Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,198 views
I have no idea. It left before I could talk to the people who had it. it had a sticker on the windscreen that said GMPT Tuning or something.
 
A Renault Megane RS for the Dac, sorry not in yellow, actually very modest look in white:
4564943579_eede90d601.jpg
4564943601_a1932f9063.jpg

Haha, thank you, I really appreciate it. In my opinion any colour looks good on that car.

Nismo_Skyline that's one nice Ferrari, great spot!
 
I have no idea. It left before I could talk to the people who had it. it had a sticker on the windscreen that said GMPT Tuning or something.

They are probably data ports or something like that for testing.
 
The rest from yesterday...

alf_156gtasportwagon_lg9608_800x450.jpg


alf_giulietta_kb6829_800x450_01.jpg


ast_db6_bb776_800x450_02.jpg


ast_db9_unknown_800x450_01.jpg


bmw_3series_hl783_800x450_01.jpg


bmw_3seriesconvertible_unknown_800x.jpg


bmw_m6convertible_kx2999_800x450_01.jpg


fer_360modena_ed135_800x450_01.jpg


fer_360modena_kl8333_800x450_01.jpg


fer_360modena_unknown_800x450_01.jpg


fer_360modenaspider_ce883_800x450_0.jpg


fer_456gtm_mb456_800x450_02.jpg


fer_599gtb_iggy_800x450_02.jpg


fer_599gtb_my506_800x450_01.jpg


fer_612scaglietti_ac612_800x450_01.jpg


fer_california_ry_800x450_02.jpg


fer_california_unknown_800x450_01.jpg


fer_f430_105_800x450_01.jpg


fer_f430_2628_800x450_01.jpg


fer_f430_cc1809_800x450_01.jpg


fer_f430scuderia_jky_800x450_01.jpg


hon_streamrsz_lk2790_800x450_01.jpg


lam_gallardospyder_nw327_800x450_01.jpg


lam_gallardosuperleggera_ec80_800x4.jpg


lot_evora_x300_800x450_01.jpg


mas_granturismos_mm533_800x450_01.jpg


maz_rx7_unknown_800x450_01.jpg


maz_rx8_ng8740_800x450_01.jpg


mer_c63amg_msl168_800x450_01.jpg


mer_sclass_sh_800x450_01.jpg


min_cooper_cl8812_800x450_01.jpg


min_cooper_nf5515_800x450_01.jpg


mot_gw70_800x450_01.jpg


mot_unknown_800x450_01.jpg


nis_gtr_9889_800x450_01.jpg


nis_gtr_gn299_800x450_01.jpg


nis_gtr_r88gtr_800x450_01.jpg


nis_pao_pa4134_800x450_01.jpg


nis_silvia_ns8378_800x450_02.jpg


nis_skyline25gt_lf8928_800x450_01.jpg


nis_skylinegtr_unknown_800x450_0-1.jpg


por_944cabriolet_kf3500_800x450_01.jpg


por_996_997_800x450_01.jpg


por_996_soon_800x450_01.jpg


por_997gt3_gz9990_800x450_01.jpg


por_997gt3_nd997_800x450_01.jpg


por_997gt3_pc1169_800x450_01.jpg


por_997gt3_pe934_800x450_01.jpg


sub_imprezas204_np7978_800x450_01.jpg


suz_wagonr_js1300_800x450_01.jpg


toy_chaser_gw885_800x450_01.jpg


toy_crown_hw1486_800x450_01.jpg


toy_mr2_mr2012_800x450_01.jpg


toy_mrs_bb6090_800x450_01.jpg


vol_850t5r_hp9941_800x450_01.jpg


Rue, awesome spot on that yellow 964 Carrera RS 3.8!

Unfortunately, it's not a 3.8 but a 3.6 Turbo. It just has the wing added.
 
All those are nice, but I love the R34s more then any of them.

Can anyone translate this? Or even know what it is or what language.

Photo0424close.jpg
 
Looks like Chinese to me, my Chinese translator guy isn't as work today or I'd have him look at it.
 
RE: Weird Caddy... It's obviously a test car of some sort but I'd definitely like to know what purpose it serves; I remember having seen a MkI Focus around the neighborhood absolute yonks ago with the same tip on the exhaust and wiring bits...
 
308 GTB

IMG_0092.jpg


IMG_0094-1.jpg


Im calling fake on this one. The hood vents are too big and the rear wheels dont look right....its out of proportion. The door latches are wrong and 308s have flip up lights.
 
I don't know, I'm not really into Ferraris that much. I just went off the badges on the back.

IMG_0093.jpg


Edit:

More Woodward. Some might be repeats, but oh well.

Trans Ams

IMG_0028-1.jpg


IMG_0057-3.jpg


Probably a fake GT 350

IMG_0042.jpg


Z 28s

IMG_0045-4.jpg


IMG_0073-2.jpg


IMG_0133-1.jpg


Big old Caddy

IMG_0052-2.jpg


Carrera

IMG_0053-2.jpg


Firebird

IMG_0055-1.jpg


Mid 80's Mustangs

IMG_0058-1.jpg


IMG_0059-2.jpg


Was this paint job special?

IMG_0062-1.jpg


Old Corvette

IMG_0086-1.jpg


A couple Cadillacs

IMG_0087.jpg


IMG_0143-1.jpg


Olds

IMG_0100.jpg


Another Trans Am

IMG_0113.jpg


Mustang

IMG_0127-1.jpg


Fury?

IMG_0136-1.jpg


Some poles, and a Bonneville

IMG_0172.jpg


Big Dodge or something.

IMG_0193-1.jpg


That's about it for my Woodward day. I may go back in two weeks.
 
Last edited:
Trans Ams = epic, specially the drag 3d gen with bolt-on cowl induction. the olds looks pretty mean too but it needs BIG tires outback. awesome stuff... lotsa repeats, but awesome :0

And Rue... seeing your posts it a total car overload. There still are times that I see what you and Paul come up with in like 15 minutes and go "crap, it just can't be true...", even tough I've seen it all for years now. It still amazes me. And by that I of course take for granted that you are also still amazed.

That said, the quality drop sure is apparent. Heck dude, really, what do you do to them? o_o
 
Last edited:
AMV8

102.jpg


109.jpg


DB7 Volante that I couldn't get any good angles on:

101-1.jpg


Ford GT parked next to a Jaguar XK140. The car cover over the Jag and an off-frame red Sunfire ruined any decent photography of the pairing:

108.jpg
 
exigeracer, your photos never fail to disappoint! Seriously, how do the cars you see end up in like the most photogenic places? Coupled with your camera skills your pics are outstanding :bowdown:
 
Lotus, you and your scenic city can go dump yourselves in a deep hole. Heck living there would make my work EASY. just walk around a corner, find a location. Move three meters, find a location. Can I have the secons Aston picture big time?

also, DB7 in vertical composition? was it not possible?

And aaaalso, er, couldn't you, like take the car cover off the jag and just desaturate the red of the Pontiac? hehehe

EDIT: Heck, can I also have the DB7 big time? :0
 
All those are nice, but I love the R34s more then any of them.

Can anyone translate this? Or even know what it is or what language.

Photo0424close.jpg

It says "Shanghai Tong Yong", which is the Chinese joint company that sells Chinese assembled Caddys here in China. I guess its going through testing as someone else mentioned.

That said, the quality drop sure is apparent. Heck dude, really, what do you do to them? o_o

I wonder what he does with his camera behind closed doors too

exigeracer *&@%^!*)you, how do you do that, your pictures just look so right everytime. Can I please have them in XXL size please? I have a collection of your photos now and it proves to be really great for panning screen savers
 
Rue
exigeracer, your photos never fail to disappoint! Seriously, how do the cars you see end up in like the most photogenic places? Coupled with your camera skills your pics are outstanding :bowdown:


Agreed! I was just telling my wife while looking at those, I really need to learn how to use manual settings on our camera! I have a D80 and only using the auto setting is just not using the camera.


I wish I could have got a pics of two things I seen earlier, but they both were going down the road and trying to pull out my cell and get it into camera mode just couldn't happen that fast. The first thing that made me slightly sad and shocked as well was a SLK Mercedes around 2005 or so delivering pizza today, it had a papa johns lighted topper sticking right on the roof of it:scared: You have to be kidding me!? Seriously guy come on! The second was a brand new BMW M3 in grey, oh my god that car has some damn fine lines to it, love.....
 
I don't know, I'm not really into Ferraris that much. I just went off the badges on the back.

IMG_0093.jpg

Not correct proportions, different wheels on the back, made me think of the Pontiac Fiero kit (where did I get this from???). Best place to see is the back, since the engine is completely differently placed in both cars.

The real one:

ferrari_308_gtb_vetroresina_rear.jpg


Pontiac Fiero with kit:

DSC_1561-lowres.jpg

Edit tried another one:
mymera2.jpg

Here is a Pontiac Fiero before and after:
33671460012_medium.jpg



Conclusion: It is probably a real Mera Ferrari kit on a Pontiac Fiero, still like the spot.

P.S. I prefer the Fiero GT as Fiero though

========================================================

Edit from lunch (all in the same shopping mall where I went eating):

Alpina B3 BiTurbo
4577594539_5e23b8fa31_b.jpg

4577593209_c1350d929a.jpg
4578225386_cb48b4d5e2.jpg


An ABT Audi TT (between a C350 CDI and a Golf GTI):
4578226692_22d0407421.jpg
4578226372_9b41c96120.jpg
4577593695_bc841001ea.jpg


An Audi R8, back on the way to get my mobile I forgot this morning at home:
4578225858_1a57ba903f_b.jpg


=======================

I bet it has a blown head gasket. Probably saving his pennies for a Honda or Audi engine swap.

34g5zky_th.jpg
The guy works for one of the companies that deliver the original engine, look above the car.
 
Last edited:
SANY0241.jpg

SANY0240.jpg

New Audi. I really like this design.

SANY0266.jpg

New Ram 3500. Again, diesels trucks are rather rare down here.

SANY0304.jpg

Normal Mustang.. had a 2010 rear though.

SANY0309.jpg

Old Cadillac for Cano

SANY0310.jpg

Decent Escalade.

Two specials:

SANY0264.jpg

SANY0249.jpg

The only Train(s) in Newfoundland.

SANY0254.jpg

The HMCS Fredericton. I love seeing war ships like this. I watched it leave too.

Also seen an old Monte Carlo SS, an AMC Eagle (will be hunting down.) and some Stangs (65, 72 and a Foxbody. Foxbody nearly ran us off the road.) but couldn't get the camera in time.
 
Last edited:
Edited quote:

DKX
I know a normal Mustang ... but with 2010 rear

Where did this go. I was checking and between all the Porsches 911 (yes, Turbo, GT3, GT3RS, Green, Martini stripes, .....) I would find it normal some people still like to see a "Normal" Mustang and post it here.

Hell this is what I liked from going shopping last night:

Peugeot 504
4577851361_6b508aaafb_m.jpg


Saab
4577851227_2aae4126aa_b.jpg


VW Beatle
4578482864_7964aa3aef_b.jpg

4578482736_c1b6ab96c2_b.jpg


VW Golf R32
4577850991_251555a134_b.jpg


Mini Cooper
4577850895_7bef079800_m.jpg


===============

Edit:

Welcome to the Jungle for the orange beast, I like it!
 
Last edited:
Edited quote:



Where did this go. I was checking and between all the Porsches 911 (yes, Turbo, GT3, GT3RS, Green, Martini stripes, .....) I would find it normal some people still like to see a "Normal" Mustang and post it here.

I removed it so I didn't get people going "Oh wow, a Mustang. So common. I'll put it back though. :P
 
So some other stuff from today, did not even get back to the week-end yet:

Going back to work at lunch:

Bentley Turbo R:
4579286636_59e7207c9e_b.jpg

4578657651_58e697c8a6_b.jpg


Always good for a bright moment a green Ford Focus RS:
4578658257_9fedd37122_b.jpg


No clue what the AMG indicator on this one is, a Mercedes E30 with AMG exteriour or interiour?
4578660325_37768f402d_b.jpg


Going home after work, driving a different route to get bread:

A Nissan Z350 in the colour I saw it the first time, with very weird emergency repair.
4579285230_4b0d75b652_b.jpg


A BMW Z3 M-roadster
4578659239_0dfc61d813_b.jpg

4579286292_3e7b05ac77_b.jpg


Might be the white Maserati GranTurismo I got 2 weeks ago:
4578657973_d125ea236e_b.jpg
 
Your pics are great Vince. Luxembourg looks like a very interesting place for spotting cars. Your GranTurismo is the 'S' version. Sound so good don't they?!
 
I don't know if you guys just missed my last post or if none of you found it less shocking than I did. A mid 2000's SLK Merc delivering pizzas with a the papa johns magnetic topper stuck to the top of it.....that made me sick when I seen it. Is that not shocking!? Disheartening? Its like seeing this 1970 Nova not too far from me that the people won't sell ( I asked them 11 years ago ) and they have it parked in the rear of the yard right under a tree, and now there is a tree branch that has fell 90% of the way off the tree that is laying on top of the car:( It has been sitting there with the tree branch laying on it for 2 years now, if you are going to let a fine piece of history just destroy its self then at least sell it and let someone else who appreciates it restore it and save its life! I am asking again as soon as I have about 2k in my pocket in case they say yes this time!
 
I don't know if you guys just missed my last post or if none of you found it less shocking than I did. A mid 2000's SLK Merc delivering pizzas with a the papa johns magnetic topper stuck to the top of it.....that made me sick when I seen it. Is that not shocking!? Disheartening? Its like seeing this 1970 Nova not too far from me that the people won't sell ( I asked them 11 years ago ) and they have it parked in the rear of the yard right under a tree, and now there is a tree branch that has fell 90% of the way off the tree that is laying on top of the car:( It has been sitting there with the tree branch laying on it for 2 years now, if you are going to let a fine piece of history just destroy its self then at least sell it and let someone else who appreciates it restore it and save its life! I am asking again as soon as I have about 2k in my pocket in case they say yes this time!


It's not uninteresting, it just lacks pics. As for that Nova, I'd apreciate some pictures (:

Vince, interesting stuff, the Bentley turbo R is the star. you dont see those.
 
It's not uninteresting, it just lacks pics. As for that Nova, I'd apreciate some pictures (:

Vince, interesting stuff, the Bentley turbo R is the star. you dont see those.

I can get a pick of the Nova for sure, can try tomorrow:tup: As far as the SLK, it was driving past me going down the road so whipping out my cell and getting it into camera mode before it passed wasn't happening, thats just silly to be doing that in a car like that. And if you can afford that car why would you be delivering pizzas!?
 
As far as the SLK, ... And if you can afford that car why would you be delivering pizzas!?

Reminds me of this one I posted in the Aston Martin Fans social section:

Adverts on an Aston Martin Vantage on the public road???
What were you thinking dude!! Rent a bill board, please.
 
Most people see a car just as a car, where us we see it more, sort of like art. And the 2010 M3 I seen that same trip I seen that SLK was pure art, those were some nice body lines for sure!
 
Reminds me of this one I posted in the Aston Martin Fans social section:

Adverts on an Aston Martin Vantage on the public road???
What were you thinking dude!! Rent a bill board, please.
You have a larger shot? I'm pretty sure I've seen that being the logo for an exotic car rental.
 
Back