Disappointed - But Optimistic!

• Thread starter Chad151515
  • 250 comments
United States
United States
Chadbaseball15
I am a diehard PCARS racer. I`ve hosted over 200 league races on PCARS1. This game is one of the buggiest games I have ever played. I have spent hours organizing our leagues for PCAR2 and at this point these lobbies aren't ready. SMS, please listen to the people having issues and try to get this patch out ASAP.

- Damage model
- Engine overheating with high radiator opening and not redlining.
- HUD screen
- Lobby freezing
- Can`t invite drivers in the middle of practice or qualifying.
- Pit road glitching (crew sometimes won't show up)
- Menu freezing
- Game shutting down because of an error.
- Cars crashing into each other on CPU controlled rolling starts.
- Setups don't always save and go deleted.

I love PCARS and I only mention these things because I want this game to be successful. The content with this game is 2nd to none. The cars look, sound, and drive great. Just need to clean these bugs up.

PLEASE FIX!

Last edited:
I am a diehard PCARS racer. I`ve hosted over 200 league races on PCARS1. This game is one of the buggiest games I have ever played. I have spent hours organizing our leagues for PCAR2 and at this point I have wasted my time. This game is not even close to complete. SMS, please listen to the people having issues and try to get this patch out ASAP.

- Damage model
- Engine overheating
- HUD screen
- Lobby freezing
- Can`t add during the lobby
- Pit road glitching

and many more.

PLEASE FIX!

My main one is "when a race is complete and you would like to re-run that race (as often is the case) why do we need to go back to lobby and re-enter? Wouldn't it save huge amounts of time to be able to just kick off a new race again with qualifying? There is so much wasted time here it is dreadful. Not to mention it would save on all those bugs when lobbies load e.g losing people, getting stuck (game freezing) FF not working etc ;-)

My main one is "when a race is complete and you would like to re-run that race (as often is the case) why do we need to go back to lobby and re-enter? Wouldn't it save huge amounts of time to be able to just kick off a new race again with qualifying? There is so much wasted time here it is dreadful. Not to mention it would save on all those bugs when lobbies load e.g losing people, getting stuck (game freezing) FF not working etc ;-)

Im a very positive person but this game right now is hard to be positive about. The content is fantastic but it doesn`t matter if the game doesn`t work.

Im a very positive person but this game right now is hard to be positive about. The content is fantastic but it doesn`t matter if the game doesn`t work.

I'm positive too :-) I'm positive this game is 🤬 nothing more than half 🤬 beta version.

I can understand why it was released when it was though, because if they released it next week it wouldn't have sold because everyone would have bought GT Sport. It has been a pure and simple con job to release an unfinished game in the hope all us mugs would buy it while waiting for GTS to arrive.

The sad thing is, it worked :-( They now have our money.

After the bugfest PCARS 1 was and a year later still having day one bugs in it I said I would not buy this game BUT i was talked into by my mates because online would soooo good. Yeah right :-(

- Damage model
- Engine overheating
- HUD screen
- Lobby freezing
- Pit road glitching

and many more.
Perhaps you should expand your text a little. Give us / SMS a bit more explanation of what you have found.

For example.. "Can`t add during the lobby".

What does that even mean?

I'm positive too :-) I'm positive this game is 🤬 nothing more than half 🤬 beta version.

I can understand why it was released when it was though, because if they released it next week it wouldn't have sold because everyone would have bought GT Sport. It has been a pure and simple con job to release an unfinished game in the hope all us mugs would buy it while waiting for GTS to arrive.

After the bugfest PCARS 1 was and a year later still having day one bugs in it I said I would not buy this game BUT i was talked into by my mates because online would soooo good. Yeah right :-(

Better hope GTS is a flawless release then huh...

It's got way more bugs than F1 2017 unfortunately, and there have been 0 patches for PS4 so far in the 2.5 weeks post-release, whereas Codemasters released about 1 patch per week and fixed the major issues quickly.
Massive lag, leagues being delayed due to various online issues. Just look at the esports race in China on the PS4 where BigC was disqualified for a tyre thing which never happened. Everyone getting disqualified.

I've had no issues on PC online. Yes, there's a small stutter and sometimes the menus are slow but they'll fix that.

Devs approach patches in different ways. Codemasters goes for lots of small patches and SMS goes for a bigger one. The latter allows for more information to be received about said bug and more time to change it.

Better hope GTS is a flawless release then huh...

With the lack of content and high focus on online, if it isn't then there will be riots.

Seriously? People just say this for effect. This is nowhere near as bad as F1 2017 and that was from 2 months ago.

They'll release patches. Just be patient. They'll want to fix as many things as they can to reduce patch cost because they're supporting the game for at least a year.

I disagree. This game has way more bugs in my opinion. The freezing is insane. The online bugs are just insane right now. I know they'll get fixed (hopefully) but this game shouldn't have been released.

Perhaps you should expand your text a little. Give us / SMS a bit more explanation of what you have found.

For example.. "Can`t add during the lobby".

What does that even mean?

You cant send invites in the middle of a practice or qualifying. You can only do it before the lobby starts. For a mirror to save you have to go back and fourth to the HUD editing screen. Setups don't always save online. There are random engine overheats where no matter how high you set your radiator the engine still heats up. Your pit crew will do the strategy you selected but not every time. Guys have started a lobby with a penalty because of a glitch during the formation lap when the CPU has control of the car. Many get kicked over and over again from lobbies. Many more little things like that. I'm a diehard PCARS fan. I think it's the best sim out there but these bugs have to be fixed and I'm sure SMS is working on them.

- Side Note - The IndyCar feels fantastic.

Hmmm why even start doing proper league stuff day 1 did u not play pc1 day/week/month 1 ;/ ????

I did and we had leagues. That being said, when you pay $60 for a game you expect a better day 1 product. In confident they'll fix these bugs.

@jake2013guy I do think they will fix these bugs. I love the content and I think the cars drive great. Just need these bugs fixed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can send invites to people during practice and qualifying. I've done it several times for a couple of friends. And I've been able to invite people in between practice, qualifying, and race sessions.

@Chad151515 wow 4 post in a roll :bowdown: i'm sure the mods will be happy about that :boggled::crazy:

Use the +Quote :)

My bad!!!!! Fairly new to posting on here!

Eva
You can send invites to people during practice and qualifying. I've done it several times for a couple of friends. And I've been able to invite people in between practice, qualifying, and race sessions.

On PS4? Pleas explain where because I can only send invites before I press ready once the lobby starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
On PS4? Pleas explain where because I can only send invites before I press ready once the lobby starts.
During the practice and qualifying sessions, you must be in your pit box/garage stall and press R2 I believe. In between sessions is the same process.

They haven't got my money! I finally learned my lesson about pre-ordering games with P CARS 1, never again! Most game devs are full of 🤬 imo, & will say pretty much anything to drum up pre-orders; getting everybody on board the hype train. I remember back in the PS2 days, the official magazine came with a demo disc with loads of demos, & you could try almost any game before you bought it. There are a few demos on the PS Store, but not nearly enough. If P CARS 2 had a PS4 demo version, I bet that a significant proportion that did pre-order would've cancelled after trying the demo.

Eva
During the practice and qualifying sessions, you must be in your pit box/garage stall and press R2 I believe. In between sessions is the same process.

Okay thanks! I think I've tried this and didn't work. I'll try it out.

Given the huge and ever-increasing evidence, it's impossible not to agree with all of that. There are 4 main issues that I understand to be legally dubious.

1) Polyphony have the confidence in the readiness of their product to allow everyone to try a demo on the 9th. Personally I can't wait to try it. It's obvious that Bandai Namco set a release date to beat GT Sport, regardless if this release date was realistic or not and whether the product was ready or not. I blame the publishers though, not SMS. The time constraint was too restrictive for the game ever to be ready and the feeling I get from various snippets from WMD, is that this release date not open to negotiation.

2) I was roped into it by mates too (having not experienced the PCARS 1 debacle because I only bought that about 6 months ago). Given the small issues we had running manual online leagues with PCARS 1 we were all extremely excited by the online championship feature but despite all the promises, announcements and hype from the devs and reviewers, it was not present on release and as far as I can see, not a word has been mentioned since.

3) WMD also admitted they didn't test it before release on the official forum and due to the uproar that created, they deleted the thread and then banned me for starting it and stating sale of goods act.

4) Given all the bugs, many of which players noticed the very first time they came to do something (like for me, simply saving a setup and getting the FFB to work), it's clearly a pre-release beta that has been fraudulently sold as a full release. It's fine to get people to pay for an early access game if it is stated as such but this was not done - as per adherence to the sale of goods act, you can sell something with defects as long as the consumer is made aware of them before sale.

I fully believe SMS will fix all the issues, but I aso fully believe that the game will only be fully functional well after GT Sport is released...

I just wish people would remember there are TWO threads already on here for this topic: bugs and consequent patches. Why must people feel the need to throw down their own soap box and say the same things over and over again?

Just because they made one game on these consoles you think their second attempt will be golden. That's also unreasonable. They're not a huge company. Things will take time to get right. IanBell himself has said he doesn't believe they'll really be knocking on the door of GT until their third or fourth game. But like someone else said, why start leagues Day 1 when we know the issues with the first game. Just enjoy learning the cars and tracks right now and then when things get sorted out you'll be ready for anything.

Given the huge and ever-increasing evidence, it's impossible not to agree with all of that. There are 4 main issues that I understand to be legally dubious.

1) Polyphony have the confidence in the readiness of their product to allow everyone to try a demo on the 9th. Personally I can't wait to try it. It's obvious that Bandai Namco set a release date to beat GT Sport, regardless if this release date was realistic or not and whether the product was ready or not. I blame the publishers though, not SMS. The time constraint was too restrictive for the game ever to be ready and the feeling I get from various snippets from WMD, is that this release date not open to negotiation.

2) I was roped into it by mates too (having not experienced the PCARS 1 debacle because I only bought that about 6 months ago). Given the small issues we had running manual online leagues with PCARS 1 we were all extremely excited by the online championship feature but despite all the promises, announcements and hype from the devs and reviewers, it was not present on release and as far as I can see, not a word has been mentioned since.

3) WMD also admitted they didn't test it before release on the official forum and due to the uproar that created, they deleted the thread and then banned me for starting it and stating sale of goods act.

4) Given all the bugs, many of which players noticed the very first time they came to do something (like for me, simply saving a setup and getting the FFB to work), it's clearly a pre-release beta that has been fraudulently sold as a full release. It's fine to get people to pay for an early access game if it is stated as such but this was not done - as per adherence to the sale of goods act, you can sell something with defects as long as the consumer is made aware of them before sale.

I fully believe SMS will fix all the issues, but I aso fully believe that the game will only be fully functional well after GT Sport is released...

I know they will fix the bugs. I've heard a lot of people especially on the PCARS forum have been kicked for saying anything bad about the game. Few of my drivers actually. That being said I know these things will be fixed. The content blows other sims out of the water.

I just wish people would remember there are TWO threads already on here for this topic: bugs and consequent patches. Why must people feel the need to throw down their own soap box and say the same things over and over again?

Just because they made one game on these consoles you think their second attempt will be golden. That's also unreasonable. They're not a huge company. Things will take time to get right. IanBell himself has said he doesn't believe they'll really be knocking on the door of GT until their third or fourth game. But like someone else said, why start leagues Day 1 when we know the issues with the first game. Just enjoy learning the cars and tracks right now and then when things get sorted out you'll be ready for anything.

I agree maybe I should stop with the complaining. That being said I spent $60 for a game that wasn't tested and if it was it wasn't tested closely. I believe they will fix these issues but to release a game like this is very unprofessional. GT Sport must be thrilled to see what's happening with this game at the moment. I'm a diehard PCARS guy so I'm not going anywhere. I see nothing wrong with making issues known. That's the point of a forum. I can handle a few bugs. That's gonna happen for sure but the amount of bugs is a bit much. I have all the confidence that they will fix these issues.

I disagree. This game has way more bugs in my opinion. The freezing is insane. The online bugs are just insane right now. I know they'll get fixed (hopefully) but this game shouldn't have been released.
Postponing the release would be absolute suicide. Because later on, people will state "LOOK AT THE BUGS OMG!" Yes, there are bugs but we haven't even had a non-day 1 patch yet. Solely going by the length of time, I'd say these issues will be ironed out. They aren't huge gamebreaking issues. Just small annoying ones.

They aren't huge gamebreaking issues. Just small annoying ones.

Some people seem to get plain lucky.

A quick summary on the PS4 the game breaking issues are;

1) Crashing out and/or blank screens at any moment.
2) No front tyre FFB whatsoever, and very weak FFB generally. FX seems to dominate no matter how low you set it. etc. etc.
3) Setup bugs and the random oversteer bug - could be linked.
4) Force disconnects online, unable to join races, races hang in between sessions. Ruining your racing licence rating.
5) Menus slowing down to the point that it can take several minutes to do anything. Deleting profile and career files required for the fix, resetting these aspects to default.
6) Tyre heating broken on many cars.
7) Career mode issues with AI and weather conditions making it impossible to progress.

All of those stop you playing in your tracks or stop you playing career or online, so I would most definitely consider them game breaking!

Postponing the release would be absolute suicide. Because later on, people will state "LOOK AT THE BUGS OMG!" Yes, there are bugs but we haven't even had a non-day 1 patch yet. Solely going by the length of time, I'd say these issues will be ironed out. They aren't huge gamebreaking issues. Just small annoying ones.

Some people seem to get plain lucky.

A quick summary on the PS4 the game breaking issues are;

1) Crashing out and/or blank screens at any moment.
2) No front tyre FFB whatsoever, and very weak FFB generally. FX seems to dominate no matter how low you set it. etc. etc.
3) Setup bugs and the random oversteer bug - could be linked.
4) Force disconnects online, unable to join races, races hang in between sessions. Ruining your racing licence rating.
5) Menus slowing down to the point that it can take several minutes to do anything. Deleting profile and career files required for the fix, resetting these aspects to default.
6) Tyre heating broken on many cars.
7) Career mode issues with AI and weather conditions making it impossible to progress.

All of those stop you playing in your tracks or stop you playing career or online, so I would most definitely consider them game breaking!

When PCARS1 was released League racing was doable. It's not on this game. I understand games have bugs but this game shouldn't have been released. I would have rather them delay like they did the first game. I have full confidence these things will be fixed. I'm just as big a PCARS fan as anyone. Just think they could have done a better job before this was released with the testing.

Didn't Polyphony Digital release their last 2 games unfinished and with bugs? They've got way more money that SMS/WMD.
Again, this is the second in a series. It's only going to get better on their next release.

Didn't Polyphony Digital release their last 2 games unfinished and with bugs? They've got way more money that SMS/WMD.
Again, this is the second in a series. It's only going to get better on their next release.

No disagreement with the fact it'll get better. The issue is this game was released with twice the bugs as PCARS1 and it is rumoured they didn't even test the PS4 version before release. I know these bugs will be patched. Hopefully ASAP.

I am a diehard PCARS racer. I`ve hosted over 200 league races on PCARS1. This game is one of the buggiest games I have ever played. I have spent hours organizing our leagues for PCAR2 and at this point these lobbies aren't ready. SMS, please listen to the people having issues and try to get this patch out ASAP.

- Damage model
- Engine overheating
- HUD screen
- Lobby freezing
- Pit road glitching

I love PCARS and I only mention these things because I want this game to be successful. The content with this game is 2nd to none. The cars look, sound, and drive great. Just need to clean these bugs up.

PLEASE FIX!
I feel your optimism...in 12 months time this game wil be on point.

Back