DLC #4 vs. GT6

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 346 comments

DLC #4 or GT6?

• Total voters
Stormtrooper217
I don't understand why people would want GT6 on the PS4.

Maybe they want huge improvments in the physics. Or look at GT6 and 7. I don't know.

Stormtrooper217
I
Now here is one thing that many aren't putting into consideration. PD will end up taking an awful lot of time since GT6 will have tons of new content and improved graphics, almost entirely made from scratch, so wouldn't it be better for PD to make GT6 and milk money with GT5 DLC and GT6 before the PS4 comes out?

I think they don't have to do everything from scratch. They can use the Premium GT5 cars on PS4 again. They already have the Premiums in high quality for the photomode.

And the Engine if they have no time to make a new. Star Wars 1313 use the Unreal Engine 3 and looks like a Next Gen game.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if the PS3 is "well past it", there is so much that could be improved upon in GT5 that isn't hardware-dependent.

Are we playing the console / premier racing title war by saying that the next GT game must be on the PS4? Are we worried that GT6 will, superficially, be just like GT5? I honestly don't give a flying wotsit.
It makes business sense, it makes sense to make up the difference in the reality of GT5 versus the expectation of it (based on "promises", not fantasies), for the fans and for PD's "reputation" and sense of goodwill.

It does not make sense to abandon two years' worth of work to start back on the prototyping phase until they can get a proper handle on the next hardware. And then you're back to platform development, like we were with GT5. I just don't understand why you would create such an unnecessary amount of work when it is not the platform that is at fault with GT5.

I suggest you to pray for GT6 on ps3. There will be no GT6 at the launch of PS4, Gran Turismo requires a sufficient installed-base to be launched, so if you want to play the next gran turismo with the beard and gray hair ...

What "ch3ng" says is not wrong, the cars were designed also thinking the next console, this allows PD to easily do another GT-game on PS3, and to have quickly another one on ps4 and without technical problems, at least one year after the launch:
2012/'13 = GT6 PS3
2014/'15 = GT7 PS4
would be nice :sly:

DLC n4, if GT5 would match the spectation (all premiun cars, decent a-spec, etc) nobody gonna talk of GT6 or even PS4, im not gonna buy another system for at least 2 years.

1241Penguin
Nope. GT4's physics improved dramatically from GT3, right?

I don't care :P

Ask developer. If they have a better hardware they can make far better physics. But this doesn't mean that GT6 can't have a better physics compared to GT5 on the PS3.

Do you know that the hardware runs the physics. too?

Ask developer. If they have a better hardware they can make far better physics. But this doesn't mean that GT6 can't have a better physics compared to GT5 on the PS3.

So how would you know that the PS3 isn't good enough for whatever PD has in mind?

1241Penguin
So how would you know that the PS3 isn't good enough for whatever PD has in mind?

Did i say that? No.

I said developer can deliver a much better physics engine with better hardware.

But that doesn't mean that we can't see a improved physics engine on PS3.

Did i say that? No.

I said developer can deliver a much better physics engine with better hardware.

But that doesn't mean that we can't see a improved physics engine on PS3.
...Which is what I said earlier...
...Which is why I don't understand what prompted your response:

1241Penguin
...Which is what I said earlier...

I though you responded, because you wanted to say that you don't need better hardware to do that and so you can't understand why some people want GT6 on PS4.

And i said you can make better physics on the PS3, but you could make even better physics on PS4, because it has better hardware to calculate those things.

My idea: Maybe some people want a GT6 on PS4, because PD could make some huge improvments the PS3 can't handle?
Physics, graphics and other things.

They built a new physics engine for GT4. With how advanced the PS3 is in comparison to PS2, I don't see them rebuilding another one for the next GT, whether or not it's on the PS4. If they do it, we really won't see GT6 until another 3 years at least. It'll mean they're doing everything over, and since it'll be the 3rd time in a row, I doubt they'll do that. Everything took too much time already to redo it all for the next one.

I'm thinking they had the future in mind when making GT5. Too much time was spent on it for it not to be the base of future GT's. And as we know, GT5 is a monster that likes to destroy PS3's. It killed my FAT PS3. Pretty sure it can mean that the PS3 has to work so hard for GT5 to play that it exhausts itself, then passes out, like a horse would. :dopey:

another_jakhole
They built a new physics engine for GT4. With how advanced the PS3 is in comparison to PS2, I don't see them rebuilding another one for the next GT, whether or not it's on the PS4. If they do it, we really won't see GT6 until another 3 years at least. It'll mean they're doing everything over, and since it'll be the 3rd time in a row, I doubt they'll do that. Everything took too much time already to redo it all for the next one.

I'm thinking they had the future in mind when making GT5. Too much time was spent on it for it not to be the base of future GT's. And as we know, GT5 is a monster that likes to destroy PS3's. It killed my FAT PS3. Pretty sure it can mean that the PS3 has to work so hard for GT5 to play that it exhausts itself, then passes out, like a horse would. :dopey:

Well, GT5p killed my first PS3. Then still unreliable thermal paste and solder killed the replacement 4 years later.

More DLC while they work on GT6, why is that a hard thing? I'd prefer if they brought GT6 on the next generation console as a release or near release title though, PS3 is well past it.

You have to keep in mind with the costs of DLCs. Unless they're free, providing DLCs for that long will eventually pass the cost of what GT6 will cost as a new game. Also, compare the content of the DLCs versus a whole new game.

Then you have start thinking about preserving content. The more content they give away as DLCs, the less they'll have to show for GT6. Unless you want a GT6 game in which you already have most of the cars and tracks, in which you ADDITIONALLY paid for, it's a pretty big deal.

Lastly, there has to be a reasonable gap between DLC support for GT5, and GT6 release. Would you want to buy a DLC pack for GT5, while knowing GT6 is coming in a few month's time? This would tremendously affect on when GT6 will be released. The longer GT5 is supported through DLC or update, the longer we'll have to wait for GT6. In business sense, they would want all focus on the new game, rather than the previous version.

daus26
You have to keep in mind with the costs of DLCs. Unless they're free, providing DLCs for that long will eventually pass the cost of what GT6 will cost as a new game. Also, compare the content of the DLCs versus a whole new game.

Then you have start thinking about preserving content. The more content they give away as DLCs, the less they'll have to show for GT6. Unless you want a GT6 game in which you already have most of the cars and tracks, in which you ADDITIONALLY paid for, it's a pretty big deal.

Lastly, there has to be a reasonable gap between DLC support for GT5, and GT6 release. Would you want to buy a DLC pack for GT5, while knowing GT6 is coming in a few month's time? This would tremendously affect on when GT6 will be released. The longer GT5 is supported through DLC or update, the longer we'll have to wait for GT6. In business sense, they would want all focus on the new game, rather than the previous version.

👍 especially first 1

Latest Posts

Back