Difference Between the cars

• Thread starter OwsyF1
  • 5 comments
Hi anyone got any strong views on the differences between the ferrari, renault and mclaren in the game is therea significant difference speed wise?

I have no scientific evidence but I'm under the impression that the Renault and the Ferrari are on equal standing and the McLaren is a slightly slower team.

The Ferrari is definitely the fastest car and has the fastest top speed, but the Renault is probably slightly more consistent - more easy to drive. The McLaren is slightly less responsive than both and is slower. If you want to see for yourself how much faster the Ferrari is than the Renault in terms of top speed then you should do a time trial session at Monza with both cars and run low downforce.

do a time trial session at Monza with both cars and run low downforce.
My suggestion would be to run the same downforce on both cars but not the fastest. That should give an indication of the difference as well but one wouldn't have to wait for the speed to gradually build all the way until braking. If one max out say 2 seconds before braking one will have time to actually check the difference. And run with driver view in such case because then there will be a numerical value of the speed, not a graph where it is hard to tell the difference.

My suggestion would be to run the same downforce on both cars but not the fastest. That should give an indication of the difference as well but one wouldn't have to wait for the speed to gradually build all the way until braking. If one max out say 2 seconds before braking one will have time to actually check the difference. And run with driver view in such case because then there will be a numerical value of the speed, not a graph where it is hard to tell the difference.

Honestly no need to be that technical, my Monza times are about 1.5 secs slower in a Renault.

Hi all thank you very much for the advice/opinions! Sort of confirmed what I had concluded, my feeling was the ferrari was the most powerful but the renault is better (or easier) handling and the Mclaren was slower than both of them. I do think the Mclaren handles really nicely though I use it everywhere for time trial except the real power tracks!

Back