DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
Howdy all!

As I've been having a lot of fun creating decals and liveries when I can I figured I would share them here for all to see and grab. I'll keep up a table of contents here with links to the rest of the thread. Note that I just have some basic pictures at this time but will update with some scapes or race photos soon. I'll also pretty up things in here once I'm all moved in.

I figure most of the rest of the world has the replica scene covered so I'll probably stick to original creations for the most part. Right now I am working on a Destiny series of liveries and the associated decals. Not sure I'll be any good (or timely :)) at requests but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Because the in-game search, frankly, sucks, all of my liveries and decals can be found at the links in each post and my sig.

Last edited:
The "ArtCar" M4 was my first attempt with the editor during the demo. I'm not really the artsy type but it came out OK in the end...kinda. :P I actually really like it with just the hood graphics and might put that out there some time.

Search #wild #rainbow #curves or add from the GTS Community.

artcarm4.jpg

Last edited:
The classic GT replica thread inspired me to put the R18 Team Joest livery onto the old quattro Pikes Peak car. Really had to work on the tilt and depth of the fender graphics to get this one to work, which is probably why the preview image looks so bad. Rest assured it looks fine in-game. Go figure there were no OZ wheels to put on it.... :rolleyes:

Search #dbp #teamjoest #nostalgia or add from the GTS Community.

joestquattro.jpg

Last edited:
My first foray into a unique yet "realistic" livery was my SRL FT-1. I wanted something futuristic looking in Group 3 and the Toyota fit the bill better than the Lambo that was my second choice. This was done before the decal uploader so I'll be updating some of the graphics soon.

EDIT: Traced and uploaded the SRL logos and tweaked the green a bit darker with a new paint chip. And the picture works now. :)

Search #destiny #game #srl or add from the GTS Community.

6134465651634373120_23.jpg

Last edited:
This one is one of my favorites so far! After I did the SRL livery I decided to do the three Tower factions as well so I picked more Group 3 cars so that you could in theory end up with all of these liveries in the same race. :D I had originally picked the M6 for Future War Cult but I changed it to the Hyundai after I decided on the Z4 for New Monarchy.

Search #destiny #game #faction or add from the GTS Community.

futurewarcult.jpg

Last edited:
So Dead Orbit being the "space goth", "screw Earth, let's find somewhere else to live" faction, I felt they needed something raw and shouty. The C7 won out for me over the Mustang. Added a few pops of some color from the wheels (the lugs are green) but it's just as monochrome as everything else Dead Orbit.

Search #destiny #game #faction or add from the GTS Community.

deadorbit.jpg

Last edited:
Continuing on the Destiny theme I began hand tracing some of the logos for the various weapon/armor manufacturers. The first one I did was Häkke because it is ridiculously easy! :D The livery is another story though. In Destiny, the Häkke shaders tend to have some kind of digital camo element to them so I tried to recreate that...all by hand. I was a bit skeptical how it would turn out midway through doing it but I think the end result is pretty decent.

Search #dbp #destiny #game or add from the GTS Community.

hakke.jpg

5774265710569062928_0.jpg

5773702754710062616_0.jpg

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday season and got a chance to do some relaxing with friends and family.

I did not do much with GTS over the last few weeks of 2017 but I did find some time to pop in a couple of new livery creations. I'll get back to posting the old stuff but here is some new stuff for the new year!

I put this one on the racing S-FR because it is a little "out there" as was the Zaku when I first saw it. Started out as trying to turn it into a Zaku and became what you see here. I do wish that decals would wrap better around body panels like the rear quarters onto the rear bumper but it works for now.

Search #gundam #anime #itasha or add from the GTS Community.

4756443403110055936_23.jpg

4837460912963061260_0.jpg

4683771171258238476_0.jpg

4683775577760466444_0.jpg

Last edited:
Getting back to Destiny, this one is based off the sparrow of the same name. Took one look at it in my inventory and thought it would transfer very well to a car. The red chrome is even near-as-makes-no-difference identical. :D I went racing with it at Dragon Trail and promptly got bounced into the wall of the chicane, which I have thus taken to calling "Forklift". If you chuckled, you've done sparrow racing at the Cosmodrome. :lol:

Search #dbp #destiny #game or add from the GTS Community.

5845752591574664728_23.jpg

This one is based off the emblem of the same name, "Telstar Graphics", in Destiny 2. I consider this my lucky livery as I have had pole, race win and fastest lap in every race I have entered in with it! :D Yes, even against Meganes and Sciroccos pre-BoP adjustment. Couldn't hurt to try your luck! I went with real world sponsors this time as they just seemed to flow better with the look. The Telstar logo decal is shared as well.

Search #destiny #game #emblem or add from the GTS Community.

5774275544423105552_23.jpg

Back with more simple but hopefully awesome liveries! Now that some folks have shared their Sword Art Online decals I jumped at the chance to use them on my own creations!

I love this Silica set from valdemar_tana (I think that's spelled right). It's 6 decals all on it's own and takes some messing with to line up properly, even with the registration marks, but it is amazing! My 911 may not be as good as the Cayman I saw it on but now I have a set for those manufacturer races!

Search #anime #sao #silica or add from the GTS Community.

7350529903040693256_23.jpg

4684377011291980804_0.jpg

4837499389363650564_0.jpg

4692825649515102212_0.jpg

This one I made out of need to put something interesting on the car for the weekly WRS TT. I experimented with some dirt/dust effects but I'm not real happy with the paint color, or rather the finish. Hoping we see a matte olive color in the exchange soon so I can update it.

Search #anime #sao #sinon or add from the GTS Community.

7349963654669829648_23.jpg

5990382408983118364_0.jpg

5836692682242524700_0.jpg

4612275425597489680_0.jpg

I plan to tweak the character decals on this one later once something appropriate is available or I get my SVG skills up to snuff. I want to have both Kirito and Asuna on the side and I'm not crazy about the one on the hood but I definitely like where it is at currently.

Search #anime #sao #swordartonline or add from the GTS Community.

8071115747664889360_23.jpg

EDIT: Found another awesome decal by valedmer_tana and made v2. Not shared yet...waiting for a good Kirito decal to show up or to finish my own. It's slow progress. :)

4980985663849529356_0.jpg

EDIT AGAIN: Finally finished it! This has been a looong time coming. This was one of the first liveries I ever started when I got the game. I'd gone through several different iterations and I was super picky about the decals on it. Tried to create my own but ultimately ended up waiting a long time for someone to create a good Kirito decal. Hopefully the result it worth it. The previously shared version is still available. I will probably just leave it alone. :)

Search #anime #sao or add from the GTS Community.

8367711268351542785_23.jpg

Last edited:
When I sign with a manufacturer for the FIA races the first thing I do is take the borrowed cars over to the livery editor and dump my personal livery on them. It's pretty much the same across everything as far as the decals go but the black top takes a while to find the right way to go on some cars, especially the ones with big sweeping curves. Sometimes the decals just don't want to play nice. :)

All of these are shared and searchable with the #dbp tag. Links to the GTS Community are included. What follows is everything I have done so far on the various Gr.3 and 4 cars starting with....

audi.png

TT Cup

R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT)

Last edited:
This car needs no intro if you are a Vette enthusiast, maybe even if you're not either. The XP-755, better known as the "Mako Shark" is one of the better known concepts ever created. This is my take.

Search #makoshark #concept #shinoda or add from the GTS Community.

8223674079558762520_23.jpg

4755903529958245384_0.jpg

I love the Minions. If you're not familiar they are the tiny yellow dudes from the Despicable Me series of movies and they are funny as hell. Since I feel the same about the kart...why not? This was something I did right after release as soon as I got my kart so everything is done with default shapes and decals. Thinking of doing a v3 with a custom minion decal and some of the fluorescent paints. Will get more pics soon as these default ones don't really do it justice.

Search #minion #tongue or add from the GTS Community.

5846332027682456072_23.jpg

Search #dbp #banana #minion or add from the GTS Community.

7205857273901514752_23.jpg

Living near Chicago I'm pretty lucky that we are a big market for the major pro sports leagues. With a pro team for basketball, (American) football, hockey, soccer (football) and 2 baseball teams there's no shortage of fan opportunity. I've been into hockey since floor hockey in grade school gym class and naturally a Blackhawks fan. I was a fan before they started winning again...back in the days of Belfour, Roenick and Chelios when they weren't televised or winning Stanley Cups with Towes and Kane. Good times even listen on the radio to a bad team. :)

Search #nhl #chicago #blackhawks or add from the GTS Community.

4972541339379959304_23.jpg

Back