Disc read error on GT3.......Not good.

Gran Turismo7058

(Banned)
Messages
4,860
Whats up with this?? Help me out, Im need to get this fixed, and BTW it works fine with my other games but it screws on GT3.:confused: :confused: :confused:
 
This was the start of a problem I had a while ago, but it moved onto other games. I opened it up and cleaned the lens with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. but don't do it because I said so. If you open the PS2, you void warranty, unless you know how to beat the system. :)
 
Originally posted by miata13B
This was the start of a problem I had a while ago, but it moved onto other games. I opened it up and cleaned the lens with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. but don't do it because I said so. If you open the PS2, you void warranty, unless you know how to beat the system. :)

I wouldn't do it anyway, its crazy!!!! I think I should take the game back and say its not working.
 
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I first took GT3 back twice for a new one thinking it was the game. It wasnt. Luckily I still had a warranty on my ps2 from EB, so I just took it back to them and got a brand new one. Plays GT3 just fine now.
 
I know. Thats what was happening to me. Only GT3 wouldnt work. Other games played fine.
 
But I have 2 GT3 Disc's. The Red GT3 That Came with the PS2 is working, But the Greatest Hits GT3 is not working. It just works when It wants to.
 
I thought the greatest hits gt3 was red too cuz I'm lookin right at my copy of greatest hits gt3 and its red.
 
Mine has one of the turns from super speedway.
 
yeah, The Greatest Hits I have has a Brake Light and it say GT3 across the Middle.
 
Not mine. I have a blue greatest hits. It has the Acura CL lights (with the spoiler)...
 
Maybe you disc is dirty/dusty or scratched. Try taking out your memory card and then trying you GT3 disc...
 
got the blue one with what looks like thse same tail lights, unsure.
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Acura CL lights (with the spoiler)...

I wish mine had something like that instead of a turn from super speedway.
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Maybe you disc is dirty/dusty or scratched. Try taking out your memory card and then trying you GT3 disc...

No It couldn't be, I Just Bought it yesterday, and today before dinner( First Time Using it ) it was working fine then it just wouldn't read the damn disc.:odd:
 
Originally posted by viper_maniac
I wish mine had something like that instead of a turn from super speedway.

That sounds like the GT2 case :odd: ...

Originally posted by Josh7058
No It couldn't be, I Just Bought it yesterday, and today before dinner( First Time Using it ) it was working fine then it just wouldn't read the damn disc.:odd:

How long have you had your PS2? Try getting a PS2 lense cleaner. Also try calling Sony for assistance...
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm

How long have you had your PS2? Try getting a PS2 lense cleaner. Also try calling Sony for assistance...

SONY'S Phone #########

Where could I get a PS2 Lens Cleaner?
 
Good, there is a Best Buy Near my house.

I'll write that Number and call it tomarrow.
 
I called it and they said just trade in the game. The game is obviously screwed, so I took it back.
 
Back