Disconnected From Network Losing DR [NE-210A10A1]

• Thread starter Kakaboy799
  • 5 comments
Canada
Canada
Does anyone know if there's some sort of Gran Turismo Sport support? I've been at B DR trying to get to A and I had 28322/30000 points, so I'm close but I've gotten disconnected mid race twice. It wouldn't be a big problem if nothing bad would happen after that, but one disconnect (the 2nd disconnection) brought me down from 28322 to 27243.

It's not cool losing 1079 DR twice when they put me through the struggle of winning 700 DR for going 5th to 3rd and a clean race. Mind you, I'm racing against B, A and A+ players which already puts me at a disadvantage but when I do good, they disconnect me.
I get that I'm a B S driver but I don't see why I should have to keep losing DR for absolute ********.

Last edited:
It happens (a lot), you lose SR as well (only 3 points though, but don't get the ups from the rest of the sectors). I was disconnected after a lag bump penalty and dropped to 89 SR into the chaos. Dropped from A/S to B/S. Nothing you can do about it, it will happen again. AT least you don't lose your skill! DR is not that meaningful.

It happens (a lot), you lose SR as well (only 3 points though, but don't get the ups from the rest of the sectors). I was disconnected after a lag bump penalty and dropped to 89 SR into the chaos. Dropped from A/S to B/S. Nothing you can do about it, it will happen again. AT least you don't lose your skill! DR is not that meaningful.
Thanks for the response!

I was getting random connection drops as well. In the first FIA race of this season, I was booted from the race after I earned pole position in the qualifier. It was a triple whammy for me.

Now. Before I start my first FIA race, I'll go to the GT Menu > Options > Network > Delete Temporary Data, then I'll restart the game. It seemed to resolve a lot of the connection issues I was having with online races. If you're having consistent network issues, give it a try.

There, it happened again. Disconnected in the pre race lobby, I didn't even set foot on the track. From 39140 to 38155 DR and from 99 SR to 94 SR. It could have been worse but still 5 to 10 races to get that back.

The worst is when you get disconnected after finishing while waiting for the rest of the field to finish. That still counts as finishing last, lose 5 SR and pay DR to everyone else, even if you won the race. PD don't care :crazy: so I don't either :)

This has been happening since release. On my main account I had as much as 72,000 DR in early 2018. After constant changing of the penalty system causing those with certain internet (me included) to get disconnected from Sport Mode races due to "dirty driving' even when no contact was made whatsoever, changing of how many regions are in FIA events, and continued well documented connection errors on PDs part (as well as many other glaring issues not related to Network stability) my DR was down to about 58,000 by mid 2018 when I decided to retire my main account forever due to these issues not being fixed.
Really about the only way to make this less of an issue is to play on another account where you don't have to worry about ratings. By this point it is clear issues will not be fixed in GT Sport, so there is little incentive to risk the main account to a flawed game.

Back