Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,589 comments
I believe this thread is entitled "Did you see anything thing good" not "Did you see anything rare". The STi is a good car in many people's eyes. And hey at least there is a picture.

BlazinXtreme
I believe this thread is entitled "Did you see anything thing good" not "Did you see anything rare". The STi is a good car in many people's eyes. And hey at least there is a picture.
You took the words righ out of my mouth. Went to dinner and walked out and saw a nice road runner convert.:

Walked around Dallas today.

Amazingly, saw 2 NSXs in less than 2 minutes!
A 1991 Black Coupe, and a yellow Targa.

Yesterday I saw a Lexus badged as a SC250, which I know must have been a Toyota Soarer rebadged to Lexus or an actual Lexus with a Soarers 2.5L twin turbo engine (1JZGTE) swaped in it and they owner made up a custom badge. I could see the '250' font didn't properly match the SC. Sorry didn't have my camera with me.

*McLaren*
Unforunately, I got thrown out because I was reported as "suspicious" person.[/FONT]

hahaha...i had that happen and they confiscated my poor camera. i got it back after they had the cops talk to me. but woo...took my breath away. im gonna go back and try to get a pic of what i saw :)

and by the way, an STI, for me and my area, is extremely rare...only 1 in 4-5 yrs

I've seen some surprisingly nice cars the past two days. Yesterday I saw an orange Lotus Elise on campus, and just this morning, I saw a gorgeous Ferrari Testarossa (in red, of course).

I saw a red 996 GT3, oldskool (1970's) white 911, brand new 997 911 convt. in white (first I've seen) and a silver FD RX-7 which is pretty rare around here. 👍

BMWteamPTG
and by the way, an STI, for me and my area, is extremely rare...only 1 in 4-5 yrs
:crazy: Even I see more than that, and I probably hold the record for least interesting sightings, atleast when I'm home.

Mclaren
Unforunately, I got thrown out because I was reported as "suspicious" person.
There are some car stealing gangs that send out people with camera's looking for 'hits'. That's partly why I don't like the idea of standing taking a photo of a car in the middle of the street, that and looking like a complete dork.

I JUST (30 sec ago) saw a Ford GT with the Blue w/orange stripes drive down my street. Thank god for the colour, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it out of the corner of my eye. Although, I did turn to look because I heard it 1st.

Caught a Bentley Continental GT at Baylor, but the real fun was in Dallas.

Walking along the street that the Adam's Mark building is located on, I noticed a long and low car in the garage across the street. It's yellow, and is hidden behind a 911 Targa. However, it's far in the back, and almost on the 2nd floor.

Being curious, and cautious (I was thrown out a garage a few days ago), I make my way up the ramp into the garage. The parking attendant is gone, so I lower my cautiousness. After getting about 5 feet away, I see that the car is none other than a Saleen S7 (non TT model).

I immediately walk around the car, checking out it's drop-dead looks. I stay for a while, and then leave to get my camera. After doing so, it's still there. I wait outside though hoping to meet the owner and avoiding the Parking Security. When the Security Explorer left, I made my way up.

Again, I check out it's looks, and engine. But right as I take out my camera, I spot the Explorer, and leave before he can see me. I then waited across the street at the Adam's Mark building and learn the owner is in the building. After waiting 10 minutes, I go across the street into the garage. But by the time, I get up there, Security spots me, and asks me what I'm doing.

Luckily, my camera wasn't out, and we chatted about the Saleen. However, he then asked me to leave, much, much nicer than the Baylor Security did.

My hopes shot down, I go back across town. But later tonight, I drove back, and saw that the Saleen is gone.
After pulling onto the highway to head home, I'm driving for about 10 minutes before low and behold, the S7 blows by me.

Sadly, by the time I get my camera out, a semi had cut me off and after it got off, the S7 was going towards Houston....:guilty:

STLbarcelona5
I JUST (30 sec ago) saw a Ford GT with the Blue w/orange stripes drive down my street. Thank god for the colour, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it out of the corner of my eye. Although, I did turn to look because I heard it 1st.

The only one like that I know around me is owned by Kid Rock. I've never actually seen it in person though. Frankly I think the baby blue and the orange is quite ugly on the car.

It's the first time I've seen one outside a car show, it sounded great.

Today on the highway. Bentley Continental GT.

Although that's nothing odd. Considering that the day I 1st took the SATs, on the car trip home (about 15 min) I saw TWO Bentleys and TWO Rolls Royces. That was definitely unexpected.

Integra Type R
I also saw a new Saturn Sky. Looks muuuuch better in person. 👍

How can you see the new Saturn Sky, its not even out to the dealerships yet! The Pontiac Solstice is out though.

At the local store where me and my mom went to shop I saw this 1977 Olds Cutlass with 403 cubic inch V8! Low rumble of classic American V8 was intoxicating...it also set off alarms on Toyota Sienna too :lol:

53218350_pr.jpg

During the weekend I saw several Porsche Boxsters, a dodge ram SRT10, 2 C6 Z06 Vettes(one black and one blue!), viper SRT10, Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG, Porsche 911(997 to be exact), and an '05 Subaru STI.

Back