Dirty Gr.3 Setups and tunes...help me!

United States
United States
I'm fairly new to the all out tuning aspect of racing games, so I'm looking for some guidance when it comes to the "dirty" lobby's at blue moon bay (gr.3 to be specific). I've been sticking my toes in the water for about a week now with the beetle.
I'm slowly gaining some average finishes but it seems like I'm starting to flatline. Race after race I'm noticing the same set of driver do consistently well and I can't seem to put my finger on some of the subtle differences they bring to the party.
I've always loved GTs "dirty nascar" races with and it's still a blast on gts, but I need a little boost here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dirty??? Like.. everything goes and is allowed??
No going backwards, no break checking. Most lobbies are 7 to 15 laps depending on the number of drivers. Boost and slip stream are maxed out (for maximum drafting) in the race settings and ghosts are turned off.
Other than that.....go try to win, by whatever means necessary....

You would think it was a crap shoot...but there's quite a bit of skill shown by the more experienced drivers.
of course!! it must be fun if that is the rule!!! But that is not the rule on GTS Sport Mode... and many keep playing in there with such rules.. more or less.. :(

pointless racing you learn nothing but crashing others.

I don´t think .. so.. it´s just pure fun and not really anything else... of course that most important was a good mood and some added luck.. to be able to get to the end laughiing ... and I should also add full damage... implementation.. :)

It’s fun I’ve spent a lot o tine there in the last month. If you spectate a good race with the group you see cars in fourth gear doing 208mph they make em steep and take downforce off. I mean steep. If you don’t have the draft you want lady x

Who cares dude? Some people just want to enjoy GT Sport and have fun, not everyone has to be a tryhard. As long as they stay out of Sport Mode or at least try to be as clean as possible I don't see the problem

Who cares dude? Some people just want to enjoy GT Sport and have fun, not everyone has to be a tryhard. As long as they stay out of Sport Mode or at least try to be as clean as possible I don't see the problem
EXACTLY!! :)))) Specially that part "As long as they stay out of Sport Mode"

There are lessons to be learned in these races. Even sports mode drivers are forced to take ugly lines in difficult situations, or convert longer races into phases (falling back early to be in a better situation at the end) The confidence to do so can be a difficult part of driving growth. It only comes from taking yourself out of your comfort zone and letting it all hang out....and cutting loose in a filthy lobby is a perfect way to do that.
Remember, most of the drivers in those races are having fun, but they are all still trying to find the best way to the front, and that's what racing is all about.

Yeah... Well... the learning nothing but crashing others part

Not only is it not true (strategy also comes into play, like when is your time to overtake, etc. etc.), it's pretty damn hard :)

You gotta know how to pit maneuver at speeds of over 250km/h with people who know how to react to them so it's quite hard to spin them. You gotta kmow how to be discrete when you're about to crush an opponent to the wall because any slight indication that you will and they'll brake, causing you to crash yourself. There's so many more examples than just that that I can't hope to cover them all in one post Dirty racing takes just as much skill as clean racing

For me I think dirty racing is a whole different form, but equally beautiful, of art- just like rallying :)
--

As for the OP, I'm not really a tuner myself, but I guess you can benefit from having a bit more stability with your cars, even if it means less cornering speeds. Lowering your camber could give you some stability on the straights, for pit manuevers and all. Give yourself a bit more downforce for the same reason. Give your Initial Torque and Deceleration LSD settings some extra ticks, while lowering Accel settings. Also stiffening your anti-roll bars can do you some good

Other than that, I think you're good to go. The stock tunes of Gr. 3 cars give them inherent understeer, so you're just going to build upon that a bit :)

Not only is it not true (strategy also comes into play, like when is your time to overtake, etc. etc.), it's pretty damn hard :)

You gotta know how to pit maneuver at speeds of over 250km/h with people who know how to react to them so it's quite hard to spin them. You gotta kmow how to be discrete when you're about to crush an opponent to the wall because any slight indication that you will and they'll brake, causing you to crash yourself. There's so many more examples than just that that I can't hope to cover them all in one post Dirty racing takes just as much skill as clean racing

For me I think dirty racing is a whole different form, but equally beautiful, of art- just like rallying :)
--

As for the OP, I'm not really a tuner myself, but I guess you can benefit from having a bit more stability with your cars, even if it means less cornering speeds. Lowering your camber could give you some stability on the straights, for pit manuevers and all. Give yourself a bit more downforce for the same reason. Give your Initial Torque and Deceleration LSD settings some extra ticks, while lowering Accel settings. Also stiffening your anti-roll bars can do you some good

Other than that, I think you're good to go. The stock tunes of Gr. 3 cars give them inherent understeer, so you're just going to build upon that a bit :)

--

Thanks for the tip!

if i
Thanks for the tip!
you gotta know how to pit maneuver at speeds of over 250km/h this apply only for wheel users with controller everyone can crash and save yourself pretty easy.
dirty people should stop buying racing games

you gotta know how to pit maneuver at speeds of over 250km/h this apply only for wheel users with controller everyone can crash and save yourself pretty easy.
Are you sure about that? Have you tried it yourself? Both on wheel and controller?

Dirty people should stop playing Sport mode, but they still have the right to buy racing games. If they rub you the wrong way so badly then go play Sport mode or just avoid online lobbies. At least you won't irritate them as well

if i

Even for a smug Frenchman like yourself, those are pretty strong words. How bout you bring whatever damn controller you want to a dirty lobby and we can all see how long it takes before you start complaining about everyone else's driving is the reason why you lose.

Seems pretty salty to complain online about a racing lobby that you can avoid all together.
Did someone from one of those lobbies steal your girlfriend?

Look, I get it. Everybody hates dirty drivers in clean races but we all have to deal with them...that's part of the challenge. The drivers that consistently finish at the top of the board have obviously figured out a way spot them and deal with them...and I'm guessing that more than a few of those top drivers spent some time in lobby hell to figure it out.

if i

I don't understand how ridiculously triggered you are by this topic. If you just stay in Sport mode you probably never have to face anyone who does dirty races. Now you can stop acting so idealistic because not everyone is a pro who races according to all the rules, in Sport mode. And I bet you aren't one of those either.

I don't understand how ridiculously triggered you are by this topic. If you just stay in Sport mode you probably never have to face anyone who does dirty races. Now you can stop acting so idealistic because not everyone is a pro who races according to all the rules, in Sport mode. And I bet you aren't one of those either.
im sick of dirty idiots who join daily races fk others upp dirty people why they buy race games to crash other there is game like tekken if you hit somthing

Im not dirty i can play fair race me if you want. but im sick of dirty idiots who only play to crash others. in daily races even if one start 1st in grid they aim at you in first corner. why the hell people buy race games? there is tekken other fighting games if you want to hit somthing i bet they get there ass kicked so they try in other games to take out there frustration cos they cant improve there skills in the end they want to get better at dirtyness instedd so they can win.

im sick of dirty idiots who join daily races fk others upp dirty people why they buy race games to crash other there is game like tekken if you hit somthing

Im not dirty i can play fair race me if you want. but im sick of dirty idiots who only play to crash others. in daily races even if one start 1st in grid they aim at you in first corner. why the hell people buy race games? there is tekken other fighting games if you want to hit somthing i bet they get there ass kicked so they try in other games to take out there frustration cos they cant improve there skills in the end they want to get better at dirtyness instedd so they can win.

I wish ghosting would stay on all the time but it dont.
and we have to deal with idiots who are born out of somthing dirty

Like I said, dirty people have their place in lobbies. The decent dirty people are those who keep it to the dirty or kick lobbies, and the ones who venture to Sport mode are trolls. Don't lump these two together. Lobbies and Sport mode are separated for a reason
I wish ghosting would stay on all the time but it dont.
and we have to deal with idiots who are born out of somthing dirty
Then you're just taking away the race itself. How different would it be from hotlapping?

Like I said, dirty people have their place in lobbies. The decent dirty people are those who keep it to the dirty or kick lobbies, and the ones who venture to Sport mode are trolls. Don't lump these two together. Lobbies and Sport mode are separated for a reason

Then you're just taking away the race itself. How different would it be from hotlapping?

you dont want to understand what im saying it seems.
im saying dirty people mess up fun and rating for others players.
i wish dirty people can see fun in clean race the adrenaline rush when you make clean overtaking in fast speed but they get jealous cos they cant improve them self and that is the only reason dirty people exist
i dont want to take racing away i wish there were option for no collusion. when we make online lobby with friends we play clean all behave like they should we dont like ghosting at all. but daily races is just crap cos of dirty people there are good player who let you pass and never try blocking or crashing cos faster people will catch up and want there revenge and this mess up for even more people. and ghosting never work like it should
thats why i think in dailey races there should be no collusion ghosting full on.

im saying dirty people mess up fun and rating for others players.
Like I've been repeating over and over, there are also decent dirty people who don't go to Sport mode and mess up your ratings. The ones who do are the trolls, and they are a separate breed from dirty people. So what I'm pointing out is your hasty generalization
i wish dirty people can see fun in clean race the adrenaline rush when you make clean overtaking in fast speed but they get jealous cos they cant improve them self and that is the only reason dirty people exist
i dont want to take racing away i wish there were option for no collusion. when we make online lobby with friends we play clean all behave like they should we dont like ghosting at all. but daily races is just crap cos of dirty people there are good player who let you pass and never try blocking or crashing cos faster people will catch up and want there revenge and this mess up for even more people. and ghosting never work like it should
thats why i think in dailey races there should be no collusion ghosting full on.
Again, a hasty generalization. What's your proof with your statement. How can you explain that half of my team mates came from dirty NASCAR lobbies back in GT6, but are one of the fastest (not to mention cleanest) people I know. Most of them are at least A/S, if not A+/S. Their SR graph barely dips down, so what gives? What makes you think they're not fast at all? If you sre correct, then what are these people going to be jealous for?

Like I've been repeating over and over, there are also decent dirty people who don't go to Sport mode and mess up your ratings. The ones who do are the trolls, and they are a separate breed from dirty people. So what I'm pointing out is your hasty generalization

Again, a hasty generalization. What's your proof with your statement. How can you explain that half of my team mates came from dirty NASCAR lobbies back in GT6, but are one of the fastest (not to mention cleanest) people I know. Most of them are at least A/S, if not A+/S. Their SR graph barely dips down, so what gives? What makes you think they're not fast at all? If you sre correct, then what are these people going to be jealous for?

im saying dirty people mess up rating for others and themself. forget it you dont get my point.
be dirty teach other to be dirty.

You would think it was a crap shoot...but there's quite a bit of skill shown by the more experienced drivers.
Its a crap shoot between the experienced drivers.
I do some dirty in the mornings if the Aussies are around, but they still have certain rules; No brake checking, No wall riding, No punting people into corners, No going backwards, No wrecking at the back.
As for set ups, the only difference between clean and dirty should be adding more gear, and maybe adding some downforce.

I love that someone called a Swedish guy french though.

Its a crap shoot between the experienced drivers.
I do some dirty in the mornings if the Aussies are around, but they still have certain rules; No brake checking, No wall riding, No punting people into corners, No going backwards, No wrecking at the back.
As for set ups, the only difference between clean and dirty should be adding more gear, and maybe adding some downforce.

I love that someone called a Swedish guy french though.
yee another dirty wanabe joind the fun

I already bolded what made all your statements meaningless...
what statment?
dirty people making mess in dailey races.
i bett you one off them.
stop buying racing games. gt want to make us better at playing without crashing thants why they made this rating stuff.
you guys dont even understands what gt people are trying to do?

Latest Posts

Back