Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,722 comments
  • 3,784,519 views
f3hvelsatisyb6.jpg

Renault Vel Satis - about a thousand of these were RHD, sold in the UK between 2001 and 2005. Quite a rare, and unjustifiably unloved, car.


Renault VelSatis and Megane cabrio.



 
Doug, fire up the camera! The CCX hits US shores.

Meh, been there, done that, got the photo. :p


Now you know why i rarely post photos here, because seeing that has severely affected my judgement on rare cars :lol:

I cant wait to go back to Puerto Banus in February, hoping to bring you some damn fine cars again ;)
 
theres a renault avantime around near somewhere..seen a few times..i didnt know they even went into production :odd: also i learn somewhere near a company uses 9 of em as company cars too tho iv never seen one of those.
and i swear i saw a bmw Z1 in london today, was off the road tho and on a platform under a sign (its on old street near shoreditch for anyone interested) :odd: saw a nice db7 convertible too, and the usual bunch of pricy luxury cars in the city blahblah, but did see a clean bentley corniche tho :D
 
That's the car they're talking about in the link...

firstccxdelivery.jpg


It's been delivered to an owner. The article says the car was driven at a road course near Las Vegas Motor Speedway over a year ago.
 
Two spots from last week that I never got around to posting:

n78001441_30451326_3251.jpg

Thats a BMW Service vehicle. I've never seen one on the road before, thought it was very odd indeed!

n78001441_30451327_3492.jpg

A very, very, very early Volvo 240?
 
Wow you guys got hammered with ice.

And BMW service vehicles? I think I've seen one on the road, but if my Cooper ever breaks down (I hope it won't) I'll see another.
 
That was last Sunday I believe. But its been icy this week too!
 
What a stupid place to put some mud flaps. And they look like he stole them off a semi.
 
Is that what they're called? I've never seen them before.

I see them far too often, and agreed about the mud flaps, are those even blocking the full width of the tires?
 
I saw an old Green Chevrolet and a white R33 Skyline in Kadina today. I don't have any photos but they're both there reguarly. I think they're local.
 
Meh, been there, done that, got the photo. :p
Now you know why i rarely post photos here, because seeing that has severely affected my judgement on rare cars :lol:

I cant wait to go back to Puerto Banus in February, hoping to bring you some damn fine cars again ;)

How come you have a picture of Hong Kong in your avatar, Alex?
 



Truck Nutz! haha! I saw them on the back of a Jeep once. One thing I've always wondered, though, is if they get stolen what would you tell the cops? "Officer, I had my Nutz ripped off!" :dopey:
 
What a stupid place to put some mud flaps. And they look like he stole them off a semi.

Well considering the truck is lifted and those wimpy ones near the wheel wells won't help whatsoever, those larger mudflaps would help quite a bit. Plus they are attached to the hitch, which are usually the kind you would use while towing a trailer, or in this case perfect for a lifted truck.
 
How come you have a picture of Hong Kong in your avatar, Alex?

From what i've seen it looks beautiful, and and night increased tenfold. I'd love to visit there one day. :)
 




Can someone tell me what car that is and if it's a good spot or not.

Thank you.
serge
 
It's an Opel Speedster or a Saturn Sky (what it's called in the US)
 
I thought Skys are based on the Solstice and are front-engined?

But it's a Speedster/VX220?
 
It's an Opel Speedster or a Saturn Sky (what it's called in the US)

Or a Opel GT ;) Nice spot anyways. 👍
I thought Skys are based on the Solstice and are front-engined?

But it's a Speedster/VX220 for sure.
No way. A Speedster and the GT looks totally different. It is a FR layout. The rear looks too small to fit an engine. Here is a conparison:

Saturn Sky/ Opel GT
sky-rear.jpg


Opel Speedster/Vaxhall VX220
speedster04nv4hz0.jpg


Basically the Opel GT is supposed to replace the Opel Speedster....(well i think so....)
 
Oh I thoughts that what you guys called it. Me = Fail
 
I wasn't aware the Opel GT looked that close to the VX220 from behind. :p
 
for what i know, the VX is a Vauxhall. Vauxhall is the british brand for Opel. it is basically the same speedster sold with two different brands.

I suppose that the same is for the GT. A thing i didn't know is that Saturn is basically the same car too.
 
I suppose that the same is for the GT. A thing i didn't know is that Saturn is basically the same car too.

I think there is a Daewoo version of it too :lol:.
 
Back