do you own a giantkiller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter neil1280
  • 41 comments
  • 3,920 views
i was always told its not the car that beats someone its the person behind the wheel
 
Civic SiR-II. Small, light, fairly quick in a variety of power trims, and tucks into corners nicely with a bit of lift-off.

i was always told its not the car that beats someone its the person behind the wheel

That should be the case, but sadly, it's not always so in some people's eyes. There's always an excuse, and it's rarely because the other driver was just better at a given time.

On a rare day where I was reasonably quick, someone in a Cusco Impreza '08 said my NSX Type R '02 only won a 1-lap Nordschleife race because I had an almost 50hp advantage over his 2nd-place car. As great as the NSX is, I should have lost handily... especially on that track and against that car. We'll just ignore that fact that the replay showed he couldn't keep the car on the track.

Were I the one in the Cusco, and they in the NSX, I'm sure I only would have won because I was in a race car.
 
just found another giant killer, a tuned peugeot 106 can beat V6 clios and V8 esprits :) fun

Interesting! I just picked up a Peugeot 106 Rally at the dealer because it looked like a promising medium BHP tuning candidate. Glad to know it wasnt such a bad idea.
 
I have a fully upgraded Honda Oddissey that I used to win the Japanese Championship with. I had to use the chrome horn a few times, but managed to win from souped up Supras, WRXs and Evos :-)
 
the zz-II cost only 40k or something, but has an incredible power/weight ratio, born stock it beats fully tuned LP560
 
How about the Suzuki GSXR? With a few bits of tinkering it's faster than a fully tuned Lambo 640 around the High Speed Ring!!
 
Interesting! I just picked up a Peugeot 106 Rally at the dealer because it looked like a promising medium BHP tuning candidate. Glad to know it wasnt such a bad idea.

The little 106 Rallye is a great handling car, really good fun to drive and pretty capable.

It'll keep up with a GT-R around trial mountain in the PD cup, probably faster with a better driver!
 
My Subaru Legacy 2.0GT specB WAGON. Modest tuning with roughly just 400HP but lightened to the max, it's up there with lambos and ferraris driven by average drivers. It surprises people in the corners, obviously with some disadvantage on the straights but with proper blocking, I can frustrate people.
 
My VW polo that I beat audi R8's and AMG mercs in one of the earlier races.
 
i was always told its not the car that beats someone its the person behind the wheel

Do the experts bet on horses or jockeys?
 
I saw it mentioned here somewhere, but my Buick GNX fully modded makes about 620hp, and I've used it to beat many a ricer with it in drags on ss7, that and my Chevy silverado sst concept, fully tuned/modded makes over 900hp, still a bit on the heavy side but once it gets going she really ***** and gits.
 
this doesnt count but...
Countach Green Audi RS6 w/ spoiler and fully tuned at 910hp. 4WD and a wagon.

This Counts though..
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V '98
Hemi Orange
487hp/391ft-lb
1323kg
4WD, and of course a Spoiler.
This car is fantastic to drive and is alot faster than everyone believes it to be. and it is also a WAGON! and in an extremely annoying color.
 
Back