Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,705 comments
How did it get into the US? Doesn't it have to be 25 years old? Sorry if I'm ignorant, I don't know much about importing cars.
I have no idea. I've heard there's certain loopholes to have an import in the US legally, but I forgot what they were.

1000000238.jpg
edit: (corrected)HR Holden

There was a guy snapping pics before me taking pics all in it and around it. Desciribing what she saw my Mother said, "There was a man going berzerk(yep, my 84yo old Mother said berzerk). There are lots of cars the colour of your car."(My avatar) :lol:

She's right though. I've always noticed cars in this minty green. Easy to see with the sea of white, silver, black and even red cars so common today.

Last edited:
View attachment 1356864EH Holden

There was a guy snapping pics before me taking pics all in it and around it. Desciribing what she saw my Mother said, "There was a man going berzerk(yep, my 84yo old Mother said berzerk). There are lots of cars the colour of your car."(My avatar) :lol:

She's right though. I've always noticed cars in this minty green. Easy to see with the sea of white, silver, black and even red cars so common today.
Nice, but that's an HR ;). I owned one... and an EJ wagon, EH, HD, HR Panel van, HR Premier X2 sedan, HK Panel van, and an HT. Pretty sure that's all the Holdens I owned from around that era, but I also had plenty of Fords, Valiants and a few oddballs too.

Nice, but that's an HR ;). I owned one... and an EJ wagon, EH, HD, HR Panel van, HR Premier X2 sedan, HK Panel van, and an HT. Pretty sure that's all the Holdens I owned from around that era, but I also had plenty of Fords, Valiants and a few oddballs too.
I knew there was a “Haytch” in there somewhere. ;)

It's a weird SUV GM sold back in the early '00s all the way to sometime like 2008. In the later years, it was basically an rebadged Opel Antara.
And didn’t even heard of Opel Antara as well even though I’m from Germany😅
But Opel is a brand I’m generally not that up to date on

(Long post incoming) Visiting Nurburgring (second home at this point) Classic this weekend. Saw some insane cars, both parked in the paddock and in locations around the Nordschleife. A F40, two 1992 NSX's and a M Spec Nur Silica Brass R34 GT-R spotted last year are hard to surpass but still some cool cars that are either rare in general or quite rare for European standards:

(Opel) Lotus Carlton Omega. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this. The infamous car that they tried to ban in the UK. The Imperial Green heist machine. A car so fast that the police couldn't keep up with it and later didn't even try. And the oh so legendary 40 RA plated Carlton that did over 7 ram raids and was never found again. 1 of 950.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.29.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.30.jpeg

Toyota MR2 with some crazy modifications. Crazy intake scoops and some of the TRD 2000GT bodykit in there?
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.27.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.27 (1).jpeg

Rare 1 of 8000 BMW Z1 with it's very unique sliding doors.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.29 (1).jpeg

BMW M3 Competition Touring, a car that isn't sold in the US iirc. Not the first i've seen, but still beautiful. I love wagons.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.25.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.26.jpeg

Bentley Brookland. Not a fan of the red grille.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.28 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.28.jpeg

One of my favourite GT3 cars OAT; SLS AMG GT3 with a Black Falcon livery. I actually ran this livery in a GT7 daily race 2 weeks ago, so seeing it irl by chance is actually insane. This car was also tested on track and damn it sounds good.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.14 (2).jpeg

Another pretty rare sight: A Lotus Evora with a beautiful wing.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.14.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.14 (1).jpeg

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione "Kat". First time i've ever seen a Delta and this car is just stunning.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.06.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.04.jpeg

Another Lotus, this time an Exige. The fact this thing has a supercharged V6 right behind the drivers seat scares me

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.02.52.jpeg

Manthey Porsche 911 GT3. Peep the Aerodiscs.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.02.42.jpeg

Hummer H2(I think) SUT. Haven't seen a Hummer since a 2000's hiphop music video.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.14 (3).jpeg

Nice looking Audi Quattro. There is usually tons of these in a spot reserved for Quattro and Quattro S1/2 rally car replicas. This one was actually parked next to our hotel a few kilometers away from the Nurburgring.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.17 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.20.jpeg

Ending it off with an insane find. A Porsche 944, converted into a shooting brake by DP Motorsport. 1 of 7. Absolute madness.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.17 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 23.03.17 (3).jpeg

Please excuse my bad pictures. I just got my first phone with a 0.5x zoom camera and i was messing around with it lol.

Honorable Mentions that i didn't get to take a pic of:
Nissan Silvia S14 Kouki
Nissan Silvia S15 (I have never seen either of these before)
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Nissan 240SX(200SX/180SX)
E63 AMG
About 50 Ford Capri's
Ferrari California
Maserati Quattroporte
About a 1000 Mercedes AMG GT(R), Porsche 911/718 and BMW M3 (every generation). Anyone who visits the Nurburgring often, you already know how common these cars are.
Quite a few Alpinas.

Last edited:
Oh yeah that’s the one, much thanks for the research guys👍👍👌
My guess has gone into the absolutely wrong direction, thought it’s some British roadster😬😀

Not that good to see because of the resolution of the upload, but it seems there is an Abarth Logo on top of the grill. Maybe the owner just put it there himself, but if it’s original it would be crazy, because the Wikipedia article states there are just about three Abarth versions that‘ve been built!!😮
I can see it more clearly on my original photo, it’s clearly an Abarth logo

Oh yeah that’s the one, much thanks for the research guys👍👍👌
My guess has gone into the absolutely wrong direction, thought it’s some British roadster😬😀

Not that good to see because of the resolution of the upload, but it seems there is an Abarth Logo on top of the grill. Maybe the owner just put it there himself, but if it’s original it would be crazy, because the Wikipedia article states there are just about three Abarth versions that‘ve been built!!😮
I can see it more clearly on my original photo, it’s clearly an Abarth logo
I thought it was a British car from the 60-70's aswell haha. It has that Triumph/MG styling. It does look like very similar to a MG Midget. But you know, long live reverse image search.

And if i knew what the logo on the grill was, that would've made it a lot easier ;)

Last edited:
PMK
I thought it was a British car from the 60-70's aswell haha. It has that Triumph/MG styling. It does look like very similar to a MG Midget. But you know, long live reverse image search.

And if i knew what the logo on the grill was, that would've made it a lot easier ;)
Yeah it would‘ve been a good hint as Abarth worked a lot with Fiat, but I noticed it just after posting it.
But definitely heavy MG/Triumph vibes😀, these were my first guesses too. Interesting as it’s a Pininfarina Design and that didn’t had their hands as much in the British car market. Would it have been by Michelotti it would make more sense to me.

Back