Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,723 comments
  • 3,784,830 views
That ragtop DS is the real deal. Butt ugly, pretty rare.

If it indeed is real (I've never seen one of course, so I wouldn't know how to tell a fake one) it is an incredibly rare car, and awesome too. 60s french chic at it's best.
 
If it indeed is real (I've never seen one of course, so I wouldn't know how to tell a fake one) it is an incredibly rare car, and awesome too. 60s french chic at it's best.

You'd have exploded at the Citroen show I went to a few weeks back. Must have been half a dozen DS convertibles, at least (gallery here).

Also, you'll like this post of mine from a few years back ;)
 
Crash
Cardiff

Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9
IMG_1455.jpg
Very similar to mine, except this one is only one shade of red, as opposed to several.

Also, how did you manage to spot a V12 Vantage in just a few days spent in Edinburgh, but I have never seen it? :lol:
 
You'd have exploded at the Citroen show I went to a few weeks back. Must have been half a dozen DS convertibles, at least (gallery here).

Also, you'll like this post of mine from a few years back ;)

Yes, I clearly remember your post of a few years aback. In fact I recall that one bein' the only other DS ragtop ever posted here.
 
Very similar to mine, except this one is only one shade of red, as opposed to several.

Also, how did you manage to spot a V12 Vantage in just a few days spent in Edinburgh, but I have never seen it? :lol:

I really like those Peugeots. They are exactly what I imagine a hot hatch would be. I bought a little model of it at the Peugeot store and I'm putting it on my desk at work. 👍

I saw the V12 Vantage while eating a deep fried Mars bar near the place you recommended me. That area (near Bellevue circle) looked pretty posh. I also saw a new F10 M5 near there a little later, but I wasn't able to take a picture of that.
 
I actually thought I'd never see one of those in Poland. Chrysler/Plymouth Prowler '02:

IMG_3155_zpsd49b23bf.jpg
 
Yes, I clearly remember your post of a few years aback. In fact I recall that one bein' the only other DS ragtop ever posted here.

There is a Citroen nut in my town who has 2. One in perfect condition, the other needs a lot of love. But both never come outside to play. Instead he only drives his SM's. When I'm in the neighbourhood I will snatch some pretty pictures of that rare stuff.
 
uh yeh, I'll enjoy that. I dunno why, but I really like Citroens.
 
Havent spotted this one today, but last weekend while driving with my R33 GTR.
this is it:
DSC_00052-kopie.jpg


at first i didnt knew what it was, the front end looked pretty simular to a Nissan Fairlady 2000, but this thing is much bigger. so i quickly grabbed the camera that was laying on the passenger seat, put it on the steering wheel and shot some automatic pics wich turned out pretty good.

at home i checked the license plate and after some research on the internet i found out that this thing is pretty damn rare :D

It's a 1965 Lancia Flaminia Supersport Zagato, only 150 of them were made back in the day!
fitted with a 2,8L V6

Also spotted an old van, too bad i didnt had a camera with me when i saw it, but i did wrote down the license plate, it was a 1955 Renault juvaquatre Fourgonette ! never saw one of those before!

someone else did spot this exact same van though, so here it is:

6417908703_58f03bee1c_b.jpg


wich i found on http://weblog.volkswouter.nl/tag/bestelwagen/
 
Last edited:
Norton gives me a warning on that webpage you linked Gt4. Might be a false +, just saying...

Truck is nice, in my cousin garage is a old Citroen truck from the 40-50s. I will go now take a pic as I need to go get my Audi back
 
Awesome spots both, but the Lancia takes the cake, the car is indeed very, very rare, and as an avid Zagato fanboy I must thumb-up it. 👍
 
Awesome spots both, but the Lancia takes the cake, the car is indeed very, very rare, and as an avid Zagato fanboy I must thumb-up it. 👍

yeah, I was thinking that was very awesome, too, even though it would be even more awesome on our side of the Atlantic!
 
Probably my best week in Alderley Edge / Wilmslow so far!

I missed a Koenigsegg, pretty gutted about that, but there were some amazing cars out today!

First of all is my first GT-86! Wow it looks good! There is some old Ferrari behind it too, 355 I think?

8012995092_c2750fac8f_b.jpg


Second, on the same road, I managed to get a 3 car combo! A Rolls, a 360 and a GT-R in the background, this was on the same road, just further down.

8012991260_d9012a433c_b.jpg


After this sighting, I went further up the road, and there was an old model Gallardo. Looked pretty good.

8012989746_a703d00a15_b.jpg


Followed by a Murcie!

8012989390_dca3329654_b.jpg


Then, another Rolls...

8012989080_5c66dfc313_b.jpg


A DBS, you know I've seen over 15 black ones? Be colourful people!

8012989805_b0639046ce_b.jpg


A lot of Ferrari cars to post now! Here is a 458, these seem to be very common now, I'm starting to get bored of them.

8012987735_c91f5b1132_b.jpg


An F430, love them!

8012986459_5da3c0755f_b.jpg


599 Number 1.

8012993236_67767ae2b8_b.jpg


599 Number 2.

8012981109_f5b335be2b_b.jpg

8012980525_294330e2ce_b.jpg


Performante! The green Superleggera was parked in this very Bus Stop a few visits ago.

8012990561_8bd2b7cb66_b.jpg


A BAC Mono! How many of these have been built now?

8012988347_c8775144b3_b.jpg


And to conclude the day, an SLR McLaren! I believe this one is from London.

8012988051_a45be86289_b.jpg


I remember when Supercars were rare.

:D
 
Looks like it would be a Proton Pickup, qualifier for least cool ute ever?
 
Weird plate for a 911.
 
ilikewaffles11
Nothing is showing up for me.

Nor me, I'm on my phone though.

Edit: opened the thread up in Safari and its a 996 Carrera Cabriolet with the plate reading "THE924" - probably owned a nice 924 before his 911?

Edit 2: F1 has fixed it. :)
 
Last edited:
M3 and a race modded 3-series.
 
Found this guy parked across the street Downtown last night, just idling, waiting for someone. As far as limousines go, this one doesn't look awkward or over-stretched at all.

2012-09-22204907_zpsc89063fd.jpg
 
The race mod is also a M3. 3246 cm³. 252 kW.
Ah ok, the site I used just said 3-series.

Edit: forgot to check all of the details, you're right.
 
Back