DiRT Rally 2.0 Seasons 3 and 4 DLC Announced: More Cars, Rallies and Rallycross

Well that's a bit dissapointing....especially the R5 version would fit the R5 class perfectly and we would have most of the newer R5 cars.

Will there be any update to the career mode with all these new season 1-2-3-4 tracks? Or are we supposed to forget it even exists and make our own championships?

I know that seasons 3&4 have only just launched but how long do you think we will have to wait till they’re discounted? :D Happy to buy them for £10, not so much at £20. :)

DR2_BMW_M2_Competition_3.jpg

I'm watching FIA WRX now (live on YouTube) it's really good now the works teams have left but what's the point in buying the 2019 Dirt Rally DLC. You wouldn't play an F1 game if it came without Vettel's Ferrari so why pay for the DLC if it doesn't have your favourite driver. Hopefully Codemasters can sort out whatever argument they've had with Hyundai and add Timerzyanov's i20 to season 4.

Just realised, taking the S3 and S4 WRX tracks into account, we are soooo close to having every track of a full WRX year in the game.

2019: Only missing Spa Francorchamps
2018: Only missing Circuit of the Americas
2017: Only missing Hockenheim ring
2016: Missing Hockenheim ring & Rosario
2015 & further back: Missing multiple circuits.

But the WRX calendar has some weird changes as of late as well, I’m not blaming Codemasters for not being able to catch up. I still can’t believe Montalegre and the Estering were dropped in 2019. :( Maybe they need the extra audience space of the grand stands but I don’t like this focus of shifting more and more towards the big F1 circuits instead of staying true to the roots of the sport (I miss you Lydden Hill). Thankfully Höljes and Hell are still there.

Yesterday i saw on PSN "Year One Content Pack" with all four seasons. Naming of this hints a little bit Year Two Content. Is this somewhat confirmed? If they are planing to expand this game more it could became one of the biggest rally titles on the market.

Yesterday i saw on PSN "Year One Content Pack" with all four seasons. Naming of this hints a little bit Year Two Content. Is this somewhat confirmed? If they are planing to expand this game more it could became one of the biggest rally titles on the market.

I did not see that confirmed anywhere. I think the chances are thin. But who knowes.

Yes it is expensive, but on the other hand, it is a very good experience. I would buy more of them.

I did not see that confirmed anywhere. I think the chances are thin. But who knowes.

Yes it is expensive, but on the other hand, it is a very good experience. I would buy more of them.

Yeah. I love it too. After Season One and Two I am waiting for some kind of discount to buy 3 and 4.

On the other hand is it better to get another similar Dirt Rally 3.0 with less content? (without Rally and Rally 2 content)
I like idea of expanding existing game. It is great. If Dirt Rally 3.0 is coming i would prefer it on next gen consoles.

Yes, I also like the idea of expanding existing game, but not for such high price.

To be honest it isn't much higher than in other titles, and there is A LOT of content in this Seasons.
60€ for 6 conutries and 51 cars and season pass with 11 tracks and 25 cars for another 50€. I don´t know any racing game which have such big payment policy (except iRacing but the whole system is another). I wouldn´t have any problem with it if there were more tracks by release...

Last edited:
If a season 5 comes it will be much more expensive than the previous 4 simply because they've run out of content to recycle. With Grid releasing so soon we might be done until D5 or DR3.

To be honest it isn't much higher than in other titles, and there is A LOT of content in this Seasons.

I am a bit put off by the price of Season 3-4 content. I purchased the deluxe version for $103 CAD. I’ve never paid that much for a game before. A typical new release is $80 CAD for PS4 (non deluxe). I don’t regret paying the extra $23 for Seasons 1-2, and I enjoyed the new content every two weeks to keep me engaged in the game.

That being said, paying an additional $40 for seasons 3-4 seems a bit steep for me. That would be $143 I would have invested into one game. I was expecting the price of Season 3-4 (maybe naively) to be in the $25-30 CAD price range, and I would have gladly paid that.

I know that it’s a business and CM can offer product and charge as they see fit and I as a consumer can weigh the value of something and decide if it’s worth my dollars, but I was disappointed that it is the price it is. Will need to wait for a sale, as I still think it’s a great game.

I have bough standard edition of Dirt 2.0, then bought discounted Deluxe Pass on PSN so i can be biased with judging real value of this game. But i think this is perfect "wait for discount product" i didn't finished and played ale the S1 and S2 content so i can wait a little bit more for S3 and S4 :)

I have bough standard edition of Dirt 2.0, then bought discounted Deluxe Pass on PSN so i can be biased with judging real value of this game. But i think this is perfect "wait for discount product" i didn't finished and played ale the S1 and S2 content so i can wait a little bit more for S3 and S4 :)

That's how you do it. People are too impatient nowadays. I bought the game with Season 1+2 for around 45 euro and will wait for 3+4 to go on 50% sale for a total price of 60 euro for the game (great value for the money).

Yes, I also like the idea of expanding existing game, but not for such high price.

Many people pay $10/month to play Word of Warcraft, iRacing (not including cars and tracks), Final Fantasy XIV and many other games... if you enjoy the game and put 100+ hours in it I don't see the problem at all to pay around $100-150. If you play it less... maybe you should reconsider to buy the next shiny race game toy and just enjoy more the games you already bought. I more or less play 3 games and that's it: F1 2019, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Dirt 2.0 for which the total amount I paid will be 150 euro (once S3+4 goes on sale for 15 euro).

When I started gaming a race game would have like 6 tracks and maybe 10 cars max (Atari days).

Patience is virtue.

When I started PC gaming in the early 1990s, a full-price game cost $50, and it might get a couple of expansions (on 3.5" floppy disks!) for $20 each. If you bought everything, you'd spend $90.

Adjusted for inflation, assuming a 1992 reference point, that's $91.43 for the game, $36.57 for each expansion, and a total of $164.58 for everything.

If you bought everything for DR2.0 as soon as it released, at full price (as I have), then you've spent $80 for the Deluxe Edition and $30 for the Season 3+4 pass, $110 total.

Games are cheap these days. And you damn kids need to get off my lawn! ;)

Many people pay $10/month to play Word of Warcraft, iRacing (not including cars and tracks), Final Fantasy XIV and many other games... if you enjoy the game and put 100+ hours in it I don't see the problem at all to pay around $100-150. If you play it less... maybe you should reconsider to buy the next shiny race game toy and just enjoy more the games you already bought. I more or less play 3 games and that's it: F1 2019, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Dirt 2.0 for which the total amount I paid will be 150 euro (once S3+4 goes on sale for 15 euro).

When I started gaming a race game would have like 6 tracks and maybe 10 cars max (Atari days).

Patience is virtue.

i´m enjoying most of the racing games without game pass (GTS,PC, F1 etc.) but it is really sad if the game splitt the amount off players behalf of seasson passes. And the point is, 150 € for a game is simply to high.

When I started gaming a race game they were without any SP

Back