Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,400 views
Another freakishly nice day...

360, not the one from last week, which was a Spider
360jz.jpg


bad shots.... DB9?
aston1.jpg

aston2k.jpg


'60 T-bird... see how much bigger it is that the '57 I posted last week? I like the 1st gen much better, it was designed to compete with the Corvette.
60tbird.jpg
 
I wish I could post to this thread more, but things have been changing around here and I can't get out on the road as much. My camera body is also metering aaaalll over the map and I'm not getting any sharpness from my cheapo 50mm f/1.8.

Anyways here's a couple from today's commute that I figured I'd share. Very Cano-esque post...

a7noe.jpg


XR6j9.jpg
 
Yes, got dammit. I'd daily-rock that Buick land yatch in a second.
 
This past weekend I went on a mountain run with some friends. We stopped in the local town where all the cars/bikes pass through. Parked right next to this baby:




It's a "Super Lightweight Coupe". Per the owner it's sold in a kit and you assemble it yourself. Powered by an LS7 (C6 Z06 Engine) producing 625hp.

EDIT: Correction, it is a "Superlite Coupe". I was just going off memory. After doing some research, complete kits start at $44k. Not too shabby.
 
Last edited:
^ Well, that's not something you see every day now is it?! Amazing...

exigeracer, blur or no blur your fantastic photos are sorely missed. Good to see you posting again!

Goddin, you're spot on with your Aston ID, it's a DB9 for sure.
 
Something quite rare yet not too expensive:
sdfi54.jpg

Lupo GTi
 
Wow, that is Top Gear's choice for most beautiful car ever.
 
I saw a bel air next to LIDL

Legen....wait for it ... DARY !!! :lol:
 
Wow, that is Top Gear's choice for most beautiful car ever.

No surprise if someone asked me.
Even Enzo Ferrari himself said it's the most beautiful car ever made.
 
Wasn't trying today, but still found a few goodies. 80 degrees, unbelievable.

old Chevy
chevy1od.jpg

chevy2d.jpg


Mitsubishi? Looks more like a Probe... anybody know what this is?
mitsunz.jpg


Roush 427R, my first!
427rg.jpg


SL55 AMG
sl55.jpg


and what the heck is this???
wthbp.jpg


968
968ss.jpg


bus!
busr.jpg
 
and what the heck is this???
wthbp.jpg

This looks a lot like a Warszawa! (but I'm 90% sure this one is modified) One of cars made by Polish brand FSO. It's getting hard to see one of those even here in Poland these days, nice spot!

Also, I was told that Warszawas are exact ripoffs of some Russian cars, but I can't for hell remind which one.
 
Last edited:
Looks like some kind of Morris Minor pickup variant, Jeff.
 
It did look kind of like the Warszawa, but now that you bring up the Minor, yeah, it's definitely a Morris Minor. The wikipedia page even has a photo of a 1960 NA pickup version which looks spot on, though this one of course has been heavily modified in the rear.
 
you're all over the place, people. Lets see:

Wasn't trying today, but still found a few goodies. 80 degrees, unbelievable.

Roush 427R, my first!

Not even near, that's a regular Mustang with some stickers.

and what the heck is this???

A poor cut up Morris. A "custom pick up" if you want to be kind to it.


1965 Ford Econoline. Cool.
 
Last edited:
I know no one will believe this but that's my next door neighbours car! Wow..... freaky

Ha, cool. I believe you, I was in Scotland (Ayr) when I saw it. :cool:

He seemed to be having some sort of problem getting the engine started, but it got going after a few failed attempts.
 
Some pretty good stuff today

Murcialargo with big orange wheels! Sorry for te bad pic.
991729bf.jpg


Impreza WRX STI
4bcbad13.jpg


M3
ce15b875.jpg
 
Can't believe I fumbled at every single photo :grumpy: although the first 2 were pretty far away.

C63 AMG
c63am.jpg

Elise
elisepx.jpg

S63 AMG
s63am.jpg

R5 Turbo
r5tf.jpg
 
Wow! That 5 is utterly stupendous. I'd love to see and hear one of them over here one day...
 
Shoebox

IMG_0005-10.jpg


Old Truck

IMG_0009-7.jpg


Buick Turbo. I like these.

IMG_0010-5.jpg


Electra

IMG_0026-2.jpg


Focus ST

IMG_0027-3.jpg
 
I have seen something good, but it's not a car..

551958_350761161631967_100000942581546_941889_1090360559_n.jpg


It said 'George Town' on the back and it's still under construction. It's made for George Clooney..
(Boats like this one are pretty rare here, usually Dutch people don't have enough money(1,25 milion € per metre) for such a big yacht.. But we are good in building 'm!)
 
Never knew a boat could be pretty! Nice looking thing, with a high price..
 
Back