Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,867 views
11 Capris out for a Sunday drive.



And then a couple of these. I don't know what they are though.



View attachment 1532615

Today is "Drive It Day" in the UK where owners do organised drives to promote classic cars (and also to make funds for NSPCC Childline).

And the car you don't know is...
Also a Capri! Sort of
Technically it's a Ford Consul Capri from 1961-1964, most people would probably refer to it as a Consul.
 
Last edited:
Today is "Drive It Day" in the UK where owners do organised drives to promote classic cars (and also to make funds for NSPCC Childline).
That explains it. Also saw a classic mini and a Mk1 Golf.
 
This cool Alfa (?). Does anyone know more about this model? I have never seen this car before.

View attachment 1532623
It’s an Alfa Romeo RZ (Roadster Zagato). Only 278 made between 1992 and 1994. Very rare. I saw one in Tokyo once, eight years ago.
IMG_2116.webp
 
Last edited:
That explains it. Also saw a classic mini and a Mk1 Golf.
I can remember when a Mk1 Golf wasn't a classic...

Drove to the Classic Motor Hub for our club Drive It Day run today.
On the way, at a junction I saw about a dozen red Ferraris lined up queuing to turn right. If only i wasn't driving and could have taken a photo :(
I've never seen so many Ferraris together before, other than at events.
 
Went to Rye for a day/driving trip.

Some nice cars on the way down (including a pristine version of what I assume was one of these https://www.carandclassic.com/list/10/3.0 csl/) and it didn't stop once we got there:

View attachment 1531043

View attachment 1531044View attachment 1531045

The last one, walking under the clock arch structure reminded me of Citta Di Aria 🥲
Damn great spottings, that Elan especially looks gorgeous and like a lot of fun, but the Fulvia also just👌
 
Incredibly clean 1990 Corolla.

IMG_4148.webp


Mercedes-Benz W110

IMG_4192.webp


SLS AMG

IMG_4199.webp


IMG_4196.webp


W123 Estate

IMG_4207.webp


E92 M3

IMG_4213.webp


Cayman GT4

IMG_4214.webp


Rolls Royce Ghost

IMG_4215.webp


Plymouth Acclaim

IMG_4203.webp


Fiat 124

IMG_4201.webp


Mercedes-Benz GT 63 AMG at autozone of all places.

IMG_4186.webp


SL 55 AMG

IMG_4188.webp


First-gen Dodge Intrepid, you never see these around anymore

IMG_4160.webp
 
Okay, things I saw this weekend.

Mazda RX-7 GXL (FC)
20260516_113625.webp


Honda Acty
20260516_150754.webp


Holden HSV Maloo R8, I have heard some people import these using some loop hole thing.
20260516_180131.webp


Audi RSQ8
20260517_103853.webp


BMW X4 M
20260517_104047.webp


Acura TLX Type-S
20260517_105053.webp


VW Golf R Mk.8
20260517_110613.webp


BMW M5 G90
20260517_111100.webp


Ferrari California
20260517_111527.webp


Ford F150 Raptor
20260517_114847.webp


Jaguar F-Pace SVR
20260517_115607.webp


Rivian R2
20260517_120909.webp


BMW XM
20260517_121309.webp


Toyota GR86
20260517_121351.webp


Yeah, a lot of SUVs made their way in this post. Also, I was hoping to share some other cars I saw that were recorded on my dashcam, but my dashcam was badly positioned. It mainly just recorded the sky. If it actually got anything, I'll share it here.
 
Last edited:
Saw this cool hard top triumph TR6
Beautiful spec and it had a double pipe exit/long exhaust in the back which I believe isn’t stock…
I sadly couldn’t stay around to wait for the driver and ask him/her about their car…
IMG_1227.webp

Everyone that passed was taking pictures of it so it definitely made a few head turns😁
If anyone is wondering the hood just as a bunch of, I think we could call them sprouts?. Some trees here in Quebec get these in the spring and are a pain in the butt when the fall cause they stay sticky.
 
Last edited:
Been busy the past two weekends did Mecum Indy and Ohio plus Detroit yesterday. Ohio spots
IMG_2054.webp
IMG_2055.webp
IMG_2056.webp
IMG_2057.webp
IMG_2058.webp
IMG_2059.webp
IMG_2060.webp
indy spots
IMG_2065.webp
IMG_3120.webp
IMG_3123.webp
IMG_3122.webp
IMG_3124.webp
IMG_3227.webp
IMG_3562.webp
local spots
IMG_3128.webp
IMG_3132.webp
IMG_3138.webp
IMG_3148.webp
IMG_3150.webp
hennessy camaro
IMG_3219.webp
IMG_3224.webp
IMG_3924.webp
and a sf90 xx and a Countach that was flying down the highway in Detroit
IMG_4237.webp
IMG_4240.webp
got him at the exit.
IMG_4244.webp
 
Back