DLC Suggestions

United States
Florida
SilvWolf22
As some of you know, I recently made the transition from PS4 to X1. I purchased Forza 6 and am curious what you all think is the best method to tackle the DLC as I'm about 7 months behind the release. So for this I will separate into 2 questions:

1. When is it thought that Forza 7 will be announced? I only ask because I don't see a sense in buying all the DLC if Forza 7 is to be released say 6-8 months from now (sure to have DLC as well).
  2. Since I have the game already, what would be the most cost effective method to get all the DLC?
Thanks for any input :cheers:

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to Forza!
1. Based on previous release schedules, Forza Horizon 3 will probably be announced at E3 this year, and released in the fall of this year. We probably will not see Forza Motorsport 7 until 2017.

2. If you wish to get all of the DLC, then the Season Pass is the way to go. You save a bit of money and get a lot of cars. The only DLC packs not included in the SP are the Fast and Furious pack, the VIP Car pack, and the Top Gear car pack.

Hope that helps!

As some of you know, I recently made the transition from PS4 to X1. I purchased Forza 6 and am curious what you all think is the best method to tackle the DLC as I'm about 7 months behind the release. So for this I will separate into 2 questions:

1. When is it thought that Forza 7 will be announced? I only ask because I don't see a sense in buying all the DLC if Forza 7 is to be released say 6-8 months from now (sure to have DLC as well).
  2. Since I have the game already, what would be the most cost effective method to get all the DLC?
Thanks for any input :cheers:
If it keeps like it's been, Forza 7 should come out late 2017. Forza Horizon 3 should come out towards the end of this year. You don't have to buy the DLC, but you'll be waiting a while yet for the next circuit based Forza.

Car pass is the way to go, it gives you all 6 monthly car packs that were released under the car pass for $30. You basically save $13 if you would of bought them all seperately. You'll probably want that and the Porsche Pack which is $20, but also comes with VIR raceway and variations of it.

1. FM7 likely won't be around until September 2017.

2. Did you purchase the physical copy of FM6? If so, your options are the Car Pass, VIP, F&F, Porsche Expansion, and individual car packs. Head on over to the Car List and scroll down to the bottom of the first post to figure out if the DLC cars (October-March) are really for you or not. If they are, I'd definitely recommend getting the Car Pass.

VIP provides some unique ones (the GT350R being my favourite), but its main perk is faster progression. The F&F pack is sort of neat, but I'd only recommend it if you're a completist or a big fan of the franchise. PEP is a lot of recycled stuff from FM4, but VIR is a great addition, and Porsches are still Porsches.

Thanks again guys! After reading your comments and looking at what each has to offer, I've decided to get the Car Pass and F&F (Because yes I am an enthusiast lol). Will probably pick up Porsche and other packs at a later time.

Again a big thanks!

I agree with the other posts entirely, I have every available car FM6 because it is a phenomenal game. I'm on driver level 1070... so something keeps me playing!

Oddly enough I am toying with the idea of getting a PS4 along with my present XBox One specifically for GT6... I was wondering if you could say how you find FM6 & GT6 compare?

I agree with the other posts entirely, I have every available car FM6 because it is a phenomenal game. I'm on driver level 1070... so something keeps me playing!

Oddly enough I am toying with the idea of getting a PS4 along with my present XBox One specifically for GT6... I was wondering if you could say how you find FM6 & GT6 compare?

If you're looking to get GT6, don't buy a PS4: it's the first Sony system without full physical backwards compatibility. You'll want to grab a cheap PS3 if it's the game you're after.

There's been a few comparison threads focusing on GT6 and FM6:
If you're a wheel player, chances are you'll need a new one for the PS3. If you're a controller player, it might take some getting used to. Due to my role here, I play both every week, and I find FM6's controller optimization (especially how the FFB deals with the loss of traction, as well as the superior triggers) better for my tastes.

If you're looking to get GT6, don't buy a PS4: it's the first Sony system without full physical backwards compatibility. You'll want to grab a cheap PS3 if it's the game you're after.

Thank you for the reply

I am getting the GT's mixed up, I would be getting whatever is on PS4; so that's GT7 I suppose without looking at Amazon

Myself I play on controller as I have arthritis issues. I'd love a proper full set up with wheel, pedals, chair and screen array... but as my real life vehicle is significantly adapted for me to drive I don't think they make a disabled driver version!

Thanks again

Back