Do you think GT 7 will fully support PSVR 2 on PS5? (Poll)

• Thread starter Klik
  • 12 comments

Will GT7 fully support PSVR 2?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Denmark
Denmark
PSVR 2 is probably coming next year. I really hope its gonna fully support GT7, in both singleplayer and online.

Honestly playing in VR is sooo much more immersive. You feel like you're actually in a car on a track.

I think not. It would be nice but this is Kaz. They will push the boat out graphically and then you won't be able to make the frame rate match the requirements for VR. Just a suspicion though.

The difference in power between the base PS4 and the PS5 makes a GT7 version at 90fps and stereoscopic vision totally feasible just by maintaining the graphic load of the PS4 version. So maybe it doesn't have Ray Tracing or all the bells and whistles but it would look weird if it didn't include a full VR mode and also a 120fps mode.

Also as leaked, PSVR 2 will have pupil tracking for foveated rendering. This technology will allow developers to render the area that we are looking at in high resolution and reduce the resolution in the peripheral areas, freeing up computing power, so it is expected that the graphic quality of the games for PSVR2 will be much more similar to the normal ones of PS5.

https://uploadvr.com/psvr-playstation-4k-eye/

The difference in power between the base PS4 and the PS5 makes a GT7 version at 90fps and stereoscopic vision totally feasible just by maintaining the graphic load of the PS4 version. So maybe it doesn't have Ray Tracing or all the bells and whistles but it would look weird if it didn't include a full VR mode and also a 120fps mode.

Also as leaked, PSVR 2 will have pupil tracking for foveated rendering. This technology will allow developers to render the area that we are looking at in high resolution and reduce the resolution in the peripheral areas, freeing up computing power, so it is expected that the graphic quality of the games for PSVR2 will be much more similar to the normal ones of PS5.

Yep, foveared rendering is gamechanger for VR

I think for PS5 VR mode with 60fps and 1080p or another option to pick PS5 no VR mode with 1080p 60fps and ray tracing.

On ps4 only 1080p 60 fps without VR and Ray tracing

Hi guys. Well we didn't get any information for the PSVR2 yesterday, but if you guys had to speculate and take a wild guess, would you say GT7 will be fully compatible with the PSVR2?

Furthermore, when in your opinion, do you suppose the PSVR2 will launch? Do you suppose it will launch before or after GT7?

I honestly don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement if they announced that GT7 is launching alongside the PSVR 2 and it will be fully compatible with it. If that happens, I think I'm going to explode and not survive LOL! :dunce::scared:

I'm really hoping for a Full VR support on the PS5, and I think it is a realistic hope. Surely not expecting it on PS4 though.

Given that there is hardly any info on PSVR2 yet, I think it's unlikely it will launch in Q1 2022, my bet would be a Q4 release, aiming for the holidays perhaps.

Kaz has in the past stated that VR was a focus for them, when he was asked how to allocate the PS5 beefy power compared to the PS4, so I really hope to see a full VR support for GT7.

In a, albeit old, interview, Kaz states VR is a focus when it comes to the added power of the PS5. See here.

“The first thing that’s going to be affected by more power is VR,” says Yamauchi. “I don’t think that there’s anything else that requires that much processing power. I really like VR; I’m one to believe in the possibilities of it, and it’s very suited for a driving game.”

I honestly don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement if they announced that GT7 is launching alongside the PSVR 2 and it will be fully compatible with it.
Only if GT7 gets delayed :lol:

But there's still questions about PS4, do they ditch the og PSVR and only work on PSVR2. Will it be DLC since GT7 supposedly comes out in March or maybe the do a standalone VR game when PSVR2 launches

GT has been pretty unafraid of locking or partially implementing features. Hopefully in this case it just means that they do full support in PS5 even if that means sacrificing PS4....

Half-assing VR would suck a lot again. And being able to natively fully implement VR with a console racing game would be a great way compete against PC where its still sort of a barrier of entry with the need for powerful machine...

I'm really hoping for a Full VR support on the PS5, and I think it is a realistic hope. Surely not expecting it on PS4 though.

Given that there is hardly any info on PSVR2 yet, I think it's unlikely it will launch in Q1 2022, my bet would be a Q4 release, aiming for the holidays perhaps.

Kaz has in the past stated that VR was a focus for them, when he was asked how to allocate the PS5 beefy power compared to the PS4, so I really hope to see a full VR support for GT7.

In a, albeit old, interview, Kaz states VR is a focus when it comes to the added power of the PS5. See here.

“The first thing that’s going to be affected by more power is VR,” says Yamauchi. “I don’t think that there’s anything else that requires that much processing power. I really like VR; I’m one to believe in the possibilities of it, and it’s very suited for a driving game.”
thanks for the reply. Wow, I didn't know he said that. That is certainly encouraging to hear. Well we'll have to wait and see what happens and hopefully PD will deliver on this front.

Back