Displacement UP

  • Thread starter Thread starter viperfan
  • 28 comments
  • 5,246 views
Messages
90
i would like to know if any body has a list of what cars use the displacement UP. i havent seen one yet.
 
I think it's just the skylines and the Mini cooper that have the displacement increase.
 
The civic does also :) dont think there are any others other than the ones already mentioned
 
yes. wich is INCREDIBLY stupid. I still cant believe that Pollyphony proggramed such an option... ONLY for the ****in skyline. they could 've make it clearer if they called the game Gran turismo: awesome skyline or something like that.

Cano
 
Originally posted by viperfan
i would like to know if any body has a list of what cars use the displacement UP. i havent seen one yet.


:confused:
 
lol Auto__1 you basically just told us you don't understand the question....what it means is....

what cars actually USE the "Displacement" upgrade....in other words, which cars in the game can have their engine displacement upgraded! is that better? lol i find it pretty LAME how they seriously made it a skyline only (almost) option...."displacement" of all things portrayed as a "japanese only" upgrade? lol well the mini isnt japanese, but it's still funny lookin!:p
 
Originally posted by Ducati
lol Auto__1 you basically just told us you don't understand the question....what it means is....

what cars actually USE the "Displacement" upgrade....in other words, which cars in the game can have their engine displacement upgraded! is that better? lol i find it pretty LAME how they seriously made it a skyline only (almost) option...."displacement" of all things portrayed as a "japanese only" upgrade? lol well the mini isnt japanese, but it's still funny lookin!:p

oh ok.....

still have no idea but ah well.
 
:lol: heh your totally devoted to answering questions now aren't ya :lol:
 
Originally posted by Ducati
:lol: heh your totally devoted to answering questions now aren't ya :lol:

that sentence makes complete sense to me, but i still dont understand it... i should stop wearing hats all day. :banghead:
 
The displacement up had the same limitations in GT1 and I think GT2 as well
 
Displacement up can be done on EVOs and Skylines from what i've done.
 
Originally posted by viperfan
i would like to know if any body has a list of what cars use the displacement UP. i havent seen one yet.
that an the intercooler how the fork you get that upgrade ?
 
Me thinks the Truene can be displacement adjusted....
 
Also a reason the option is there, there were more cars you could upgade this way in previous GT games.

Oh and you can add an Intercooler to most (original) Turbo cars. Most likely has to do with the way a engine is cnstructed.
 
Originally posted by Axe_Gaijin
Also a reason the option is there, there were more cars you could upgade this way in previous GT games.

Oh and you can add an Intercooler to most (original) Turbo cars. Most likely has to do with the way a engine is cnstructed.
every time I try to add an intercooler that options not avail whats up wth that ?
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Yes you ;)
You who ?

All I wanted to know is how the heck do you alter the displacement or add an intercooler from setup
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
You who ?
I think my chain just fell off
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
You who ?

All I wanted to know is how the heck do you alter the displacement or add an intercooler from setup

Ohhhh :) I actually thought you were pulling my chain... It is in the same menu where you add N/A tuning, port polish etc. edit: There should be a displacement item somewhere.
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Ohhhh :) I actually thought you were pulling my chain... It is in the same menu where you add N/A tuning, port polish etc. edit: There should be a displacement item somewhere.
was.. but back 2 topic, I've never been able to change Displ... always blanked out yet codes exsist to do that very thing, as weell as add an intercooler... Doesnt compute
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
was.. but back 2 topic, I've never been able to change Displ... always blanked out yet codes exsist to do that very thing, as weell as add an intercooler... Doesnt compute

If you have a skyline you can increase the displacement as well as the other cars mentioned. Intercoolers are also fairly rare but still keep looking eventually you will find a car that accepts it. I have done so but can't remember on what cars.
 
Originally posted by gumpy
If you have a skyline you can increase the displacement as well as the other cars mentioned. Intercoolers are also fairly rare but still keep looking eventually you will find a car that accepts it. I have done so but can't remember on what cars.
If what you say is true then why can you add either with codes an not in settings ?
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
If what you say is true then why can you add either with codes an not in settings ?

Because codes are for cheats.;)

Seriously I will give Polyphony the benefit of the doubt and claim that the cars that don't allow intercoolers via settings in the game either aren't sold with them in real life or are not designed to take them.

I can't explain why the codes are there other than that is the way the game has been programmed and when the program code is cracked you can do many things that are explicitly disabled in the official version of the game.
 
Originally posted by gumpy
Because codes are for cheats.;)

Seriously I will give Polyphony the benefit of the doubt and claim that the cars that don't allow intercoolers via settings in the game either aren't sold with them in real life or are not designed to take them.

I can't explain why the codes are there other than that is the way the game has been programmed and when the program code is cracked you can do many things that are explicitly disabled in the official version of the game.
Same applies to that 7th gear setting, why is it there in settings if there are no trannies with seven forward gears, makes no sense
 
Back