simply amazing car who i spot when i go to walk... i have started to collect pics of spotting cars since the last march, and i have collected 1.002 photos! some of those are from the Museo Ferrari on Maranello and the Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari on Modena :D
if you want i can post a lot of my pics :D

If you have any museum or car show pics they go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...good-today-event-and-showroom-edition.118094/
 
i don't have only event or museum pics, i have some spot too :)

2005 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
 

Attachments

  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2008 (Anteriore).JPG
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2008 (Anteriore).JPG
    915.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2008 (Posteriore).JPG
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2008 (Posteriore).JPG
    897.4 KB · Views: 28
Going around streets in my neighborhood I don't usually go and I find this... three in one spot!


This Porsche 912, looks like a '67 to me :)
12022014474.jpg




This late 60's MGB
12022014473.jpg


And for last, what the actual ****** is this car?
12022014472.jpg


Auburn Speedster it is :D (Thanks @Wiegert and @NoobMan DS !!!)
 
Last edited:
Surely that's a replica, no? Auburn Speedsters are often replicated and the real deals go for a lot of money, so it would be odd for a real one to be sitting there, seemingly rotting.

Either way, it's freakin' beautiful and a great spot.
 
1977 Mercury Cougar Station Wagon. According to information I've read elsewhere, because of the lacking woodgrain sidetrim this is not a Villager, but a basic version simply called 'Station Wagon'. I guess it's sort of rare (or at least here, I've never seen another one).

12480515995_43aa1ebace_c.jpg

They are pretty rare I have never seen one in person in the states.
 
Surely that's a replica, no? Auburn Speedsters are often replicated and the real deals go for a lot of money, so it would be odd for a real one to be sitting there, seemingly rotting.

Either way, it's freakin' beautiful and a great spot.

Should be what you're saying, but take in mind that 8-10 years ago, there were a lot of abandoned supercars in lots (to claim the insurance money), I even remember where they were! even there's a 1916 Model T rolling around the city, like another car in the traffic, I even posted a pic of it here
 
Going around streets in my neighborhood I don't usually go and I find this... three in one spot!
And for last, what the actual ****** is this car?
View attachment 114655

Auburn Speedster it is :D (Thanks @Wiegert and @NoobMan DS !!!)
Definitely a replica; the fuel filler cap, wheels, and bumper are wrong. Still, 3 great spots. 👍
 
Even the replicas are worth a fair bit. Though a pittance compared to an original 30s Speedster. That one may not be in prime condition but it doesn't make it any less of a head-turner.

Nice Porsche find by the way. 👍
 
Last edited:
not sure if good or uncommon, but hadn't seen one before and I wanted to take its picture, so...


and today I caught my first C7, getting salty


and a nice looking E36 M3 was out a couple days ago, and an S4 shortly after that, but couldn't bring myself to care enough to take a photo of the Audi... guess it takes RS now to get me excited
 
Hah, great spots @AJHG1000! Even if the Auburn is a replica, it's still a cool spot. The real rarity there would be the 912 if it is indeed a 912.
 
Mazda 2 with black rims at my auto tech school.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Really? A Mazda 2?


-------
And since I got rid of mine the E30s continue to follow me.

image.jpg
 
Thought it was good because I haven't seen many 2s.
 
Ugh, I hate car spotting logic.
"Oh, you have your camera in hand and ready to take a picture? Here's a bunch of Corollas and Accords and Mustangs"
"Oh, you have your camera in your pocket? Here's an M6 Convertible and Ford Ranchero"
 
I came out of a Schlotzsky's and saw this...
image.jpg


I must say the Rapide looks a lot better in real life.
 
I like the first gen Rapide better than the current Rapide.
 
image.jpg


From this photo, it doesn't look like much, more like a pile of poo, BUT the body of that thing is in AMAZING condition given where we live. I see this guy around a lot, would love to talk to him. There light surface rust, nothing a good sanding wouldn't take care of. All it needs is paint and some re-chroming and it would look brand new.

I might make an offer on it if I can come up with some cash. I think it's worth about $2k from what I've seen. If I had it, first thing I'd do is tune the motor until I can drop something in it, wheels/tires (33's) and paint. Then I'd probably leave it. I believe it's manual.

I can't believe how good of shape it's in. Actually makes me mad he's driving it in the winter.
 
Back