DIY handbrake idea for wheel users

• Thread starter squirlybmx
  • 9 comments
United States
New York
XSVterror16
xsvterror16
4134yiD9HYL.jpg

So just throwing this out there. It takes a small amount of work but anyone with a decent amount of common sense, a drill, and a soldering iron/hot glue/tape, idk some other stuff should be able to figure it out.

basically this is a skateboard bearing press. Cut out the actual press part and drill two holes on either end. Hook a spring of some sort and when you pull up you'll be pulling against the spring. Somewhere in there either hang the two wires so the contact each other during th e pull or connect a switch of some sort, idk do whatever you want.

I worded that horribly but I don't care. It's an inexpensive ($50ish) idea that I've had for a while but haven't bothered to do yet considering it won't really mount anywhere with my current set up.

This is usually a hot topic with drifting here so I thought I'd give the basis of my idea since most people don't wanna completely fab up their own or spend money on a real hydro then mod it for gaming

Good idea, I was going to make an ebreak but I don't feel the need to use it much. For the amount I use it I'm happy with using a button on my wheel.

Remap the handbrake to the left or right analog stick on your controller, find a way to keep your controller somewhere and use that. No money needed, no brain needed, super simple. :)

Remap the handbrake to the left or right analog stick on your controller, find a way to keep your controller somewhere and use that. No money needed, no brain needed, super simple. :)

Then you cut off the flat top of the analog stick, and super glue a small tube to the remainder of the analog stick :D. I've had this setup for ages.
image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back