Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,725 comments
  • 3,788,172 views
20250625_132845.jpg


Another Porsche Carrera GT - that's two in a week 😅
 
The series 2 looked better with those wheels and without the side exit exhausts IMO. Looks nice in that dark blue too. 👍
 
The daddy.

f1.jpg



At the Petersen Auto museum in LA. I purposefully did not look up what they had in the current collection before going, because I wanted to be surprised. I was not expecting an F1. Stunning thing. It was parked between a Vector M12 and a Lamborghini Countach and that offered a really great comparison have just how compact and unbelievably refined the design of the F1 is. Every single detail on the body is exceptionally well resolved...I took a picture of the rear glass to demonstrate this:

IMG_3581.jpeg


The quality of the construction is up there with modern Porsches, perhaps better. The Vector and Countach looked just so crude by comparison - sharp corners at intersections, undefined surfaces throughout.

Some other hits at the museum currently on display that I'm not going to post pictures of because I don't want to minimize the F1:
Isdera Commendatore 112i (also looks really well made, which surprised me)
Ford GT90
Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR Roadster
Talbot Figoni et Falaschi
Jaguar XRJ15
Ford Indigo
Lotec C1000
Cizeta V16T (Appeared better built than the Countach, which surprised me)
Panoz Esperante GTR1 (a true beast, especially in person)
Bugatti EB110 (Really good looking car in person, more compact than I expected)

Great museum. Highly recommend. Saving the "vault" for my next trip to LA.
 
991 Turbo

IMG_2145.jpeg


Alpina B7

IMG_2144.jpeg


SL 53

IMG_2132.jpeg


Tastefully modded E36 M3

IMG_2134.jpeg


‘84 Riviera

IMG_2102.jpeg


‘68 Camaro

IMG_2036.jpeg


Mk. IV Supra in excellent condition

IMG_2009.jpeg


Boxster GTS

IMG_2005.jpeg


Oldsmobile 88 hauling ass on the highway during rain

IMG_1971.jpeg


Continental GT

IMG_1942.jpeg


M5

IMG_1936.jpeg


M5

IMG_1948.jpeg


RS5

IMG_1946.jpeg
 
991 Turbo

View attachment 1462045

Alpina B7

View attachment 1462046

SL 53

View attachment 1462047

Tastefully modded E36 M3

View attachment 1462048

‘84 Riviera

View attachment 1462049

‘68 Camaro

View attachment 1462050

Mk. IV Supra in excellent condition

View attachment 1462051

Boxster GTS

View attachment 1462052

Oldsmobile 88 hauling ass on the highway during rain

View attachment 1462053

Continental GT

View attachment 1462054

M5

View attachment 1462055

M5

View attachment 1462056

RS5

View attachment 1462057
Wow, I'm amazed. Very good pictures mate.
 
Last edited:
I'm getting awfully used to seeing this Mitsubishi Pajero Mini that one of my co-workers has, I think I'll take a photo of it and post it next time I spot it - which should be incredibly soon, since it's there almost daily.

EDIT: I think I recall seeing it being a "VR-II" model, as well! It's even right-hand drive!
 
Last edited:
I'm getting awfully used to seeing this Mitsubishi Pajero Mini that one of my co-workers has, I think I'll take a photo of it and post it next time I spot it - which should be incredibly soon, since it's there almost daily.

EDIT: I think I recall seeing it being a "VR-II" model, as well! It's even right-hand drive!
I've seen two of these doing the rounds for rural mail delivery routes in Alabama.
 
Apparently that's one of the rarest Chevys you can run into. There's like around 216 HHR Panel SSs or some number similar to that made.
Yeah I know. I was freaking out over that compared to the AMG one I saw earlier. I’ve seen a few panels.
 
This day is quite peculiar and I think GT fans may agree.
I am in the Eiffel region and I saw this Shelby AC Cobra Daytona from the UK in the town of Adenau today.
What a sight !
I may think that, alike the AC Cobra, there is some replica made otherwise there was 6 cars produced back then...
Cheers folks 😉
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3457.jpeg
    IMG_3457.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3458.jpeg
    IMG_3458.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 18
Wandering back from London Comic Con I saw this :
20250706_171646.jpg
 
Is this a Kei-Car?

This day is quite peculiar and I think GT fans may agree.
I am in the Eiffel region and I saw this Shelby AC Cobra Daytona from the UK in the town of Adenau today.
What a sight !
I may think that, alike the AC Cobra, there is some replica made otherwise there was 6 cars produced back then...
Cheers folks 😉
There are definitely Replicas been made, so I would assume it is one, because I doubt that anyone would park the original one just at the side of the street😀
But still a cool sight👍
 
I don‘t know if „good“ is the adjective I‘d use for this car but I saw this very tacky modified S63 today.

B4169105-A3AA-48C2-B512-4018BD4B65FC.jpeg
 
A few cool cars I saw this week so far:

Bentley Bentayga

54BA7690-BF49-4B8F-BCBB-8FE7707233E3.jpeg


Mercedes SL63 AMG

40663B2B-C016-4422-9F04-A91D68BA0A0E.jpeg


BMW M2 with Carbon M Performance parts and a custom exhaust

6B9D6BAB-938B-48AF-A01A-A34F89303223.jpeg


68FF654B-3850-4A66-8D88-271E6F3EC64B.jpeg
 
Back