Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,722 comments
  • 3,784,577 views
Remember this:
I saw a very odd looking big pick up truck, white. It was brand new. When I looked at the license plate, I was surprised to see it was an American. Must be expensive to transport your truck from the US to Europe (Belgium in this case).

Well, today I found out at last what kind of truck it was; It was a Chevrolet Avalanche
 

Attachments

  • tsw_slugger_chevrolet_avalanche_1.jpg
    tsw_slugger_chevrolet_avalanche_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 25
could be the off road tyres arent road legal? my mate had a lift kit fitted to her range rover to fit these certain off road tyres but they were too wide to be road legal :indiff:
:odd: I'm not alking about tractor tyres here, just considerably deeper grooved tyres than what were on the car.
 
While in Central London the other day, just outside Selfridges:

photo0072ct6.jpg


My sister didn't want to be near me taking a pic of cars so she walked off :). Never noticed they used those aerodynamic wipers we sometimes put on some cars (could be replacements) - he'll have to dig deep to pay for the parking ticket I expect....

photo0071pz8.jpg


More funny was the fact that two people actually stopped to take a picture of my car! I had to check around to see I wasn't missing some Lambo or Ferrari, was pretty weird. Makes me feel like posing around in London one day 💡

great spot. i saw an SLR this weekend too. dont think it was that one. but it was silver never the less.
 
No SLR but a few good spots today...

h1-082007.jpg

Hummer H1

v8_vantage-082007.jpg

Aston-Martin V8 Vantage

gt-082007.jpg


gt-082007-3.jpg


gt-082007-2.jpg


gt-082007-4.jpg


And of course the obligatory shots...

gt_a4-082007-2.jpg


gt_a4-082007.jpg


Spot of the night...

57s-082007.jpg

Maybach 57S on Arizona plates.
 
I had to look up what a 4RE was.
 
There is a Ford GT just like that one that drives around in my home town (Ada, MI) quite often. My friends and I are still trying to figure out who owns it. Apparently there is a Silver one as well.
 
I, to, saw a ford GT (silver with blue racing stripes) drive past on the road.:D
 
I just realised that the SLR doesn't have any front plates :odd: Not even stuck onto the front splitter.
 
I saw a Mercedes-Benz S300 today while i was cycling to a shop...
The-new-Mercedes-Benz-S-300.jpg

(sorry if this is not the actual picture of the car. I didn't have any camera at that time...the car looks like this,but it was in black.)
 
Congrats to Doug! 👍

IMHO, yellow Ford GTs seem to be the rarest. All I've ever seen is a red (long time ago) one, and multiple blue/white stripes and white/blue stripes models.
 
How rare is the Audi S5?

I saw one on Sunday... no pics, though.
 
Congrats to Doug! 👍

IMHO, yellow Ford GTs seem to be the rarest. All I've ever seen is a red (long time ago) one, and multiple blue/white stripes and white/blue stripes models.

As colors go I believe Heritage Edition models are the rarest. My seven GT spots break down this way:

2 white with blue stripes (1 2)
2 red with white stripes (1 2)
1 black with white stripes
1 Heritage Edition
1 yellow with black stripes

Pretty fortunate to have seen several colors of the vehicle.

Spots today...

v8_vantage-082107.jpg

Aston-Martin V8 Vantage

348_gts-082107.jpg

Ferrari 348 GTS

360_modena-082107.jpg

Ferrari 360 Modena
 
An off topic question (sort off). I you have the money what car would you choose?

- A Porsche 911 (model 997) GT3 RS?

- An Aston Martin V8 Vantage?

- Or a Wiesmann GT coupé?
 
- An Aston Martin V8 Vantage
It's an Aston, I'ma mad on Aston's that's what I would go for. Nice spots today M5! 👍
 
It seems to be a day of super-saloons for me, today. Saw both an XJR and a CLS55 AMG today, as well as a first-gen Taurus SHO.

No pics - I'll try and snap the XJR if it's still around tomorrow.
 
I agree the Heritage edition is the rarest, but I've still seen it twice. That's 2 more times than yellow. :indiff:
 
A Porsche 911 (model 997) GT3 RS?

The porsche for superb, all weather performance.

More on topic than that...

I saw a modified Supra in yellow, actually looked quite decent and something a little more rare, a Nissan Pao, though i couldnt get any pics because my memory card is playing up, i keep getting the message ''memory card error, format memory card?'' and it proceeds to deny me the ability to take pictures :grumpy:
 
Oddly, my camera did the same at the weekend. Fortunately I'd just taken all the photos off've it; when you format the card it deletes any photos that are on it.

I don't know what camera you have, but on my Nikon D40 there's a "Format Memory Card" option in the Setup menu.

Edit: kikie: the Aston.
 
An off topic question (sort off). I you have the money what car would you choose?

- A Porsche 911 (model 997) GT3 RS?

- An Aston Martin V8 Vantage?

- Or a Wiesmann GT coupé?

I'd take the Aston without question. It fits my personality much, much better.

====

Back on topic: I'm a bit peeved that I missed a great opportunity for a spot today.

While on my way to school I am forced to drive through an exceedingly wealthy neighborhood (East Grand Rapids) to Aquinas College. Located in the center of town is not only my school, but also a Hospital, and many rather large, six-figures+ homes. Shortly after driving across, what else, Wealthy Street, a blacked-out Bentley Continental GTC (literally completely black, black aftermarket wheels, limo tint, etc) went barreling by. I neither had time to grab my phone, much less to let the car completely materialize in my mind before it had passed.

Crap.
 
Today...

pantera_gts-082207.jpg

DeTomaso Pantera GTS

Can't say why, but that looks very kitcar'ish.. The rear fender flares look all "off"....
 
Can't say why, but that looks very kitcar'ish.. The rear fender flares look all "off"....
Its obviously a Ford GT40. It says it on the side...
 
Its obviously a Ford GT40. It says it on the side...

Can't say I agree, but if someone dressed a GT as a Pantera, death sentence would be far too easy ! :-)

Btw... I have in no way interfered in the GT vs. GT40 discussion !....
 
Very rarely will you see one of these in such great condition, i think this one may have been restored.


Triumph Dolomite.
 
Back