Division 2 December 2022 Season Thread

• Thread starter Skills
  • 55 comments
Wifi is always a downgrade from a wired connection.
I agree. Though my Wi-Fi is more than serviceable.

Attachments

• DB1D1038-4A84-4C3F-9F4F-F2440D7D058C.jpeg
    DB1D1038-4A84-4C3F-9F4F-F2440D7D058C.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
I was seeing major lag issues last night - cars jumping and tires squeeling - and I don't think it was because of my connection. Using Wifi, I was getting 167 mb/s, and when I went hardwired it went up to 329 mb/s - both more than adequate speeds for online gaming.

Was the game host also hosting the YouTube feed? If so, could this have been the issue?

Stop using wifi. That goes for everyone. It's not about the speed. WiFi is very unstable. Packet loss and increased jitter is the real problem.

I don’t normally have issue but if hardwire is required I’m out.. set up in my house won’t allow for nor will the wife approve of me running 150’ lan cable to the game room. Only one place able to put the modem router and it’s directly below the room I game in. I have an expensive set up as is so not worth replacing for one night. I understand the issue tho.. I hosted a night on my wifi with no one lagging so idk but may be more of a server issue

I don’t normally have issue but if hardwire is required I’m out.. set up in my house won’t allow for nor will the wife approve of me running 150’ lan cable to the game room. Only one place able to put the modem router and it’s directly below the room I game in. I have an expensive set up as is so not worth replacing for one night. I understand the issue tho.. I hosted a night on my wifi with no one lagging so idk but may be more of a server issue
No way to route the cable straight down through a penetration in an inconspicuous location like a closet or the like?

Lobbies in GT are P2P which means that we are the server. That's an oversimplified explanation but there is not bank of servers sitting in a room somewhere that collects and routes all of our data during a race.

A hardwired connection will not be a requirement as there is no way to know how anyone is really connected but if you care about the experience of others, you should try everything is your power to optimize your connection.

In an attempt to run a smooth lobby tonight I will refrain from streaming the races to YouTube.
Is there anyone that can stream tonight's racing besides myself?

In an attempt to run a smooth lobby tonight I will refrain from streaming the races to YouTube.
Is there anyone that can stream tonight's racing besides myself?
I normally would be streaming div 2 but against this week I don't have the used car and struggling to justify buying the Daihatsu VGT. $1 million for a car I doubt I will be driving much at all.

Ps. I noticed my DMZ settings were still pointing to my PS4 IP and not PS5. Have updated it for the next time I join

I will not be on tonight. Going to do some racing with son…. He did say he will comeback next week. Dunno why he dropped off the drivers list as part time but he plans to come back

Deleted a couple of posts as the person making the choice should not be making suggestions to others for tracks.

what has everyone been getting for times with the RUF? Just wondering how I’m stacking up based on my time trialing last night. I was sticking around the 1:26s and I think I could rip out a 1:24 fairly well if I can get my marks down more consistently.

The car seems to understeer heavily when breaking and oversteer extremely easily with throttle even when I upshifted coming out of a corner. A true test of throttle control for me on a pedal set that is tough to feel.

Curious if anyone else tried running the RUF on different tires and if so, did you notice a change in handling with different tire grades?

Here is what I experienced.

The car came with Sport Mediums, so ran some laps with these tires. Car was a handful with long braking zones and a real chore to get through the corners. Basically difficult to keep on track. Average lap times of 1:28. With Sport Softs, the car was more predictable averaging 1:26 a lap. Braking was still a bit long but behaved and cornering was decent provided you didn't try too much speed on exit. With Racing Hards, overall more balanced and predictable but still a chance to spin on corner exit if on the throttle too early. Average times of 1:22.5. Stepping up one tire grade at a time gives just a bit more grip, but the car retained the same characteristics. However, with Racing Mediums something new began to happen. The front tires have so much more grip which helps at corner turn in, but grip seemed to increase mid corner and I began spinning mid corner with low to mild throttle. And I was only a second faster than Racing Hards with a time of 1:21.5

Side note:
Here is how much the car's PP increases on each tire. Interesting to see it is not linear.
SM - 662.86
SS - 680.45
RH - 708.20
RM - 720.32

I’m running the pedals that come with the T80 wheel. All plastic and not great but it’s what I have for now so it is what it is.
Also, using the right tires would have helped. Took almost two second off my previous best after switching to the mediums… smh

Back