• Thread starter JamCar0ne
  • 66 comments

JamCar0ne

Premium
United States
Illinois
JamCar0ne
Last edited:
@JamCar0ne you can put me down for back up data as well. Workin' on data for last batch of races now. Someone might want to check my work though. Is there an easier way to get the gaps out of a replay than I what I'm currently doing? It's kinda painful and requiring maths... Thank you Kaz for not putting a timing data screen in the replays.:mad:
:banghead:

@JamCar0ne you can put me down for back up data as well. Workin' on data for last batch of races now. Someone might want to check my work though. Is there an easier way to get the gaps out of a replay than I what I'm currently doing? It's kinda painful and requiring maths... Thank you Kaz for not putting a timing data screen in the replays.:mad:
:banghead:
The easiest way I find is to take pictures of the finish screen. Or broadcast to YouTube and FF to each finish.

Can the PS screenshot the finish screen? Not sure how that works really, since I've accidentally taken some screenshots of various points in single player.

Can the PS screenshot the finish screen? Not sure how that works really, since I've accidentally taken some screenshots of various points in single player.
Press and hold the SHARE button for two seconds and the screenshot will automatically be taken. This is the shortcut to pressing SHARE and then selecting screenshot from the little pop-up menu.

There's also a setting you can change so that just a press of the share button will take a screenshot. I seem to prefer that.

Thanks for taking care of the data this week, Dragon. I don't mind handling the data on weeks I don't race, but feel free to jump in if you have the itch to do it.

Boys, I just got confirmation from Fanatec that my DD Pro bundle has shipped. I doubt it will arrive by Sunday, but my fingers are crossed.
Did it come yet?

GRID LIST - Sunday 1/22/2023
2JamCar0ne@JamCar0ne
2Dragonwhisky@Dragonwhisky (NEP)
2Minigun_Jones@Minigunjones
2Flyingdisc315@Chiochansan
2Malizaghi@Malizaghi
2Track_King47@Track_King47
2cesarr64@cesarr64
2Tex_Hill@TexHill (NEP)
2Smhintzane@Smhintzane
2Skills_19657@Skills
2EvoSpec10@EvoSpecX
2jlbowler@JLBowler (HON)
2TCR_DrPoz@TCR_DrPoz (NEP)
2AlabamaMayhem@AlabamaMayhem (NEP)
2STKSWANN@STKSWANN (NEP)
2x_tecra_x@Tecra
2RizlaTML@FCB-Rizla-TML
2OMG_Raw@Raw10_2u
2turkey_pepp3roni@beefbacon
2McTrucker000@McTrucker

Did it come yet?
Fanatec shipped my order in three boxes via Fedex. The Fedex driver showed up this morning with one small box in his hand. When I told him that I was expecting three boxes he told me, "Not on my truck." He said they'll probably show up tomorrow. So now I have a load cell kit and nothing else.

Fanatec shipped my order in three boxes via Fedex. The Fedex driver showed up this morning with one small box in his hand. When I told him that I was expecting three boxes he told me, "Not on my truck." He said they'll probably show up tomorrow. So now I have a load cell kit and nothing else.
For Pete’s sake.

For Pete’s sake.
My sentiments exactly. Fedex is the worst when it comes to tracking. I have the tracking numbers, but when I look them up on the Fedex app or online it shows that my order is still sitting in California. I showed my tracking numbers to the driver, but he told me that he couldn't perform a search for them - b.s. - and that I would have to call Fedex's 1-800 number if I wanted any help, which is a wasted effort.

This makes no sense. FedEx tracking was saying that my order was still in California, but I received the load cell kit this morning. FedEx tracking didn't change all day, but I just checked it and now it's saying that they just received my order from Fanatec and I can expect to receive it on Thursday.

This makes no sense. FedEx tracking was saying that my order was still in California, but I received the load cell kit this morning. FedEx tracking didn't change all day, but I just checked it and now it's saying that they just received my order from Fanatec and I can expect to receive it on Thursday.
Welcome to Fanatec customer service. I've never read one good thing about it. I suspect it's not FedEx goofin' around.

Welcome to Fanatec customer service. I've never read one good thing about it. I suspect it's not FedEx goofin' around.
I deal with FedEx and UPS on a daily basis, and FedEx has been known to screw up their fair share of shipments.

The fact that FedEx was showing that my order was still in California, but I received the load cell this morning points the finger at FedEx. Otherwise they should have shown it in transit.

Last edited:
I deal with FedEx and UPS on a daily basis, and FedEx has been known to screw up their fair share of shipments.

The fact that FedEx was showing that my order was still in California, but I received the load cell this morning points the finger at FedEx. Otherwise they should have shown it in transit.
Well, that's taking for granted Fanatec actually ordered the pick up of all the boxes at the same time. Doesn't really matter in any case. Good luck with it just the same. Here's to seeing you back on track this Sunday. :cheers:

E976401C-AF15-4303-AD1E-5B237FDE3BCE.jpeg
It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong tonight fellas!

Last edited:
Get it all set up yet?
I had it shipped to my work so the porch pirates couldn't steal it. I got home around 5:30 last night, and I was driving by 7:00 after getting everything mounted and the software updated.

The load cell brake pedal is stiffer than a two peckered billy goat and will take some getting used to - my left leg is going to rival the Incredible Hulk's before long. The stiffness is not what I expected in that I thought that it would emulate a car's brake pedal - easy at first, then stiffer as you apply more pressure. It takes 132lbs to depress the pedal, and none of the reviews that I watched mentioned that the stiffness is there immediately when you apply the brake and stays throughout the entire pedal travel.

Another thing that surprised me was how heavy the wheel is by itself. Some reviewers dinged the wheel for feeling or looking "toy like", but that is not the impression that I have. I was running a Thrustmaster T150 prior to this, and the DD Pro wheel alone probably weighs at least a third or more of what the T150 wheel & base combined weighs.

So far, the FFB of the DD Pro impresses me. I know some DD Pro users have complained about Poliphony specifically reducing the DD Pro FFB for safety reasons, but it's definitely an improvement over what the T150 offered. Several times last night, the car would oversteer, and I could actually feel the tires chattering across the pavement through the wheel. That was something that I never got from the T150.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of DD Pro, and I expect I will become even more impressed as I spend more time with it.

Back