DiRT Rally Setup Sharing Thread

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 38 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
vZCxZPb.jpg

With DiRT Rally being a more serious driving game than most having the right setup can be crucial to getting the fastest stage times. This is a thread where we can share our setups and give tips to others.

If you're a Steam user you can download setups directly into your game via the Workshop.

If you're on Xbox or PlayStation 4 however you'll have to rely on people posting screenshots, as those versions don't have a way of distributing setups in-game.

Some extra links:

Don't know if you guys are all mainly on pc but just wondering if anyone knows if you can use the TH8A shifter for handbrake & still keep manual gears on the T300rs paddles.

Cheers!

Sorry if this has been answered in any other threads but does anybody have some good force feedback settings for PS4 on dirt rally

I typically don't go in for advanced setups, even in simulators like Gran Turismo. I usually just adjust the basic sliders to suit my general preferences and go for it. To be honest, I don't have the knowledge of how the individual parameters affect the car's behaviour, and fine-tuning them always seems like a bit of a labour. Especially when I can't be sure whether my lap times or stage times are improving or suffering because of my setup changes or because I had a better or worse run through a stage. But Dirt Rally has piqued my interest, because for the first time in a game, I am looking for a competitive edge that the default settings don't offer.

Any ideas on where I can start?

Yip. Was on thrustmaster facebook page a couple of days ago.

On ps4 as well aye? I knew you could do it on PC but when I tried to make down/+ on sequential handbrake it also changed what the left paddle did as if it was inseparably tied with each other.

I updated it with a laptop when I bought it but wondering if there's maybe been an update.

I'll try it again in the meantime & thank you!

On ps4 as well aye? I knew you could do it on PC but when I tried to make down/+ on sequential handbrake it also changed what the left paddle did as if it was inseparably tied with each other.

I updated it with a laptop when I bought it but wondering if there's maybe been an update.

I'll try it again in the meantime & thank you!
Ps4 yes. Has to be connected to ps4 usb.

I typically don't go in for advanced setups, even in simulators like Gran Turismo. I usually just adjust the basic sliders to suit my general preferences and go for it. To be honest, I don't have the knowledge of how the individual parameters affect the car's behaviour, and fine-tuning them always seems like a bit of a labour. Especially when I can't be sure whether my lap times or stage times are improving or suffering because of my setup changes or because I had a better or worse run through a stage. But Dirt Rally has piqued my interest, because for the first time in a game, I am looking for a competitive edge that the default settings don't offer.

Exactly the same with me - believe me, I've tried to understand and tune in games but it may as well be magic for all the good my efforts make. In rally however I have had some measure of success...but after seeing the advance screens, I know I'll be lost.

The ten shakedown runs I think are a great idea and will, I have full faith, teach me something, which I will share.

Start with brake bias, differential (weak=lose strong=tight) ride hight and camber, this will change the attitude of the car in terms of under and oversteer.
The suspension is a little more tricky with all the advance settings, but to keep it simple, if your car is reacting too fast to the steering, softens the front, and vice versa.
Tight slow stages lose cars, fast stages tight cars.
I also change my FFB from slow to fast stages, slow=weaker fast=stronger

Last edited:
This is a much needed thread for me. I am totally hopeless at the game, and any help with setups would be a godsend. I'm currently racing the Peugeot 207 1600 and just doing RallyCross as it's easier...any ideas on getting the car to launch as quick as the AI ???

@djm99, AI is pretty quick indeed during start. If you release clutch when lights go green, you can beat them. Try short 1st gear, might help a bit.

Has anyone got a good setup for the Peugeot 405? Of the 3 hillclimb cars it's the easiest to drive, but suffers from crippling understeer in places.

I defaintly need some tunes/set ups I'm really enjoying the game on ps4 just can't help thinking if i could set the cars up right i could do so much better

So is there anyway we can view the car setups on dirt steam community...? Lots of setups there but seems its a closed door for console users...:irked:

What wheel are you using?
Sorry been busy busy. T300. I've been playing a lot with the settings to feel the differences. I will be posting my finding soon but feedback on this issue is much appreciated. This is one hell of a game fellas I'm thoroughly enjoying it but as a lot of us I am OCD on FFB settings.

Don't know.
Anybody could upload a steam setup file? Don't have account there and maybe we can read the file format in an eady way :)
This is what I was wondering, especially as CM provide set-ups for the loaner events and a Steam user would be able to see that set-up and so copy it. Those set-ups seem to work fine for me.

Has anyone got any tuning tips for the 1600 Clio Rallycross car please?
I keep the suspension soft and the dampers stiff, brake bias to the front and a strong differential.

The handling is absolutely awful ... but it's bloody quick. You really need to adapt your driving style - use the weight transfer and body roll to induce oversteer, get on the power to counteract it with understeer, and give it a dab of opposite lock to correct the racing line.

I've been building up a Hillclimb Quattro. May not be the best choice, but it's a classic and I've invested time building it up to where it's at. Struggling with a floaty feeling front end, at speed. Anyone have a sweet setup for the Quattro that's working for them?

I have been doing awesomely on the Rallycross events in the Classic Mini. Got through the Open with stock tunes and all the way through the Elite difficulty (same car) with a five second tune. Now I am at the Masters difficulty and the AI is chewing me to shreds in the Finals especially in the soft 90 degree left to the tight hairpin right on the tarmac section of the Clubman variant of Lydden Hill. Is the AI just that good or am I that bad at tunes?

Edit: I am using a Dualshock 4 controller since that might be important info.

Back