Do you own a GT6 car?

• Thread starter maxskuk
  • 28 comments
I own a Volvo 240 (the 2 litre, not the 2.3 that GT6 has).

It's very difficult to say whether the game is realistic because I have never driven the real-world car in the way that you would on Gran Turismo. Very few people can drive a car in real life like they do in a racing game. One thing I can say though, is Gran Turismo has no sense of speed. At 70mph, the Volvo 240 in real life feels fast (simply because it's so far from anything sporty). It also leans in the corners more in real life.

Driving the real thing is much more fun, though.

Gran Turismo feels realistic, and gives a rough idea of what my car might behave like on the limit, but beyond that, I can't say much.

hi @lbpomg95.
I own an Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS '01 (150 CV).
Unfortunately I never had the chance to "push" it as I would, and I did, on GT6.
Some "relaxed" laps at Tsukuba, or any other city circuits gave me the feeling that:
  • the sound in GT6 is not even close to the the "music" of it!
  • in GT6, imho, there is much more understeer than the real thing
Would be nice to meet in some lobby to have a ride...

hi @lbpomg95.
Unfortunately I never had the chance to "push" it as I would, and I did, on GT6.
Some "relaxed" laps at Tsukuba, or any other city circuits gave me the feeling that:
Sorry, haven't played GT6 in quite a few months now. I agree on the sound though. Even a rickety old 2 litre 4-cylinder Volvo can sound exciting but in GT6 it sounds very generic and boring.

Not a great fan of the rain-catcher exhaust, but to each their own. Nice car otherwise!

And this is my car. One of them anyway.

2017-02-04 14.58.23.jpg

2017-02-04 15.00.06.jpg

hi @lbpomg95.
The Alfa 147 is not in GT6.

For some very odd reason the old 240 takes the lead as the most common choice here. I've had this one for over nine years, a '92 with what should technically be the same powertrain as in the game, a B230F engine and a M47 manual gearbox.

240_030814.jpg

For some very odd reason the old 240 takes the lead as the most common choice here. I've had this one for over nine years, a '92 with what should technically be the same powertrain as in the game, a B230F engine and a M47 manual gearbox.

240_030814.jpg
Very nice. Mine is a '92 with the B200F and the M47!

I own a 2nd gen MR2, the 91 model, not the earliest model in GT6 (which is 97 i think), so technically it isnt in the game. but i have tried the no turbo version of the mr2 in game (tuned to match my mr2's specs) and it is in no way similar to the real thing, its way stiffer irl than it is ingame, then again i havent really messed with the settings.

I used to drive a Fiat 500 (1.4, 100 hp, more powerful than the 1.2 one present in GT5 & 6). Well... can't say how similar the game one is, never drove it on a race track. :sly: However, my real 500 felt better on acceleration, because of the engine power I guess. Also, the one in GT is right-hand drive and has different interior trim.

Also had a test drive of Ferrari F430. Same thing, never pushed it to the limit, but the acceleration feels similar. However, the suspension of the real one felt stiffer than in the game. But that's probably because I never tried turning with maximum lateral G-force.

...I'd like to spend some of my GT6 credits on my Alfa....not much...just a 100.000? not the engine, but drivetrain...suspension...transmission...

Is it really that heavy like in the game?
Oh christ no. Isn't something like 1890kg in the game? Utter bollocks. It feels big and brutish but it doesn't feel massively heavy in real life.

The heaviest 240s in the day (and this is the 260 version with the 2.7 V6) were around 1450kg. Basic 2-door coupes were about 1250kg and my 2 litre estate is somewhere in the middle.

I plan to buy a C6 Z06 in the next few years. The C6 is by far my favorite Corvette ever made and my dream car to own has always been some kind of Corvette, so a C6 Z06 is the pinnacle of cars to me. Used to like the ZR1's more, but less displacement and a supercharger don't get me going. I want more displacement with twin turbos, heads, and cams.

The heaviest 240s in the day (and this is the 260 version with the 2.7 V6) were around 1450kg. Basic 2-door coupes were about 1250kg and my 2 litre estate is somewhere in the middle.

I used to own the 265GLE and loved it but man, it was thirsty. It struggled to get 20mpg and that dropped a lot more on wet roads as I couldn't resist stepping the rear out on roundabouts. It was like power sliding a ship.:lol:

I used to own the 265GLE and loved it but man, it was thirsty. It struggled to get 20mpg and that dropped a lot more on wet roads as I couldn't resist stepping the rear out on roundabouts. It was like power sliding a ship.:lol:
I average 25mpg in mine. I'd love to hear what one of those PRV engines sounds like.

Mine had a surprising rumble to it but then again, what engine wouldn't with a bonnet that size? Strong engine low down but it was an overdrive gearbox. Very comfy ride.

Mine had a surprising rumble to it but then again, what engine wouldn't with a bonnet that size? Strong engine low down but it was an overdrive gearbox. Very comfy ride.
Mine uses the weaker M47 5-speed manual - mind you I prefer a proper extra speed. Mine is one of those engines that just pulls (albeit rather slowly) and keeps pulling. It's like an undying slow burn that doesn't stop. As the revs rise it just steadily gets more power and keeps pulling.

Back