Disappointed - But Optimistic!

• Thread starter Chad151515
  • 250 comments
Not in an online lobby. Give it a try. Best we could get was 143 laps or 2 hours 20 minutes if set to run to time.
@IanBell @The_American : is there a specific reason for this difference/limit between online and offline?

Also curious if this is a global limit or just for a specific track/car combo? I suppose this would also be stopping you from doing an actual 24h race online? (Hardly anyone would do this, but just curious why there's a limit)

I can set both 999 laps or 24 hours for online races.

999 Laps.JPG

24 Hrs.JPG

And yet some people will not bother one iota about a failure of the set if they are particularly enamoured with the performance of the cast. Or the demo tape of a band who couldn't afford to have it produced properly, some will enjoy the music that much that the low productions values will be insignificant. Or pretty much any time you go and watch a band live, the quality of the music and singing is not a patch on the quality you get from a well produced studio recording, however, that doesn't matter because the live aspect of it enjoyed with a group of other fans more than makes up for the lack of quality in the music.

And that's how I feel about PC2, yes there are some issues, some bother me, some don't but the overall experience of playing the game is, for me, second to none when it comes to the representation of motorcar racing. It's got soul, you can tell the team that put it together have a great deal of passion for motorsport.

And in all those instances it comes down to your subject experience, if that subjective experience is good enough, some people will not be affected by the objective difficulties.

GTS is a perfect example, looking at it objectively it a very polished well put together game with very little to pick fault with. However, subjectively, sat in my rig steering wheel in hand it's not a patch on what I feel or experience when I play PC2.

Not in an online lobby. Give it a try. Best we could get was 143 laps or 2 hours 20 minutes if set to run to time. This does not gel with the descriptions for those settings. For the number of laps it says you can do 1 to 999 laps but you can't.

I'll give it a try online.
I thought you meant in game you couldn't at all.

I guess it wasn't the F150 you were driving when this happened. Car and track info helps a lot

Indycar at Road America. I hit a cone bouncing across the track. Other drivers experienced the same damage from curbing and random bumps.

Indycar at Road America. I hit a cone bouncing across the track. Other drivers experienced the same damage from curbing and random bumps.
These aren't just regular cones. These are lightweight lead cones. In all seriousness, yeah I agree. Hitting a cone causes 3 in damage on the HUD. Maybe they already know about it and are either removing cones or making them normal FIA approved ones.

These aren't just regular cones. These are lightweight lead cones. In all seriousness, yeah I agree. Hitting a cone causes 3 in damage on the HUD. Maybe they already know about it and are either removing cones or making them normal FIA approved ones.

In our IndyCar race last night the driver in front tapped the cones and I couldn't avoid it and just tapped it as well. Gave me 50 front damage. It's my only complaint right now with the indycar. The car is fantastic.

Back