DIRT 5: General Discussion

Is this game dead? I bought some edition before Year 1 existed (pre-order) and thought it's for long time. Any new DLCs?

Is this game dead? I bought some edition before Year 1 existed (pre-order) and thought it's for long time. Any new DLCs?
The marketing for the upgraded version has been "year 1" since the game released. Not sure what the terminology was on it before that, but I don't recall promises of any content outside what came with year 1 or whatever label they slapped on the preorder version.

The marketing for the upgraded version has been "year 1" since the game released. Not sure what the terminology was on it before that, but I don't recall promises of any content outside what came with year 1 or whatever label they slapped on the preorder version.
I bought normal version with some pass (something like ultimate?) and after release they created Year 1 edition. And after some time my version changed too. Don't know why but I have a feeling year 1 is the last one. :D

VRR is nice but I played whole career on Xbox with it already. PS version is good because of DS. I will test it ASAP. I love games with 120 FPS and that's the reason I support CM. Grid and F1 :sly:

Would someone care to explain what the game Dirt is before I invest in it. I researched about this a few weeks ago but what are your opinions on the franchise? Is it worth buying or not?

VRR is nice but I played whole career on Xbox with it already. PS version is good because of DS. I will test it ASAP. I love games with 120 FPS and that's the reason I support CM. Grid and F1 :sly:
LOL, PS5 can't do VRR on my monitor. Strange is Xbox can do it since release.
Would someone care to explain what the game Dirt is before I invest in it. I researched about this a few weeks ago but what are your opinions on the franchise? Is it worth buying or not?
It's great action racing game. You don't need to be very precise and just enjoy fast racing on dirt. It's rather good dirt physics where you slide a lot. I pre-ordered it and the price was higher than should be but fore current prices it's great. Sad is it's just one year game, I wanted more. CM can do good games but they are rather pricey at release and have short support or are rather small.

You can't find anything similar anywhere else, the game is great and Evolution Studios was part of it.

Interesting view:

Last edited:
I bought normal version with some pass (something like ultimate?) and after release they created Year 1 edition. And after some time my version changed too. Don't know why but I have a feeling year 1 is the last one. :D
Do you think it will be out of date in a year?

Do you think it will be out of date in a year?
I thought I could buy expensive game with long support. Amplified edition looked good. They moved it to Year 1 edition and it looks like one year was last year and DLCs wasn't as good as they could. The game has superb graphics with good physics and deserved much more.

If it's like Grid 2019, Dirt 6 could be much bigger. The question is will anybody trust it?

I thought I could buy expensive game with long support. Amplified edition looked good. They moved it to Year 1 edition and it looks like one year was last year and DLCs wasn't as good as they could. The game has superb graphics with good physics and deserved much more.

If it's like Grid 2019, Dirt 6 could be much bigger. The question is will anybody trust it?
I don't think trust is important here. Because people will play what they like, and if they don't like it, they won't play it. :cheers:

OMG, I played Dirt 5 on Xbox since release and year ago I bought it for PS5 as well. From time to time I play it there and the game is great. It's really good game and we don't have anything similar. It feels even better to me now because I know exactly what it brings. Can recommend to anybody for shorter sessions.

It's really good game and we don't have anything similar.
I'm really happy for you that still enjoy this game. But it's a shame that most people won't spend more than 50h on it. None of the players I follow has more than 70h of play time. The same thing I see happening with Grid Legends. Maybe is just a coincidence and just my friends don't like playing anymore after ending.
Can I ask you what is your play time so far?

I'm really happy for you that still enjoy this game. But it's a shame that most people won't spend more than 50h on it. None of the players I follow has more than 70h of play time. The same thing I see happening with Grid Legends. Maybe is just a coincidence and just my friends don't like playing anymore after ending.
I was rather surprised because I wasn't completely happy with it before. The graphics and action settings is so good. It's still great and 120 FPS on consoles. Most people probably "played" the game on Youtube and then they don't know. I rather buy bad game but being sure about it.

My main problem is Forza Horizon, I have over 1500 hours in H4 and about 400 in H5. These are games competing for my time against Dirt 5. Overall the game is rather good. I don't like Gymkhana or autocross with weird gravity. 90s rally racing is amazing. We even have garage with cars and you can check them, I love that, it's like Forzavista.

I need to dig the numbers first but it shouldn't be high. I did almost all races with all DLCs. Not much Gymkhana or bad gravity car.

Got it free, and so far it’s good for a FREE game.
I paid $60 for it at release but free is still probably a bit much for it.
I installed the game again and wow it's still great! It's sad it's rather dead now.
I was there on day one and for some weeks following and it wasn't great then so I'm not sure how it can "still" be great. Maybe they waited until I finished and moved on to make it great.
Would someone care to explain what the game Dirt is before I invest in it. I researched about this a few weeks ago but what are your opinions on the franchise? Is it worth buying o
DiRT doesn't know what DiRT is. The developers talked like they were taking DiRT back to its roots, and players fell for it and talked like they were taking DiRT back to its roots, but that was a huge lie.

DiRT goes back to before being called "DiRT", when it started as Colin McRae Rally. There were several Colin McRae Rally games before it became Colin McRae: DiRT. That first DiRT game was still a largely serious game with plenty of rally racing plus some other dirt type events. It wasn't ramping through flaming hoops, fireworks, and Gymkhana, but serious offroad racing. This is DiRT's roots. DiRT 2 and more so DiRT 3 increasingly deviated from this in favor of X Games sorts of action. By DiRT 3 they started doing lame Gymkhana stuff, not as a side mode but incorporated into the main career progression. I refused to carry on with the series if it continued down that route, and insisted it should instead be its own game.

That's what they then did. They created DiRT Showdown, and I avoided it. Showdown was silly nonsense. Then came DiRT Rally, and it was a serious, proper rally game. Awesome. Then DiRT 4 was like a more friendly version of DiRT Rally - proper rally racing but more forgiving. Sweet. Then we got DiRT Rally 2.0. Awesome.

Then we got DiRT 5, which was a complete 180. There wasn't a single real-world motorsport in it. DiRT 5 never heard of rally or even rallycross. It's just cars splattered in vulgar colors like Screaming Green, Electric Lemon, Neon Pink, or Atomic Purple, car-shaped objects going fast in dirt settings, and doofuses from Donut Media inanely rambling without ever saying anything meaningful. I turned the voice volume down so I didn't lose any more brain cells from listening to their mindless drivel any longer. It was also a buggy trainwreck.
It's great action racing game. You don't need to be very precise and just enjoy fast racing on dirt. It's rather good dirt physics where you slide a lot. I pre-ordered it and the price was higher than should be but fore current prices it's great. Sad is it's just one year game, I wanted more. CM can do good games but they are rather pricey at release and have short support or are rather small.

You can't find anything similar anywhere else, the game is great and Evolution Studios was part of it.

OMG, I played Dirt 5 on Xbox since release and year ago I bought it for PS5 as well. From time to time I play it there and the game is great. It's really good game and we don't have anything similar. It feels even better to me now because I know exactly what it brings. Can recommend to anybody for shorter sessions.
This is all overly generous praise that the game didn't deserve. I have been a long-time fan of the franchise but I enjoyed DiRT 5 least of all. I finished it, but for the sake of doing so rather than out of any major enjoyment from it. It's not awful but it was far from great. After trudging through some bugs, one in particular making the game literally unplayable until I found my own work-around, I found it to be adequate.
I had 42 hours in it, and that was more than generous. That was enough to complete all the career events and mess around quite a bit making my own playgrounds. Had I not spent so much time making playgrounds I'd probably have far less than 42 hours into it. There's no sane reason to spend 50+ hours with it.

I thought Dirt 5 was terrible, a real let down for the series. I liked every game upto this point. It's just so bland and boring. I liked Dirt 4 but as mentioned it was Dirt Rally 'light'. What I was really yearning for was a decent follow up to Dirt 2 - the pinnacle of the series imo.

Im thinking of picking this up now its "dirt" cheap will help fill the time while I wait for GT7 to fill up with content ( might take a year for that eww). I have very low expectations, but if its had its full update cycle there should be some fun to be had (hopefully its reminiscent of the old Dirt showdown).

Last edited:
I thought Dirt 5 was terrible, a real let down for the series. I liked every game upto this point. It's just so bland and boring. I liked Dirt 4 but as mentioned it was Dirt Rally 'light'. What I was really yearning for was a decent follow up to Dirt 2 - the pinnacle of the series imo.
If they remastered Dirt 2 and the original Race Driver Grid I would buy them in a heartbeat. It really seems like Codies have no idea why those games were so good.

If they remastered Dirt 2 and the original Race Driver Grid I would buy them in a heartbeat. It really seems like Codies have no idea why those games were so good.
Yes, it's like they struck gold then lost all memory of it, although I really like Grid Autosport as well.

Since I still have plenty of room left in my PS5, I reinstalled DiRT 5. It looks like this game was one of those that are enhanced for the console, which is a plus. Bought all the DLC's as well.

It's fun for passing the time while waiting for new GT7 updates :)

Might give GRID a shot too.

I have an issue with dirt 5 on pc and my ts-pc. The steering axis is greyed out in settings and sure enough I have no steering.

Back