Do you remove your "friends" if they don't remote race?

• Thread starter balsaq
  • 84 comments

Do you remove none-racers?

• No racing? No friend

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • Not yet, but intending to

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • I have no friends

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
lemonsausage
Since the remote racing feature, I'm sure most people's psn friends lists have exploded in size.

Title really says it all. Do you get rid of people on your friends list who don't appear to be racing your bobs?

If you do, how do you usually work it out and do you give people a certain time period before removal?

I haven't yet, but I'm considering starting removal of none racing friends and have started a list of people who are being active.

One trouble I see is that once the honeymoon period is over, I can see a dramatic slump of racing friends once people get bored or certain apps get blocked etc.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Not 100% sure yet, but I think you're right about the honeymoon period.

I've only just got into it, and realised I can host whilst at work, so today I'm trying to host as much as I can. but I'm not going to leave my PS3 on all day long every day. I may do a whole day of hosting once a week and then maybe a couple of nights a week.

The main reason I host is that I run it from my second account, so I can run all my main account Bob's (just to keep my main account seperate) and then fill it up with 10 other Bobs. Purely for the money and XP.

I have removed a few that promised to race. They have not even hosted a race but have all their Bobs online.

I've got a spreadsheet showing how many times each of my "friends" has used a driver of mine. I always pay back that same amount at least daily, & then run another hour or 2 of random races. I havnt removed anyone yet but there are people on my sheet who havnt raced me in 4 days (since I started it). If they don't race me by tomorrow I think I'll start purging.

Feel free to add me if any of you are like-minded. PSN Blue2moro

I have removed a few that promised to race. They have not even hosted a race but have all their Bobs online.

You are a good race partner... I can host at work since I am at my desk all day.... Monday-Thursdays I will race a lot to make up for almost no remote on week-ends... I have a couple friends that will be removed if they do not race between now and Monday so I can add some others.

I've got a spreadsheet showing how many times each of my "friends" has used a driver of mine. I always pay back that same amount at least daily, & then run another hour or 2 of random races. I havnt removed anyone yet but there are people on my sheet who havnt raced me in 4 days (since I started it). If they don't race me by tomorrow I think I'll start purging.

I will add you tonight... there will not be must from me until Monday as far as racing

I'll start keeping track as well from now on, will add you Blue2moro.

I've not removed anyone, but I do have an order to the way I setup the grid for my races.

If you frequently put a lot of my Bobs in to races then you get as many of your drivers added to the grid as possible (leaving one driver incase you need to start a race).
If you use my Bobs frequently, but not adding as many Bobs as possible, then you get your Bobs added next and so on until those that never use my Bobs fill in any spaces on the grid, which to be fair is almost never.

Using the above method means that by default I'm not helping those that are not helping myself.

When I reached my 100 friend limit I had to weed out some that were not racing my Bobs - hosting races should be reciprocal in my opinion :)

Only one friend on my gt5 friend list have bothered with remote racing so need to bump it up a bit.

Please feel free to add me and will host races myself to help your bobs.

PSN: mrlittle77

By the way once I've run my manual races, to pay back those that have raced me, I use the automated bot Yonis has developed on these forums to run some automated races. Shares out extra races fairly to all friends & means I can get on with other stuff.

I'm definitely gonna clean-up my list as most people don't seem to host races.

Anyone, feel free to add me, psn: keptang.

My PS3 will host races at least 12 hrs/day. :)

I've been removing quite a few friends who haven't raced my bobs as well. It Just clogs up the friends list, and increase the loading time when adding drivers to a race.

I keep track and will put no-hoster on a one week grace period. I host at least a few times weekly (each time fully bot automated for several hours) so if u can't spare a race for me weekly, I may as well go for people who r more appreciative.

ledhed444 psn ID --I removed those that just leave Bobs up to collect credits and dont run races--if your 6 bobs are available and your online for 4 hours I am running races then I get the impression your not interested --with so players who DO use my Bobs it seems unfair if I joined you for B-spec--to leave you on while others willing to race are begging for spots--so yes I take off inactive B-spec friends if they are not running guys .

At this point in game --The seasonals and time trials are getting done then --its all b-spec racing --since I place cars online to help others get historic race and some other difficult things done --like ferrarri F-1 seasonal --it just makes sense to optimize the races 16 spots with those that are using your B-spec guys ...it just seems fair as you get way more friends than spots to race .

^^ exactly! I also share Toyota 7 for historic cup along with F GT & 4 uber tuned cars for seasonals. So if people are not running my guys I will start culling!

I might need to remove a few people who aren't running races (I haven't checked if anybodies doing this yet) but my friends list is so full of B-specers it's hard to fit everybody in so deleting a few would help because I try to race everybody on there.

I will start to purge people however today i have purely been doing tests on my spare acc to find out what ways are best to make you all money :P

ypmud
I will start to purge people however today i have purely been doing tests on my spare acc to find out what ways are best to make you all money :P

Yeah, I don't think I'll be deleting you mate. You've earned me ... Drumroll ... £490k in 6.5hrs of our testing! Hoo-ha! I may even buy you a car if ur lucky! Any preferences (& don't say something stupid like F2007 or X1!! :)

I've had a look through other people's remote race results and a few people haven't even bothered to do 1 race yet, they'll go on my hit list and will be deleted if they don't do anything in the next few days...

I removed only one when I found out he never has started any remote race but has 95 friends 👎
I don't mind alternate accounts that never starts a race but only if I know who the main is.

One interesting point I noticed from another thread is if a decent remote racer (who hosts frequently) somehow has no ability to host anymore. For example if they are away on holiday or internet troubles etc.

For those who are pretty precise in removing friends who don't race, how are you going to deal with these? Or just class them as collateral damage?

Btw, for those who are posting their IDs and thanks, can you please keep that to their respective threads. This B-spec forum is becoming flooded with psn ids and the like...

I give everyone 1 week and I keep a list of how many times they drive my bobs.

If they haven't raced my bob in that time, or they did but only once or twice, I remove them.

It's not that I care so much, it's that the friend limit is only 100 so I'd rather remove those who don't do anything.

Back