DiRT 5 - Rally Raid, please Codemasters

• Thread starter TheHun99
  • 5 comments
United States
PA
attilag78
TheHun99
I recently bought both DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 for my Xbox One for cheap. After trying out both it’s clear that DiRT 4 is more my game, I’m not good enough for DiRT Rally, hence I’m not gonna pick up 2.0 anytime soon. I absolutely applaud and appreciate Codemasters bringing it on as a more realistic game is great to have but I have no issues acknowledging that it’s not my game really, just like Gymkhana isn’t my game either.

For a nub like me the DiRT 4 handling model is great, I particularly enjoy rallycross which is perfect fit for the numbered DiRTs. Now, I do miss one category that has been in DiRT-DiRT 3 in various numbers: the rally raid prototypes (those T3 - or T1??? - machines). Back in the late 80’s, early 90’s when I was a wee little boy, Paris-Dakar was probably – at least from my perspective – at its peak. I remember watching the daily 30 minute (including ads) Eurosport summary and basically having no idea what they were talking about as I didn’t speak English at that time LOL Anyway, those cars are burnt into my memory (along with some touring cars but that’s a different topic) and I would love to race them on the RX or landrush stages, maybe even on the rally stages.

So, here’s the list I’d like Codemasters to add in DiRT 5 from that era:
  • Porsche 959 (1986)
  • Peugeot 405 T16 (1989-1990)
  • Citroen ZX (1991-1996)
  • Mitsubishi Pajero T3, both the versions from ‘92/’93 and the ‘95/’96 Evo (1992-1996)
Ultimate bonus: Peterhansel's Yamaha YZE 850 T (I know this isn't a bike game but come on, those blue Yamahas looked dope).

My personal favorites are the Pajeros but I won’t judge anyone not liking them :)

Pajero_T3_1993.jpg

Pajero_T3_Evo.jpg

Yamaha-YZE-0WD8-Dakar-1993-FD95-02.jpg

As said at the Codies forum, please check out Dakar '18. You could be in for a nice surprise. There is plenty of info to be found here:

Thanks! I was reading upon it but it seems Dakar '18 is really the game of the latest Dakar. Thing is I'm not as interested in rally raid - I do appreciate it but I'm not really into playing such a navigation game, I just wanna drive those cars. Plus, after a certain age one apparently becomes nostalgic, hence my interest in those late '80's, early '90's cars :)

I don't know if they would be worthwhile in Dirt. Dirt 1 had that style back on the 360/ps3 but there wasn't enough tracks to really benefit them and they're quite niche.

Try AC modders,some major talent there.PC only though.Also a mod from Dirt Rally that has Dirt 3 cars,again PC only.CM's lost Pikes Peak to GT sport so no 405 unless it's the raid version.In Dakar 18 you don't have to race just go where you feel like after you shut that annoying prick up next to you.

Last edited:
Back