Digital-Nitrate Lists/Info Links

I expect he was given many 'N/A' reps that don't give you any reputation points.

I don't believe that's true.
If Duke, for example, were to give you +rep, but declined adding a comment, it'd appear as N/A, but with a green dot, indicating that you'd been given the rep points that he is worth. I'm sure I have N/A reps with green dots.
It's only new folks that haven't got the requisite number of posts that give grey dots, and they can give them with or without a comment. I have a few grey dot reps with comments, and some with N/A. The grey dot just indicates that although their comments, positive or negative, have been taken into account for your overall reputation rating, e.g. somewhat positive or very positive, for an individual post, but they haven't contributed any reputation points to your overall reputation points total.

Correct me if this is wrong. :guilty:

*edit* I'm right, as these pictures show.
rep1io3.jpg
rep2gt6.jpg

He's close. And yes, he's the kind of member that GTP always needs. 👍
I may not be so close as most of my posts have none, and those that do, have mostly gray reps (click to enlarge):

However, as I mentioned before, the lack of rep points wasn’t bothering me… although I am bummed about the cancellation of the set of Ginsu Steak Knives. :( ;)

I just wanted to be sure the info I was sharing was useful for more than a couple people. After seeing a few of my posts only get one or in some cases no comments at all as well as no rep points, I was doubting their significance, but the encouragement you all have shared has definitely made a difference, and I appreciate that, thanks! 👍

I’m glad I decided to sign up with GTP. My experience so far has been a very pleasant surprise, and I have been enjoying reading through many current and past threads. 👍

To be direct, while I have been a huge fan of GT over the years, I have always avoided the internet gaming forums. In my experience, I have found they often attract a large faction of people (both young and old) who use the anonymity of the internet to verbally assault fellow members, and or purposefully mislead others with junk information just for kicks.

My primary interest has always been in Home Theater designs and systems, and even with the popular forums for that market, like AVS (Audio Video Science), and HTF (Home Theater Forum), there are these kind of disingenuous members that have increased dramatically over the years. It has gotten so bad there that despite my ten year association, participation, and contribution of several articles on various HT industry topics, I now very rarely even read, let alone participate on those forums any longer.

I may not be so close as most of my posts have none, and those that do, have mostly gray reps.
I can see how many points you have, and you're more than 67% of the way there. 👍

Home theatre, eh? I'll be hitting you up for advice in the next year or two, hopefully!

My primary interest has always been in Home Theater designs and systems, and even with the popular forums for that market, like AVS (Audio Video Science), and HTF (Home Theater Forum), there are these kind of disingenuous members that have increased dramatically over the years. It has gotten so bad there that despite my ten year association, participation, and contribution of several articles on various HT industry topics, I now very rarely even read, let alone participate on those forums any longer.

God/Mods-Forbid this from happening to GTP :indiff:

Ciao!

I looked back through threads posted on the GT4 message board over the last six months or so and thought it might be nice to list links to many of the ones that are not in the Sticky FAQ thread, but many new, and even old members might find helpful now and for future reference.

I went ahead and added them to the list in the first post, and when I have more time I'll look back further into the "archives" for other such useful threads.

BTW: If anyone knows of threads that you feel should be included that I may have missed, by all means feel free to post the links here.

Thanks.

I appreciate your efforts. I have not had time to use all the information yet as I am just starting on my GT4 quest. The time that I need your information has not yet come, but having just started my quest I understand how much there is to absorb. I have aspergers syndrome and are fearful of using the wrong words or saying the wrong thing, so for now I say a big thank you and that I will use your information.
I have also learned from looking around this forum, who knows their stuff, and who is full of ****. You come in the first category. This is not just sucking up just a statement of fact. Thanks for your efforts.

Latest Posts

Back