Do the softness or hardness of tires really matter? (besides Endurence Races)

  • Thread starter Thread starter SALEEN_S7-GTR
  • 6 comments
  • 922 views
Messages
322
Messages
SALEENS7GTR5
Most races are no longer than 20 laps, and I never experience tire wear. Does the softness really matter?:confused:
 
Soft tires grip the track better. I notice a big difference between racing soft and racing hard tires when I'm taking corners as fast as I can.
 
What I mean is, with the exception of endurence races, will using softs cause me to change tires? (NO ENDURENCE)
 
Nope it will not unless you are using B-Spec on one of the longer races (extreme series or higher). In those races, its best to use more durable tires.
 
I find the soft tyres last longer than hard tyres. Either a bug or because the soft tyres don't spin so much as they have more grip. Depends how aggressive the car is being driven and if it's standard or tuned.
 
Back