Do you know some strange company names

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vince_Fiero
  • 60 comments
  • 9,824 views
Beaver Liquor.

I win?

It's located on Beaver St, and you guessed it sells liquor...
 
I live near Menlove Avenue, so there are plenty of businesses with "Menlove" in their name around here. Like Menlove Salon, Menlove Pets, Menlove Beds etc.

I used to deal with a Quality Assuenace company in Seatle called "Testing Testing 123", which made me laugh EVERYTIME I rang them (I blame the fact that the time difference meant it was the middle of the night for me when I was ringing them).
 
An indian restaurant in Weybridge surrey is called The Gaylord.
 
It's not a company but Phuket is a funny name, given that in England, a 'ph' is pronounced as an 'f'.

As for companies, hairdressers are an absolute goldmine. I've seen Hair Expectations (Dalston), Short 'n' Curlies (Uxbridge)... And many others I can't remember.

It also seems like Chinese restaurants have regional names, which is weird. Near here there's the Blue Dragon, Dragon Garden, Rice Garden, Lots of Rice and... Well, Hong Kong Kitchen, but I was in Southampton a while back and saw Top Wok, Super Wok and other Wok-based names.

Oh and Computer Entertainment Exchange, known as CEX. I'm sure they chose that over CEE for a reason.
 
We have a small cereal company here called Holy Crap!
 
Pschitt was major lulz on school trips to France. nice drinks though not that it was bought for content.
 
I was gonna post kidsexchange but I think someone already did.
It's beyond me how this name ever got approved.
 
A place near my house was hosting a "Kids exposition" but on the sign it was written with no spaces...
 
Aperture Research.

No, I am not joking.

http://www.apertureresearchinstitute.com/

ApertureResearchInstitute.PNG


Aperture-Science-Logo-300x80.png
 
My partner came with the "french connection UK" brand, she states she generally reads the letters in a different way, that would mean ****:

fcuk.gif
 
Penisland

The best place to get custom pens on the internet.

</thread>
 
Umm, there's a factory here named HEAD and beside it is another factory belonging to Pfizer.....I thought it was a funny coincidence.
 
I got a particular giggle from the spectacular lack of planning when Pen Island & Speed of Art set up their websites. :ouch:

http://www.penisland.net/
http://www.speedofart.com/

:rolleyes:

I could not stop laughing at this...

Anyway, I recently went past a small shop in a small village claiming to be the 'home of the oblong egg.'

Oh, and Ford recently introduced some new technology called Ford Active Grille Shutter. Abbreviate it...
 
It's not funny, but there was a Japanese company name that I could not figure out for the life of me(I am Japanese). That of course was until the invention of the internet(j/k don't take that literally).

Kyocera - Was originally known as Kyoto Ceramics.

Duh. Now I gotta go look up Konica. What the heck is Konica!?
 
You kind of have to see the episode, and it's not a real business, but in the show South Park there's a restaurant called City Wok, but like I said you have to see the episode to enjoy the name.
 
Jeremiah weed
 
On the South Park thing. It wasn't really a company, but there is Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls.

All the others I can think of have been mentioned already.
 
While watching Americas funniest home videos I saw "The Outhouse Fudgery" lol and lol at Manlove forensics from Top Gear
 
The one I always think of is a restaurant I saw on the Outer Banks of North Carolina on a road trip several years ago... Dirty Dicks Crab House
 
p1060157.jpg

Booty sweat.

Plus, there's a restaurant near my local gas station, named Yung Ho.
 
In Vegas mall there are 2 company's -PETER LIK- and -ASSOULINE-

Not sure, but I hope they aren't restaraunts.
 
Double-entendre heaven.

crabby-dicks.jpg
 
Not the companies name, but Sriracha sauce is also called Cock Sauce(don't google that without safe search).

cocksauce.jpg
 
Back