DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I'm looking forward to try DirtFish as I don't have Dirt 4. I've driven the actual RX course in Project CARS 2, but the open mill compound in Dirt looks like good fun too.

I’m not very good at rallycross, but it’s quite fun. Hell is tough...Just experienced it last night.
I see the next engineer for my team is 840k!

I just got around to removing all the aids in DR 2 and it feels like a different game. I can now make the car do what I want it to do for the most part.
Rally cross is another story, having a tough time without aids.

7.6GB downloading now. Should be ready within 1:53 minutes. Let the VR experience begin.
Will come back with my first completely objective response soonish. And if it takes too long then it means I'm enjoying VR and cannot take my goggles off :D

Edit: after playing/testing about one hour I reported via official forum:
VR graphics/performance is not that good unfortunately. Hopefully something on my side? Running DR2.0 Steam version and both SteamVR and Oculus Home opens simultaniously
Massive stuttering mid stage with graphics on mid/high and therefor not playable anymore.
With graphics on low it runs smooth but from a visible point of view it hurts your eyes.

Willing to learn and hopefully I can report back soonish that a certain setting had to be changed?

Last edited:
Road Book, VR is here for PC: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/vr-dirtfish-patch-notes-version-1-7-of-dirt-rally-2-0/

"There are no plans to add PSVR support to DiRT Rally 2.0."

Honestly I'm not surprised. There's no way the original and slim PS4s would be able to run DR2 in VR with the new graphics engine, and if it can't run on those then us PS4 Pro users don't get it either.

Hell I'm even hearing that top notch PCs are having some difficulty with it.

Had a quick blast in VR last night, i7-8700K, 2080Ti, Vive Pro and performance was absolutely terrible. It's unplayable until massive improvements are made.

Edit: Just has a mess about with some more settings and got it somewhat playable on medium settings but I do hope improvements can be made through further optimisation.

Last edited:
DR2_Oculus_Photo_5.jpg

A lot has happened but one thing doesn't change, and that's a new DiRT Roadbook!

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/08/the-dirt-roadbook-august-9-2019/

• VR Recap
  • DirtFish Content
  • Version 1.7
  • New Achievements
  • Estering available on August 13
  • Twitter's ups and downs

Back