Discussion: Oversteer correction assistance.

I know nothing of real life car settings...but is +60 a high amount? Or is there a huge variance in real cars like I'd imagine?

I think for anything but racing cars +0.60 toe is technically overkill.
Roadcars should be less than +0.20 no more and Race cars vary from setup to setup and driver style. Though even then there's really no mass adoption for Toe above +0.50 when you can compensate in better ways.

Though according to tuning forum, how tire physics and how the game simulates cars, In GT6 you're better off running rear toe from -0.05 to +0.08 and no more. Across practically all cars, for the fastest of laptimes.

There also were a few rumours on another site that reverse engineered GT6's code and found the game already built in some +Toe into the cars so to achieve 0(neutral) toe you'd have to set it at -0.15 or -0.10 etc. IIRC

Last edited:
I think for anything but racing cars +0.60 toe is technically overkill.
Roadcars should be less than +0.20 no more and Race cars vary from setup to setup and driver style. Though even then there's really no mass adoption for Toe above +0.50 when you can compensate in better ways.

Though according to tuning forum, how tire physics and how the game simulates cars, In GT6 you're better off running rear toe from -0.05 to +0.08 and no more. Across practically all cars, for the fastest of laptimes.

There also were a few rumours on another site that reverse engineered GT6's code and found the game already built in some +Toe into the cars so to achieve 0(neutral) toe you'd have to set it at -0.15 or -0.10 etc. IIRC

This is really great info, thank you!

Back