Do You Use A Button Box?

• Thread starter AussieStig
  • 4 comments

Do You Use A Button Box?

• Total voters
Australia
The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I was wondering how many members are using button boxes? Interested to know your thoughts and please check out my poll and the questions here:

Q, Where do you mount your button boxes, mounted horizontally or vertically?
Q. What did you spend on your button box?
Q. Do you use it for menu navigation or in-game adjustments?
Q. Do you prefer a combo of buttons, rockers, rotaries and toggle switches with labels / stickers or something with buttons / mini lcds which are programable for multiple functions? Think of an ELGATO STREAM DECK.
Q. Is a button box a must have peripheral on a sim rig for you?
Q. Do you use it with a console or PC?

Cheers, AussieStig (Mark)

upload_2020-8-3_10-31-55.jpeg

Simple an easy, an older logtech mini keyboard from PS3. Most key boards will work. Slap some labels on and your good to go.

****EDIT*****
check out this thread.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56174-Buttonbox

Last edited:
I use a USB number pad with stickers on the keys. It sits on a mobile phone mount. It all probably cost about £12 in total

This is exactly what I have.. I only used it on Project Cars 2 but it worked great. The one I have also has a usb port so I could put my headset usb dongle in there as on console its nice to have the extra USB ports.

I got a cellphone mount that made it east to mount to a desk or rig.

Link to my old post about it.. Would work fine on PC for a budget option too.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/easy-20-diy-button-box-with-mount.375755/

Q, Where do you mount your button boxes, mounted horizontally or vertically? - Vertically
Q. What did you spend on your button box? - $20 including mount
Q. Do you use it for menu navigation or in-game adjustments? - both
Q. Do you prefer a combo of buttons, rockers, rotaries and toggle switches with labels / stickers or something with buttons / mini lcds which are programable for multiple functions? Think of an ELGATO STREAM DECK. - Um I prefer cheap and easy. See my DIY above.
Q. Is a button box a must have peripheral on a sim rig for you? - No but it is nice to map other buttons.
Q. Do you use it with a console or PC? - PS4

Last edited:
Back