Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,723 comments
  • 3,784,946 views
Joey, 2009 Nissan Murano.

Oh god what did they do to it? It used to look semi-good.

Are you sure it isn't a Rover? :lol: It certainly threw me off.

I had no idea what in the world it was until I got up to it at the light. It's ugly too.
 
I went to the Motor Show today and saw loads of interesting cars! However that's not what this thread is all about, so I'll post what I saw on the way instead. Sorry about the image quality on some of these, but you know how it is sometimes...

Aston convertible (not sure of model?)


Carrera S;


Bentley Continental (IIRC?)



Then these were on the way home;
Ferrari 360 (Is that model correct? I'm only going by the rear lights)


and another;


and then, as we were driving through a tunnel with the windows up and the radio on full blast, we heard a deep rumble approaching from behind. My mate looked in his mirror and just shouted "WOAH!" as the sound got nearer. He didn't tell me what he had seen until it came past us;


With this in tow!


As they blasted off into the distance I didn't think we would see them again, but they had slowed down up ahead to take a junction so I wound the window down and got some close ups (well, ish)




And a last little bonus;




All in all a good days work, I feel, especially when you add in the 470 other photos taken of the actual show itself, 250 of which can be found here! :)
 
For the record:
7350-100100.jpg

Rover 75 (Technically an MG ZT 260, but shut up).
 
Oh, and this
DSC_0072.jpg

:lol:
 
The Aston is a V8 Vantage Volante.
 
The Aston is a V8 Vantage Volante.

Ah, thanks! I should have realised that since I took this about 30 minutes later
DSC_0047.jpg


:lol:
👍
 
And your 360s are 430s.
 
Ferrari 360 (Is that model correct? I'm only going by the rear lights)

Both are 430s.

Off topic, I'm going to the Motor Show tomorrow; is the Honda thing worth it?

Edit: and I got so engrossed in the Motor Show website I forgot to hit post, and got tree'd. By quite a bit.
 
Bloody Google... :ouch:
The 360's lights are fully inside the body, but the 430's protude above the "boot" lid.
 
Roo
Both are 430s.

Off topic, I'm going to the Motor Show tomorrow; is the Honda thing worth it?

It's a bit weird, it's basically a half hour long advert for how great Honda are. Some good stunts in it but they keep blabbing on about how energy efficient they are and how good they are at being green. Totally missed the point of the show IMO. And the presenters are morons.

That said, you do get to see Asimo! :)

I'm uploading photos of it right now so you can see for yourself, you'll find them in the car photos and videos forum.
 
...And I don't think the 360 had rear diffusers either.
 
pic0127aw8.jpg


My first GT3, saw it a few days ago when I was driving and heard a low rumble. Funny enough, I took this picture at Costco.
 
Rue
Why is it that you've seen so few 599's Doug? Or is it just that I have just seen an abnormally large amount?

You've seen an abnormally large amount. Just going by this thread, the 599 is a raaaaaaaaare sight to behold... very few people on here see them. What's odd is that whereas your sightings usually mirror everyone else's (but there are proportionally more of them), you seem to see the 599 a disproportionately larger number of times. I've got no explanation for it... consider yourself lucky! :D
 
an interesting one
a golf country!

Yeah BTW I forgot to mention, this is a great spot. When the Touareg was released, I heard about these in a magazine snippet; it showed one bad photo and I'd sort of forgotten about it. Haven't seen or heard of it since. Thanks for this photo! :)
 
It's a Porsche but I don't know what kind. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before.
P7240111.jpg


Maybe a TVR Tasmin? Once again haven't seen one.
P7240113.jpg


Aston V8 Vantage
P7240116.jpg
 
It's a Porsche but I don't know what kind. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before.
P7240111.jpg
930 Slantnose, possibly aftermarket (as I am not sure whether any convertibles were done up that way). Very expensive option that was designed as a throwback to the 935.

Maybe a TVR Tasmin? Once again haven't seen one.
P7240113.jpg
Yep.
 
Cool thanks, as far as I can tell Porsche made a slantnose cabrio. It was out of state parked in front of a house where the owner is some hotshot at VW around here. There were probably a 100 cars up and down the street and a tour bus where there was loading onto. There were a lot of nice cars, just nothing besides the Porsche photo worthy.
 
HI guys, I've seen a couple of nice cars in California and NV so far. I swear a yellow vette ZHZ has followed me from santa monica to vegas :lol: Outside this window (im in a las vegas strip net cafe, how cool am i) there's 2 murcies, a quattroporte and an SL55. Maybachs are 10 a penny. Where I will see most of my cars will be in Irvine and Laguna, where I'm driving back to tommorow.


speak tya doods soon.
 
The I'm just as special as Doug spot! The new Mazda 6

Looks like silver works better on that car.



I saw a Dodge Challenger yesterday. It doesn't actually look as bad as in pictures.
 
No, it doesn't look as bad, but it's still too tall, imo. I don't get why, but it was actually more sureal for me to see a new Challenger than a Lamborghini or Ferrari.
 
Back