DIY handbrake idea for wheel users

Discussion in 'GT6 Drifting' started by squirlybmx, Feb 19, 2015.

1. squirlybmx

squirlybmx

[​IMG]

So just throwing this out there. It takes a small amount of work but anyone with a decent amount of common sense, a drill, and a soldering iron/hot glue/tape, idk some other stuff should be able to figure it out.

basically this is a skateboard bearing press. Cut out the actual press part and drill two holes on either end. Hook a spring of some sort and when you pull up you'll be pulling against the spring. Somewhere in there either hang the two wires so the contact each other during th e pull or connect a switch of some sort, idk do whatever you want.

I worded that horribly but I don't care. It's an inexpensive ($50ish) idea that I've had for a while but haven't bothered to do yet considering it won't really mount anywhere with my current set up.

This is usually a hot topic with drifting here so I thought I'd give the basis of my idea since most people don't wanna completely fab up their own or spend money on a real hydro then mod it for gaming

Tetsu_X and BayouSimDrifter like this.
  2. Mcrsmokey

Mcrsmokey

Good idea, I was going to make an ebreak but I don't feel the need to use it much. For the amount I use it I'm happy with using a button on my wheel.

3. tori

tori

Remap the handbrake to the left or right analog stick on your controller, find a way to keep your controller somewhere and use that. No money needed, no brain needed, super simple. :)

4. DolHaus

DolHaus

5. tori

tori

DolHaus likes this.
  6. JDM_Tuning_S3OZ

JDM_Tuning_S3OZ

Then you cut off the flat top of the analog stick, and super glue a small tube to the remainder of the analog stick :D. I've had this setup for ages.
    image.jpg

Biller, Tetsu_X and eran0004 like this.
  7. DolHaus

DolHaus

Alternatively you could just use a bigger tube to save ruining a controller

tori likes this.
  8. tori

tori

That works as well I suppose but I was thinking something where you didn't have to spend $50 on a new controller. (Does anyone think they overprice those controllers?)

DolHaus likes this.
  9. JDM_Tuning_S3OZ

JDM_Tuning_S3OZ

Considering half of the buttons haven't worked in months, I didn't ruin it aha.

Edit: Also if it was a working controller, I could always swap the analog stick if I really needed the controller.

Tetsu_X and DolHaus like this.
  10. Tetsu_X

Tetsu_X

upload_2015-2-23_16-36-38.jpeg

I'll do this with my Chinese DS3! :lol:

JDM_Tuning_S3OZ likes this.