Discussion of the new competition

So when might this take place, if it is going to take place?
Thanks for your question, I have not forgotten about this competition :)

So here's list of rules based on GT5 3.0 with some changes. I need to know your opinion guys.

What you may do to a photo:

•- Crop and/or resize an image.•
- Adjust the level or curve values.•
- Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).• Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain,).•
- Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.• Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).•
- Add noise and/or diffuse glow.•
- Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.•
- Make use of Layer Blend Modes.•
- Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.•
- Remove or modify license plates.•
- Remove the GT watermark.•
- Add a personal signature.•
- Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.•
- Add a vignette effect.

- Artistic filters are allowed; that means green light for lens flares, ghost effects, etc.
- Textures are allowed (Dirt, flares, light leaks, film grain etc.)
- Weather edits are allowed but do refrain from using it onevery single entry you put out.•
- Selective colouring and masking of the car or background is allowed. That means partial replacement of the- background, such as replacing the sky, adding various objects such as stars, clouds, moon etc. is allowed. The idea is that the main part of the image background is not changed.•

-• Large images outside of GT6 are disallowed. This includes complete replacement of the background,placing a whole car into the photo, changing the environment entirely and etc.(e.g. trees, grass).

Editing rules look great. 👍

I was thinking about the multiple games suggestion and the more I think about it the more I like it, admittedly for slightly selfish reasons, as it would allow me to complete.
As it's an edit the same photo comp it means you don't have a GT6 photo going up against a new gen game photo so that scenario is a mute point. It would be up to the winner to choose which game they supplied the photo for editing from and it would be fun to be able to edit shots from different games that you otherwise might not have access to. It would also mean many more people could enter as it wouldn't be restricted to just GT6 players.
The problem then though is that the competition wouldn't really fit in the GT6 Photomode Competition sub forum, I'm not sure where exactly it would fit. Anyway, just my thoughts on that and I do think you should stick to just GT6 to begin with.

Editing rules look great. 👍

I was thinking about the multiple games suggestion and the more I think about it the more I like it, admittedly for slightly selfish reasons, as it would allow me to complete.
As it's an edit the same photo comp it means you don't have a GT6 photo going up against a new gen game photo so that scenario is a mute point. It would be up to the winner to choose which game they supplied the photo for editing from and it would be fun to be able to edit shots from different games that you otherwise might not have access to. It would also mean many more people could enter as it wouldn't be restricted to just GT6 players.
The problem then though is that the competition wouldn't really fit in the GT6 Photomode Competition sub forum, I'm not sure where exactly it would fit. Anyway, just my thoughts on that and I do think you should stick to just GT6 to begin with.
:cheers:

I'm going to move away from the topic of conversation. I think GT5/GT6 pictures are not perfect but they are perfect for editing. I mean that nextgen gamees already have stunning effects. What's the point in the processing of already beautiful images that already have fantastic looking weather effects, reflections and etc. ? The peculiarity of GT pictures, in my opinion, is that everyone has broadest possibilities for editing. And it's one of those things that bring us so much pleasure.

Returning to the topic of conversation, I still think that mainly it is necessary to stick to GT6 but it is possible that we can use pictures from other games, but I don't know how to do it. We could create some kind of schedule, but the problem is that not everyone has all consoles and someone with only PS4, for example, can win competition and in this case everything will be ruined :lol: It is possible to provide choice to the judge to choose next week game and maybe it is the best decision.

The question is very important and I really would like to hear different opinions.

That is a very good point - there is only so much you can do with a DriveClub or Project CARS photo - sure you can certainly improve on the original shot but as you say the scope for creative editing is much more limited than with a GT6 photo. Forza offers better opportunities and you could include the likes of Shift 2 etc even.
In my current situation if I were to enter and win I couldn't supply a new GT6 shot for the next week as I can't run the game at the moment and all my photo archives got deleted from my computer (I think my son accidentally deleted the directory it was in). :grumpy: But if as judge I could choose to supply a DriveClub photo instead I could still compete. (Like I said - selfish reasons). :lol:
At the end of the day of course I just need to get my PS3 fixed - just for now though I have a gaming budget of $0 as I'm trying to get a deposit together for a property. (sick of renting)

As I said I also do think that we should stick to GT6 here. Maybe a multi-platform/game competition could be explored as a separate competition at some point - but I can't really see it happening.

Thanks for your question, I have not forgotten about this competition :)

So here's list of rules based on GT5 3.0 with some changes. I need to know your opinion guys.

What you may do to a photo:

•- Crop and/or resize an image.•
- Adjust the level or curve values.•
- Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).• Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain,).•
- Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.• Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).•
- Add noise and/or diffuse glow.•
- Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.•
- Make use of Layer Blend Modes.•
- Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.•
- Remove or modify license plates.•
- Remove the GT watermark.•
- Add a personal signature.•
- Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.•
- Add a vignette effect.

- Artistic filters are allowed; that means green light for lens flares, ghost effects, etc.
- Textures are allowed (Dirt, flares, light leaks, film grain etc.)
- Weather edits are allowed but do refrain from using it onevery single entry you put out.•
- Selective colouring and masking of the car or background is allowed. That means partial replacement of the- background, such as replacing the sky, adding various objects such as stars, clouds, moon etc. is allowed. The idea is that the main part of the image background is not changed.•

-• Large images outside of GT6 are disallowed. This includes complete replacement of the background,placing a whole car into the photo, changing the environment entirely and etc.(e.g. trees, grass).
Awesome, sounds great!

Latest Posts

Back