Disconnecting Problems

• Thread starter Jcatz199
  • 30 comments
United States
Spokane, WA
So I'm racing with a few friends on PS4 and we're having disconnection problems. Anyone else having the same issue or not?

Nope...i just finished a league race online and not a single issue or disconnecting.. Not even a bit of lag..

Our group "Sim Racing Madness " has been having issues. Im on now but have been disconnected multiple times today :banghead:. Yesterday I couldn't get on at all, and fri i was on for a little but only got one race in. Something is definitely wrong with pcars , because i have no issues with other games. Hope this gets fixed quickly:confused:.

Me and a friend had an online session last night. Between us I think we were into the double digits in disconnects. Very frustrating.

Me and all my mates in CRAP group have been having issues for the last week, although this weekend has been much worse, with people being randomly disconnected at any moment, a real pain!

It does appear to be a problem with PSN, as other games have problems too, although PCARS is suffering more than most.

A disappointing weekend with little online racing done. :(

4 people and 7 DCs in a session yesterday. 2 from myself. I had 2 dcs from 4 years of GT in my hosted lobbies beforehand...

More disconnects this weekend, all events that my group planned had to be cancelled due to the problem! A real pain!

More disconnects this weekend, all events that my group planned had to be cancelled due to the problem! A real pain!
I had the same issue yesterday! This time i had issues with all games due to the fact psn was having trouble? Getting on now hoping to get some practice in for our league night.

And PSN update 3.15 that appeared on the 13th of January was meant to improve performance and stability.........

nicholas-cage-reverse-laugh_zps0a0ef8c6.gif

And i have to pay money for this?

And PSN update 3.15 that appeared on the 13th of January was meant to improve performance and stability.........

nicholas-cage-reverse-laugh_zps0a0ef8c6.gif

And i have to pay money for this?
All what sony calls "stability and performance fix" is just for "anti piracy" cause some hackers been able to launch a Linux SO on the PS4..

But they should really have to improve the servers of PSN

All what sony calls "stability and performance fix" is just for "anti piracy" cause some hackers been able to launch a Linux SO on the PS4..

But they should really have to improve the servers of PSN

Yes, i think it's because so many people bought PS4s for Christmas, and in the sales afterwards, that suddenly the PSN servers can't cope with the big increase of use. That's why it's worse at the weekends too, when more people are online.

Yes, i think it's because so many people bought PS4s for Christmas, and in the sales afterwards, that suddenly the PSN servers can't cope with the big increase of use. That's why it's worse at the weekends too, when more people are online.
Yup! But now that the online MP servers on PS4 aren't free like those of PS3 they should make a big improvement... More ps4 sold,more plus subscriptions equal more money... So really no excuse to don't be improving fast the service and server's..

With the new 9.0 update from today we've got even more disconnecting problems...:banghead:

I don't know if it is PSN or the game... But that’s a shame and ridiculous...

Even the bug fix of Silverstone Classic online box issue don't work too :banghead::mad:

Well after 5 or 6 disconnects last night I reset my router and switch and didn't get any more issues ;/ and tonight
after the patch I didn't get any or see anyone else have an issue when I hosted for 2 hours....pheeewww

With the new 9.0 update from today we've got even more disconnecting problems...:banghead:

I don't know if it is PSN or the game... But that’s a shame and ridiculous...

Even the bug fix of Silverstone Classic online box issue don't work too :banghead::mad:

It's PSN @Donnced. Since the last PSN update 3.15 on the 13th of January, PSN and the PS4 have been slow, and disconnecting a lot! Hopefully a new update will be here soon..........

It's PSN @Donnced. Since the last PSN update 3.15 on the 13th of January, PSN and the PS4 have been slow, and disconnecting a lot! Hopefully a new update will be here soon..........
Yup.. But it's becoming frustrating..

I don't now if a system update will fix that or it's is sony that have outdated servers. . Or not enough servers..

Let's wait and see again...

We at Sim Racing Madness had a 16 car grid for 2 of our league races Tuesday night with no issues! I almost fell over :lol:. I noticed Monday night things seemed better, and we ran a bunch of practice races to see how our race night would look. We got the patch about 5 hrs before our races Tuesday :scared:, but all went well, i was truly shocked:eek:. I havent heard or seen any new glitches, but it always seems they fix one thing and three other things get messed up :confused:.

When I try to join a lobby, I keep getting a message "You have been removed from the session".

It happens when I first join the lobby. The lobby info, such a track, other player's cars, and lobby rules, do not load. The game seems to sit there thinking for a minute or two, and then I get the message and get booted back to the main screen.

This only started happening within the last week or so.

Anyone else having similar issue?

When I try to join a lobby, I keep getting a message "You have been removed from the session".

It happens when I first join the lobby. The lobby info, such a track, other player's cars, and lobby rules, do not load. The game seems to sit there thinking for a minute or two, and then I get the message and get booted back to the main screen.

This only started happening within the last week or so.

Anyone else having similar issue?
Yep,it has been happening for 3 weeks.Every weekend. It's an issue between PSN and SMS. A bunch of us tried for hours yesterday, trying private lobbies and online lobbies. No luck. My son played COD for 4 hours,no problem,no disconnects.

Yep,it has been happening for 3 weeks.Every weekend. It's an issue between PSN and SMS. A bunch of us tried for hours yesterday, trying private lobbies and online lobbies. No luck. My son played COD for 4 hours,no problem,no disconnects.
I literally cannot connect to a single lobby right now...

I think the reason us pCARS players are struggling more than, say, FPS players (COD, BF4 etc.) is probably because a racing sim have a lower threshold for lag due to a higher requirement for precision and the complexity of the physics engine. Purely speculation of course.

I think the reason us pCARS players are struggling more than, say, FPS players (COD, BF4 etc.) is probably because a racing sim have a lower threshold for lag due to a higher requirement for precision and the complexity of the physics engine. Purely speculation of course.
Well,whatever it is. I raced about 8 online races today. Until 5:15 EST. Then 🤬 again. I don't get it?:banghead:

Well,whatever it is. I raced about 8 online races today. Until 5:15 EST. Then 🤬 again. I don't get it?:banghead:

Maybe a sudden increase in server traffic? Rumors have it that a presumed large increase in the number of ps4 units over the holiday season haven't been sufficiently compensated for on the server side.

Back