Do you think GT7 is a better game than GT5/6?

• Thread starter shenfrey
  • 163 comments
I play GT7 during the week and GT6 on the weekends. GT7 is better in every way except the “fun factor “ and GT6 doesn’t have that stupid CRB. Love the cars and tracks in GT6

Just bought GT7 recently. Playing it with a G29. I played a lot of GT5 and GT6. Used the DFGT with those two games.

GT7 is definitely a step up from GT5/GT6 in that the physics are on a whole other level. I played GT5 and GT6 a lot mainly because it was a good mix of simulation and arcade. GT7 seems to lean heavily into the simulation side. I turn all assists off, and there seems to be almost no room for error. Whereas with GT5 and assists off, you could get away with a lot more. I'm finding the PS5 controller is absolutely amazing with this game. It's like it has it's own force feedback in the triggers. I'm on the fence with using the G29 with it honestly. I'm finding the controller to be real immersive and a whole lot of fun.

I've only had it for a few days. Going to to play it some more. New physics takes time to get use to, especially with a wheel.

Started playing GT games again in the beginning of the year.
Finished GT 6 first.
Then played GT 5 until very recently. Still finishing the last few endurance races.
Got a PS5 and GT7 over Black Friday at the beginning of the month.

I agree completely with everything above. I'm a controller player exclusively. The Dualsense is the best controller I ever used by a mile. With the Dualshock it wasn't possible for me to use the triggers but rather used the right stick for throttle and brake. Triggers on Dualsense however are fantastic.

Also agree with the physics, playing without assists other than ABS. I was finally forced to learn how to trail brake. And with the Dualsense it is actually possible to pull off rather sensitively. With the PS3 games you could just smash the brakes all day long and the car would still rotate reasonably well.

Gt7 is better than in previous titles in most aspects, where it kinds of fails to previous titles is single player and overall economy, but even gt6 did not have that good career mode either gt5 was the last with truly good career mode, hope we get there with gt8 again

It's a better "car culture" game than GT Sport.. since with all the new customisation, the possibilities are endless! The problem is the physics need a bit of polish, especially the tyre model.

I think GT 7 missed the mark in so many ways where it could have been so much better. The visuals and the online play is top notch, but as for everything else, I thought it just sucked so bad. Does anyone else hate the menus? It seems like they used these menus and drowned out everything else. The single player mode or “career mode” could be so much better and I find it’s always lacking this everytime since GT 2-3. GT 2 has always been my favourite and I completed 90% of the game that’s how into it that it made me. 3 was still good but not as good as 2, better visually of course but everything after that, they just never hit the mark with the career play. If they made the career play a lot like or similar to real racing 3 for the phone app, it would be so untouchable as a car game by leaps and bounds when you factor in the visuals and the online gaming. The way they have it structured is that every car has a point of being in the game, and has worth and use for some kind of race in the game, where as there is soooooo many cars in GT of all era’s that just have no point or business being in the game period. The most disappointing thing about GT 7 is when you bring up these factors to anyone in development of polyphony, they won’t hear a word of it like they have too much pride to take the input of us mortals and then being the gods of racing gaming and who are we to say anything when they are the masters?! Well we are the consumers, you know, the people who keep you in business and our input is as good as diamonds and gold! If we tell you that your game sucks balls and it could be way better and here’s how, then maybe you should listen instead of letting pride and ego be your downfall. I hate to say it, but Japanese people are very stubborn and when it comes to a westerner telling them anything, especially in regards to how to make their “baby” better in any way. And lucky for them, so many people buy the game anyways because they know the game excels in many ways and that’s what keeps them in this headspace of just not doing a thing when it comes to our input. I’ve seen 90% of bloggers and YouTubers that have credible input in regards to doing reviews of the game that all said it’s insane how they could have made the game way better and didn’t, and didn’t take any of the input shared and basically ignored them all and that to me is just the definition of insane thinking. If we all just hold off on buying the game, then seeing how it is first, then giving the info, they will have no choice but to listen to us. The west is their main bread and butter source when it comes to who buys the game so maybe they should take that into consideration for the next game they put out because as of still today, almost two years since it’s launch, they haven’t done nothing really in regards to changing the game and that’s such a shame and could make them super broke too if they take this heed of listening stance too far. They have such a good platform of a game because it was the OG of a real simulation racing game and always will be number 1 in my eyes, but one day someone else is going to come along and listen to what we’ve said and make a game that is leaps and bounds better than theirs and they won’t have a game to put out anymore if they keep going on like this.

Sorry for the long response, but I’ve just started playing sim racing again and just started playing GT 7 a few months ago and I just hate everything about the game except for online gaming and the stunning visuals it does have. I’ve bought every single Gran Turismo game they’ve ever put out, and it just gets worse and worse for game play by yourself, and gets better in the obvious ways we know it will in regards to visuals and now online. I pray they make the change, it would be sad for the game to not ever come out with another game again, and if they don’t change, it won’t. Guaranteed. Thanks for listening to my long ass rant. 🤣

After playing gt7 for nearly 2 years, i would put higher than both gt5 and gt6, gt5 had a lot better career mode and overall economy, but everything else is much better in gt7 in my opinion, gt6 also had very lackluster single player not much more even campared to gt7, gt5 had a much better career mode than both

I cant find myself go back playing the older gt games mostly because of how bad the cars sounds was and putting upgrades on the cars made them always sound worse, while in gt7 the stock sounds was already pretty good, and once you put upgrades you can easily hear how much more brutal some cars sounds, and even exhausts changes visually when upgraded, and then we have all of the other things they nailed with gt7,
Full vr support
Fantastic dynamic wheather system
Nailing the car models to the smallest detail
Good visual customize options proably the best ever in the series, where gt7 is let down is it lackluster single player and overall economy witch is the only parts previous gt games did better so it say a lot of the pontential pd have missed out on here, but its pretty much the state of any modern racing game today none of them have a good single player anymore
For me gt7 is the best gran turismo game since gt4, and if it just had better single player i would put it above any gt game in the series,
Its still pretty clear that they have passion for some of the elements they nailed in gt7😁👍

Last edited:
In my opinion, GT7 is the best GT game tech wise. I'm not a driving physics expert but I'd say the driving experience is also the best to date in the franchise.

However!

GT5 has the upper hand on the fun factor. Even with that questionable leveling up system.

Now that I realize it, I'd say there is something that seems a lot better in 7 than in the PS3-era: buying cars. There's no mistaking the GT5 UCD as little more than a dumping ground for the literal hundreds of standard models, even one-of-a-kind concepts and racecars. The way you bought them in GT6 (and GTS) was a bit too basic for me, even if it was convenient to have every car available at any time.

Meanwhile, I actually like the concept behind GT7's LCD and its collaboration with Hagerty, as I find it very immersive - especially with that oh-so-classy playlist. The only thing that I'd change for the UCD/LCD in GT7 is to have an easier way to get certain paints that include factory stickers, with the Special Edition paint for the Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am being a more obvious example. I'd really prefer not to rely on trying to replicate it in the livery editor. That being said, it could be neat if we could have "model-exclusive paint options" that would include any factory stickers while functioning similarly to other paints, but they can only be applied to a particular model.

Much better, yes. I really don’t know what happened with PS3 era Gran Turismo but it was the absolute pits. GT7 eclipses both games in quality, while not perfect it’s really great and I love it.

GT4 vs. GT7 is the more debatable topic I think. I still think GT4 is winning that race for me, for its sheer content and replayability, but GT7 is a close second. A few more fundamental fixes and it’ll easily catch up. It’s getting better with every update, so here’s hoping there’s plenty more to come.

GT2, GT3 and GT4 are Gran Turismo games. GT5 is a sort of Gran Turismo game and GT6 and GT7 are pale shadows of Gran Turismo games.

What’s GT1? Is that a Gran Turismo game or not?
Gran Turismo, the first GT game for the original Playstation, is not a REAL Gran Turismo game! Polys got it all wrong, it wasn't even a Polyphony game so you know it had no soul. I can't believe GT1 fumbled on all the things that make a Gran Turismo game great.

Last edited:
Back