Do AI drivers make mistakes?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 16 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
I've spent a lot of time hot lapping and trying to get medals and I've only done one proper race after two practice sessions and two qualifying sessions.

In that time not a single car appeared to make a mistake. There were no yellows or any cautions.

Some of you have actually finished your first career so I'm wondering if you have seen the AI make any mistakes and are there any yellow flags or cautions or safety cars?

I’ve seen them make mistakes followed by yellow flags but I don’t think this game has safety cars
I’ll take what I can get. Thanks for replying

Do you remember if the yellow lasted a decent amount of time and caused drivers to have to slow down or is it like PC2 where it’s mentioned but doesn’t really affect the game?

I've seen cars go off track from racing each other too hard. There was a local yellow in that particular sector but no safety car or anything

I've spent a lot of time hot lapping and trying to get medals and I've only done one proper race after two practice sessions and two qualifying sessions.

In that time not a single car appeared to make a mistake. There were no yellows or any cautions.

Some of you have actually finished your first career so I'm wondering if you have seen the AI make any mistakes and are there any yellow flags or cautions or safety cars?

I have finished the career and I have seen AI drivers make mistakes. These include, running into me (lots), running into each other and running off track. I have been under yellow flag cautions but every time I get to the scene there is nothing to see as the "mess" has already evaporated ;-)

A common place for mistakes is at the start of races especially if you form up around a chicane or very slow corner. A Paul Ricard race was funny as the AI actaully had a multiple car pile up and wedged me in. Another race (same track I think) the AI hit the inside curb at turn 1 and flipped over on top of another AI car :-)

If you want to test how idiotic the AI drivers are, go to Zolder and park your car firmly blocking the the driving line in the second chicane and wait for the AI to come around. The first several cars just plough into you and the ensuing wreckage and try and push you out of the way. Others quit the race and some will actually find a way around.

So yes, they do make mistakes and I do not trust them ;-)

I’ll take what I can get. Thanks for replying

Do you remember if the yellow lasted a decent amount of time and caused drivers to have to slow down or is it like PC2 where it’s mentioned but doesn’t really affect the game?
Didnt last long at all, I saw the incident in front of me and I didn’t really slow down and didn’t receive any penalties for overtaking under yellow.

I did a race at Barcelona in the rain and after the AI jumped over the kerbs the lead car span out straight after and had to catch up before the lights to take its place again.
In fact this happened every time I restarted too.

I was curious about the same thing. I haven't seen them make a mistake yet. I'm starting about 12th each time and can usually make up about 3 or 4 spots before turn 1. But I'm not even seeing any running wide at a turn much less crashing into each other. That might be happening behind me but I haven't seen anything in front of me yet.

I ran behind 3 AI cars through the uphill walled section at Bathurst and 1 of them went wide and hit the wall and span out, which I had to narrowly avoid.

I've also seen them spin out in front of me a couple of times before. They must be affected by contact as I've seen them dart into the pits for what I can only assume is for repairs.

The AI makes for good racing most of the time, although I've also seen them correct themselves in a manner that looks unrealistic, which is odd as they are supposed to be running the same physics as the player car. Pretty sure my car wouldn't react the same way, but overall the AI make this game one of the best racing games I've ever played.

It's so much more fun to race when you know the AI can make mistakes.

I want to see mistakes during the racing not just on the start of a race. That was great to hear about Bathurst

Acc has by far best ai I’ve ever experienced though.
Only had short sprint races so far as I get used to physics but every single time I’ve had best sim race I think I’ve ever had.

If only public lobbies raced as well as ai, though with ai that good I’ve no great desire to race with anything else.

Well done Kunos, you’ve delivered a masterpiece yet again!

Masterpiece? Try the PC version.

I have only done one career race. A few championship. The rest has been online. And I'm guilty of first turn punts from time to time. And on the receiving end too but that about a quarter of my experience. Everyone seems to try to hold their line when side by side. So it's been fun. Won one race.

Masterpiece? Try the PC version.

I have only done one career race. A few championship. The rest has been online. And I'm guilty of first turn punts from time to time. And on the receiving end too but that about a quarter of my experience. Everyone seems to try to hold their line when side by side. So it's been fun. Won one race.
Winning an online race is a big accomplishment. Congrats

Back