DiRT Rally 2.0 Seasons 3 and 4 DLC Announced: More Cars, Rallies and Rallycross

Gamers? I save money by not buying these games or nonsense content.. if others want to, fair play to them, enjoy feeding a corrupt machine.
That's just some tin-foil hat sorta thinking. Codemasters is a business, they offer a product in exchange for money and whether or not someone buys additional, optional content is up to them. Games/ DLC cost money to develop and in the case of Dirt Rally 2.0, the stages from the first game were reworked and re-offered for those interested, those not interested are not being forced to pay for anything and you can always go back to DR1 to play the old content. The argument that they should have included the content from the start is merely an opinion.

I didn't know playing content on an old release of a series makes you entitled to having that same (or even remastered) piece of content on a new game for free, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

If its in a series, when you buy the 2nd of something, ideally, it should have all, if not most, of the content from the 1st. Its a racing game with a 3/4 year gap, how is that a "remaster". Resident Evil 2 remake, is a remastered/remake, CTRacing, is a remaster. Adding a Ford Focus from a game on the same generation, is not a remaster.

So not game developers, then.

Codemasters are doing it for the money, yes, not to make a better game with substantial content for once.

That's just some tin-foil hat sorta thinking. Codemasters is a business, they offer a product in exchange for money and whether or not someone buys additional, optional content is up to them. Games/ DLC cost money to develop and in the case of Dirt Rally 2.0, the stages from the first game were reworked and re-offered for those interested, those not interested are not being forced to pay for anything and you can always go back to DR1 to play the old content. The argument that they should have included the content from the start is merely an opinion.

You want Monte Carlo? You will have to buy DR1, or you will have to buy DR2, and then DLC on top of that.

Greed is forcing games to be empty husks on day one, and 2 years later you will get the title you deserve, albeit for an extra fee.

If its in a series, when you buy the 2nd of something, ideally, it should have all, if not most, of the content from the 1st. Its a racing game with a 3/4 year gap, how is that a "remaster". Resident Evil 2 remake, is a remastered/remake, CTRacing, is a remaster. Adding a Ford Focus from a game on the same generation, is not a remaster.

When I was saying remastered, I was referring to the quality of the environments that have been transferred from the original DiRT Rally. Codemasters haven't just ported tracks from the previous game over, extensive work has gone into the textures and overall level of detail to bring it up to the standard of the tracks in the vanilla version of 2.0. See the comparison below for an example (or head to this blog post for more)

DiRT Rally:
DiRT_Rally_F_1-1024x576.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0
DiRT_Rally_F_2-1024x576.jpg

Aside from the visual tweaks, work has gone into how vehicles make contact with the new surfaces. You don't have to wait for several instalments before something can be remastered, look at the difference above.

Finally, someone with a brain

When I was saying remastered, I was referring to the quality of the environments that have been transferred from the original DiRT Rally. Codemasters haven't just ported tracks from the previous game over, extensive work has gone into the textures and overall level of detail to bring it up to the standard of the tracks in the vanilla version of 2.0. See the comparison below for an example (or head to this blog post for more)

DiRT Rally:

DiRT Rally 2.0

Aside from the visual tweaks, work has gone into how vehicles make contact with the new surfaces. You don't have to wait for several instalments before something can be remastered, look at the difference above.

Precisely. These aren’t just lazy port jobs, these are proper remasters of existing stages which have been drastically improved by the new graphics/physics engine

Aside from the visual tweaks, work has gone into how vehicles make contact with the new surfaces.
It can't be emphasized enough how big of a difference this makes, especially in Monte Carlo. Driving Monte Carlo is a completely different experience between DR1 and DR2. In the first game, there were basically just two track surfaces, the snow-covered parts and the tarmac parts. Even where there were visible ice & snow patches on the tarmac, it all just gripped like tarmac. In DR2.0, on the other hand, every visible snow and ice patch affects the car. When you brake with your right-side wheels on tarmac and your left-side wheels on a snow/ice patch, you'll have an exciting ride as the car yaws abruptly in the direction of grip. It completely transforms the approach necessary to drive the stages.

DiRT Rally:

DiRT Rally 2.0

Punching the saturation slider does not make for better graphics. In all honestly DR2 looks cartoonish compared to DR1 IMO.

Actually to hell with the graphics and I'll stick my neck out here in saying that I think the original DR is by far and away the better game - I haven't touched DR2 since aound April I guess, but I'm still regularly playing DR1 and Seb Loeb rally.

So to that end I'm not going to bother buying anymore new content for a game that is effectively DOA for me.

Punching the saturation slider does not make for better graphics. In all honestly DR2 looks Actually to hell with the graphics and I'll stick my neck out here in saying that I think the original DR is by far and away the better game - I haven't touched DR2 since aound April I guess, but I'm still regularly playing DR1 and Seb Loeb rally.

How come?

I still love DR1 with all my heart but effectively it's just overshadowed by DR2 now. The physics are worse, the FFB is full of canned effects, the gravity is like being on the moon... The list goes on. Of course DR1 has a few better aspects but with the new handling in DR2 I just can't go back.

How come?

I still love DR1 with all my heart but effectively it's just overshadowed by DR2 now. The physics are worse, the FFB is full of canned effects, the gravity is like being on the moon... The list goes on. Of course DR1 has a few better aspects but with the new handling in DR2 I just can't go back.

I don't find the difference in the physics between DR1 and DR2 to be miles apart. Plus DR1 I can play in VR on the PS4, and Seb Loeb Rally has by far and away the best physics of them all. DR2.0 is quite frankly unneeded for me. Oh, and whenever I tried to do a career in DR2 I got reset multiple times due to a data mismatch or something, so just for that it's in the bin.

I don't find the difference in the physics between DR1 and DR2 to be miles apart. Plus DR1 I can play in VR on the PS4, and Seb Loeb Rally has by far and away the best physics of them all. DR2.0 is quite frankly unneeded for me. Oh, and whenever I tried to do a career in DR2 I got reset multiple times due to a data mismatch or something, so just for that it's in the bin.

I know RWD physics have been massively improved for one (among other bits and bobs I can't exactly recall right now)

I agree with Seb Loeb Rally still having amazing physics today but it's a shame that the PC port was so half-assed. Not really a fan of the car sounds either. The car selection does somewhat make up for all that, though... :P

And as for the career data resets I think it happens a lot less frequently now, if not at all. Then again, maybe I've just been lucky, who knows?

Really looking forward to Yas Marina and South Africa, to have more or less the entire current WRX season of tracks, plus some additional. It’s too bad Spa won’t be done, as I suppose Mettet is there. Who knows, maybe it will be eventually.

Edit: just noticed South Africa will be released 9 days after the WRX South Africa event takes place. I enjoy learning and trying the layouts before watching the events, so it’s a shame it won’t be released slightly earlier.

Lost interest, too much time to wait ,got platinum and got bored alteady back in May. A pity cause i would have paid much more than 70€ for DR1 rallies being included from day one.

Can't wait for WRC8 now.

Lost interest, too much time to wait ,got platinum and got bored alteady back in May. A pity cause i would have paid much more than 70€ for DR1 rallies being included from day one.

Can't wait for WRC8 now.
After getting DR2.0, I picked up WRC7 just to see how it compared.

The WRC series of games are horrific in terms of physics compared to DR2.0. Especially when you start to roll.

The only thing I'd like to see in DR2.0 from the WRC games aside from the cars are the SSS's.

After getting DR2.0, I picked up WRC7 just to see how it compared.

The WRC series of games are horrific in terms of physics compared to DR2.0. Especially when you start to roll.

The only thing I'd like to see in DR2.0 from the WRC games aside from the cars are the SSS's.

In a rally game i am not interested in a realistic physic, I just want to have a full real WRC session with a proper career mode. So WRC Is perfect, 7 was pretty good and with TM wheel It worked well. Pity It sucks with all other wheels.

Dirt Is terrible both in terms of content (rally stages) and career mode. Just wasted Money, got platinum anyway. Really a pity considerino good graphics, good handling.

The DLC of January 28th when it says " Special Liveries " it's about RX.. Can we expect to see the 2019 World RX liveries ? I want to race with Andreas Bakkerud and RX Cartel livery on my S1 EKS !

The "repeated" cars in that list are the updated 2019 versions. So the current liveries for the Audi, Peugeot, Renault @MrRaahzeel

The Special Liveries I assume are going to follow the livery packs from Seasons 1 & 2.

Couldn't resist Season 3 & 4 and feeding the corrupt machine :D. Even though we're in the process of selling up and moving, another Suby, Finland and Greece had me sold. Great value considering 1/2hr of go-kart hire at our local track is $90, and all the extra content cost $40au.

The Mini Cooper SX1 is part of Season 4. We couldn't announce it at the same time as the others but confirmed it this week.
Does this mean the Hyundais are coming to? Or are there licensing issues?

Does this mean the Hyundais are coming to? Or are there licensing issues?
The Season 4 calendar is complete.

I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be that they'll announce them when and if they're able to. It's not like they were holding news of the Mini back just to be coy.
Correct. We had a minor holdup on announcing the Mini at the same time as the other cars.

Back