Do Published PC System Requirements Need Updating?

• Thread starter BOCBRacing
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
I currently play mostly AC and much less frequently ACC on PS4 and am now ready to make the move to PC.
Although I am confident in using a PC, I am not super tech savvy and do not know much about all of the latest and greatest components.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated keeping in mind that I can spend some money but I am trying to keep things reasonable.
Here is my current plan:
I have a friend who is the IT leader at a larger company and he said to tell him what I need and he will buy the components and build it for me. It was my intent to provide him with the recommended (NOT minimum) requirements for ACC as I figured that since everything I hear about ACC being one of the more taxing games, the gear would run AC and its mods at a high level. Since ACC came out a while ago, I was planning to ask my buddy to upgrade items if cost is not impacted greatly.

Here are the published recommended requirements for ACC:
  • Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Radeon RX 580 8GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Integrated
My bottom line questions are - Will this level machine run AC and all of its mod content at high settings and will I be happy playing ACC on this machine?

Thanks for any thoughts or guidance.

I currently play mostly AC and much less frequently ACC on PS4 and am now ready to make the move to PC.
Although I am confident in using a PC, I am not super tech savvy and do not know much about all of the latest and greatest components.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated keeping in mind that I can spend some money but I am trying to keep things reasonable.
Here is my current plan:
I have a friend who is the IT leader at a larger company and he said to tell him what I need and he will buy the components and build it for me. It was my intent to provide him with the recommended (NOT minimum) requirements for ACC as I figured that since everything I hear about ACC being one of the more taxing games, the gear would run AC and its mods at a high level. Since ACC came out a while ago, I was planning to ask my buddy to upgrade items if cost is not impacted greatly.

Here are the published recommended requirements for ACC:
  • Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Radeon RX 580 8GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Integrated
My bottom line questions are - Will this level machine run AC and all of its mod content at high settings and will I be happy playing ACC on this machine?

Thanks for any thoughts or guidance.
Assuming that you are looking at 1080P then yes it will.

My PC is (in comparison to ACC's recommended) a little better in the CPU department (i7 vs i5), exactly the same in RAM, and a little lower in the GPU department (1660ti 6gb vs 1070 8gb - on paper, in reality the 1660 is slightly ahead on most benchmarks) and have no issues with ACC at 1080p. I've not encountered any issues running any mods on AC either, again running 1080p and most things maxed out I hit 60fps+ with no issues.

My end results with AC

And with ACC

Last edited:
Assuming that you are looking at 1080P then yes it will.

My PC is (in comparison to ACC's recommended) a little better in the CPU department (i7 vs i5), exactly the same in RAM, and a little lower in the GPU department (1660ti 6gb vs 1070 8gb - on paper, in reality the 1660 is slightly ahead on most benchmarks) and have no issues with ACC at 1080p. I've not encountered any issues running any mods on AC either, again running 1080p and most things maxed out I hit 60fps+ with no issues.

My end results with AC

And with ACC

Thank you for taking the time to respond and yes, 1080p was a correct assumption.
I now feel much more confident going forward given your experience and position here.
Thanks again!

I run AC and ACC using Ryzen 5 3600x with an RX5700 card on a 32” 1440p monitor. On AC i get 130fps avg maxed settings 1440p. On ACC I’m not “maxed” settings but everything is high settings and avg 75fps. My only complaint is the FPS shown in the rear view mirror isn’t as clean looking as i would prefer but the system runs solid.

I have a RX580, it struggles hard over triple monitors (ACC).... I guess a single screen would be sweet as but if you ever want to upgrade to triples you'll definitely need more power to get any kind of decent settings/fps.

This is what i got a couple of months ago.

Pricey but i can run ACC in 4k with everything on Epic except fog and shadows on medium i think. I average 80-100 fps playing online.

RAM SPEED matters!!!!!! 3600mhz or above is recommended. 16gb is enough. Just get higher speed sticks and make sure to run them in dual channel. Or else you're wasting free performance

Screenshot_20210422-104949_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the original list, 50gb storage is for the game. You obviously want a lot more than that. Like a 1tb m.2 SSD, or a 250 GB SSD + 1TB HDD (bit cheaper), mininum

Last edited:
RAM SPEED matters!!!!!! 3600mhz or above is recommended. 16gb is enough. Just get higher speed sticks and make sure to run them in dual channel. Or else you're wasting free performance

Does it though? Or would that just be for your setup, as you’re running it in 4K? Genuine question.

My motherboard (old now to be fair) won’t let me go above 2400mhz with my 3200mhz Corsair RAM. I’ve got to a point now where I get only very occasional stutter but every now and then it can be a full blown lock up for a second. Not good in a corner!

Just seen so much conflicting info on RAM speeds in terms of game performance.

Does it though? Or would that just be for your setup, as you’re running it in 4K? Genuine question.

My motherboard (old now to be fair) won’t let me go above 2400mhz with my 3200mhz Corsair RAM. I’ve got to a point now where I get only very occasional stutter but every now and then it can be a full blown lock up for a second. Not good in a corner!

Just seen so much conflicting info on RAM speeds in terms of game performance.

If you look up jaystwocents on youtube he does a good video on ram speed as well as running dual channel.

It should help in all scenarios

You need to enable the xmp profile of your ram (in your bios) in most cases to use the full speed. Most are set to 2400mhz or something similar by default. I had to do this when i built my computer.

Last edited:
If you look up jaystwocents on youtube he does a good video on ram speed as well as running dual channel.

It should help in all scenarios

You need to enable the xmp profile of your ram (in your bios) in most cases to use the full speed. Most are set to 2400mhz or something similar by default. I had to do this when i built my computer.

Seen a few of his videos.

That’s the trouble though, as soon as I enable my 3200 XMP profile my PC won’t boot. I’ve tried manually doing it and the most I can go up to that’s stable is 2400mhz. The BIOS is updated to the latest firmware although (motherboard is an ASUS Z-170A). I may just not have the motherboard for it?

That’s the trouble though, as soon as I enable my 3200 XMP profile my PC won’t boot. I’ve tried manually doing it and the most I can go up to that’s stable is 2400mhz. The BIOS is updated to the latest firmware although (motherboard is an ASUS Z-170A). I may just not have the motherboard for it?

Thats probably as far as my computer knowledge goes. Never delved too far into it beyond that honestly. I made sure when i built mine that motherboard supported overclocking etc. Im sure there are some guys in the tech section that can help you more.

Thats probably as far as my computer knowledge goes. Never delved too far into it beyond that honestly. I made sure when i built mine that motherboard supported overclocking etc. Im sure there are some guys in the tech section that can help you more.

No worries. Spent a whole weekend testing various things out. 2400 was the max so, like you, my overclocking knowledge is limited so have just left it there. 2400mhz is better than 2133mhz anyway!

At least it's a little bit of a bump.

No worries. Spent a whole weekend testing various things out. 2400 was the max so, like you, my overclocking knowledge is limited so have just left it there. 2400mhz is better than 2133mhz anyway!

Back