Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,589 comments
More shots of the 599. Couldn't get a front shot.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Need help with this one. Big money up the street got some classic in one garage and lambo in the other.

That's an Auburn Boattail! Most likely an 851. If it's real(they're highly replicated) it's worth upwards of 300k depending on condition. You should go up to the owner, ask questions and take more pictures!

so, my car got killed last Sunday the 10th...
The end of a Z... by spotterjeff, on Flickr

but I got super lucky and got this with $250 left from the insurance check!!!
nissan 300zx z31 1985 my new car front by spotterjeff, on Flickr

nissan 300zx z31 1985 my new car rear by spotterjeff, on Flickr

running around looking at potential replacement candidates I happened to spot a few cars, too
chevy impala 1960s hoodless blown by spotterjeff, on Flickr

buick 1955 or so by spotterjeff, on Flickr

route 66 delivery van hot rod by spotterjeff, on Flickr

maserati quattroporte 1st gen by spotterjeff, on Flickr

mopar something 1970 or so by spotterjeff, on Flickr

ford model a roadster 1931 by spotterjeff, on Flickr

one of the other candidates, very reasonable $3k asking price, 1988 GTU, a few trim bits having trouble but overall great shape, still for sale if anybody's interested
mazda rx7 gtu 1988 front by spotterjeff, on Flickr

mg td by spotterjeff, on Flickr

spycam!
dodge viper spycam by spotterjeff, on Flickr

aston v8 vantage s black front by spotterjeff, on Flickr

chevy coupe 1954 or so by spotterjeff, on Flickr

Sucks to hear about your old Z! I'm glad you could find another one, and that one looks to be in good shape too.

my most mindblowing spot in a while, because in my neighborhood!!! only ever see muscle cars here!
rolls royce ghost in my hood by spotterjeff, on Flickr

nice trees!
ferrari 458 spider mercedes sl63 maserati grancabrio spycam by spotterjeff, on Flickr

this was a 20-footer, but at 20 feet, wow!
jaguar e-type coupe white by spotterjeff, on Flickr

dat glare tho...
maserati quattroporte 1st gen burgundy and bentley continental gt dat glare tho by spotterjeff, on Flickr

lotus elise chartreuse by spotterjeff, on Flickr

bmw m5 f10 black by spotterjeff, on Flickr

jaguar f-type s gray by spotterjeff, on Flickr

pontiac gto stacked lamps black by spotterjeff, on Flickr

bentley continental flying spur black pa plates by spotterjeff, on Flickr

nurb?
mercedes e63 amg silver pa plates nurb sticker by spotterjeff, on Flickr

bmw z3 m blue by spotterjeff, on Flickr

mercedes s63 amg silver by spotterjeff, on Flickr

tuned by COBB ST? sounded nice...
ford focus st tuned by cobb by spotterjeff, on Flickr

maserati grancabrio by spotterjeff, on Flickr

audi tt-s burnt orange by spotterjeff, on Flickr

bentley continental flying spur black il plates by spotterjeff, on Flickr

ford f650 supertruck action by spotterjeff, on Flickr

got to pull up alongside these guy to ask, because I wasn't sure an Escalade EXT-V was a real thing, they said it was, but research is proving difficult... anybody know anything about these?
cadillac excalade ext v by spotterjeff, on Flickr

a different Viper from yesterday, other side of town
dodge viper MPR MUSL by spotterjeff, on Flickr

nissan gt-r r35 silver fmt by spotterjeff, on Flickr

if only this shot were a little sharper, I really like the composition otherwise...
bmw m6 e63 twisty road ahead by spotterjeff, on Flickr

Model a of some sort?
ford model a i guess by spotterjeff, on Flickr

ford mustang soft top 1969 by spotterjeff, on Flickr

and the GTO's little brother, oddly later but in the same lot
pontiac lemans convertible 1966 by spotterjeff, on Flickr

dang these are small!
austin-healey sprite yellow by spotterjeff, on Flickr

getting late so more blur...
maserati spyder silver by spotterjeff, on Flickr

and to end the day, always nice to see a Murci!
lamborghini murcielago my murci by spotterjeff, on Flickr

@playnthru is that a Santa Ynez rally sticker on the Merc?

and @Doog, yeah I was highly skeptical, the driver was like, yeah, it's real, it was an experimental thing they were trying, the engine is different...

I've been seeing lots and lots of good sets of wheels yet I seem to be in complicated conditions. A SQ5, a Bentley, the 1M, a E39 M5, a Lumma CLR600, the list is endless, yet I got these two together (I have my doubts about the first one)

Renault Clio R.S 200 Red Bull Racing Edition by daemoniorum2, on Flickr

Renault Clio R.S 200 Red Bull Racing Edition by daemoniorum2, on Flickr

Renault Megane R.S 265 Red Bull Racing Edition by daemoniorum2, on Flickr

Renault Megane R.S 265 Red Bull Racing Edition by daemoniorum2, on Flickr

Last edited:
Informal car meets go there? Well, I guess my previous posts aren't eligible then.

There are definitely some gray areas of what goes here and what goes in the other thread, but the rule should be, if you didn't know you were going to see it, and you get that "wild spot" feeling, and you think the rest of us may be able to share that feeling if you post it here, then it goes here. If you knew there was going to be a meetup, while still great to see, it doesn't have the same punch as spotting something unexpectedly in the wild, and goes in the other thread.

Dagger's above spot of the 15 Chevies is a good illustration. I'm sure he didn't expect to see it, it's not obviously a car show with a bunch of guys sitting in lawn chairs behind their cars, and I think most of us here would agree that's a valid wild spot/mega spot. Plus it helps that he didn't go through and take photos of each and every car and post them, that would get a bit boring, while the single group shot is pretty cool.

Okay then.
Also, are my previous Sunday photos violating the rules?

I never got the feeling they were over the line... I spot a lot at places where I expect to see good cars like country clubs and mall/restaurant valets, and while not as exciting as, for example, seeing the Ghost in my neighborhood yesterday, which is totally unexpected, you're still not sure you're going to see anything... Those previous photos all had that feeling to me. It also helps when you don't have a bunch of other people in your photos standing around with cameras waiting for the cars to drive past...

So, that's a yes. That means I wasted everyone's bandwidth by loading my photo dumps.

Time to go back to "going home from school" spots.

image.jpg

From my holidays:

Rolls Royce Ghost in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Porsche Panamera in Phnom Penh (the one behind makes it look like a workshop or dealer, no signs or anything though)
IMG_20140721_105905577_zps684a42c8.jpg

S-Class in Phnom Penh. Big Mercs, BMW 7 Series', Range Rovers etc. were actually quite common there but the contrast with the abject poverty was very striking.

Rolls Royce Phantom in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Back