Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
Headsoup_Bob
Headsoup Bob
I don't, can't stand it, but just realised people are probably setting a lot of the autolog records using it!

So how do you feel about it?
I personally don't like it and think it doesn't fit with racing so I've never used it in Shift 1 or 2. Unfortunately that means I won't be beating many autolog records :(

Nitrous is probably the single most practical and valuable upgrade you can buy for a car, I use it all the time online to make passes or to keep people from passing me. Should it be in the game? I wish it wasn't, but as long as it is, it's crazy not to fit your car with it.

I haven't used it before, but now that I've reached the ceiling of my driving abilities, I think I'm going to use it to beat some autolog times (in D and C class).

I use it to get out of hairy situations mostly (e.g. I screw up ;)), or to get a nice hotlap time.

I'm still very new to Shift 2 (bought the game less than 2 weeks ago) and I didn't even know that I could equip my cars with nitrous :) Thanks for the tip, and to all of my Autolog friends : beware, you won't ALL be in front of me anymore :)

I used it once to beat one of the Hotlap events, but that's about it. Dunno, I don't really like it. Never been a fan of it, to be quite honest... At least not since it was overused so much in the Fast and Furious movies :lol:

I wish it were replaced with the option to supercharge cars rather than have a turbo for everything.

Why would you want to supercharge instead of turbo? I love the sound in S2 of the turbos poppin'!

No, I don't use nitrous.:sly:

Can anyone confirm the PI hit you take for installing nitrous.

Personally I can only see the benifit if running short circuit 1 or 2 Laps.

Would rather add engine upgrade etc for more traditional races.

Great for drag though.
Didn't think I'd like the drag but autolog makes it interesting.
Not looking for tenths here but thousandths.

tribolik
2 to 5 PI I think not more

Hmm that seems a bit low to me.
Seems the benifit of nitro far outways any cons with such a low PI hit.

I don't really want to run fast and furious.

Oh well.

Hmm that seems a bit low to me.
Seems the benifit of nitro far outways any cons with such a low PI hit.

I don't really want to run fast and furious.

Oh well.

As much as I don't like nitro in games either, I will admit that it's done well in S2U. It's not over the top or anything.

I've only used it to beat some autolog times in D class.

I didn't even know it was in the game! I hate the stuff so much I'm now thinking of trading the game in. :sly:

I use it. Its nice to have a short blast of it to overtake the AI on straights. Especially if you've spun or something and your trying to catch up. It can make all the difference :P

I've never used it or thought about using it...until now. I'm not a sim vs. arcade nazi, but it seems arcadish to me and I also wish it wasn't in the game.

But after reading this thread, I may have to try it to see if I can catch any of you bastards beating me in Autolog! Now I'm curious how much it can really improve times.

Nitrous is probably the single most practical and valuable upgrade you can buy for a car, I use it all the time online to make passes or to keep people from passing me. Should it be in the game? I wish it wasn't, but as long as it is, it's crazy not to fit your car with it.

I guess I'm crazy then. I never use it, online or offline. Vin can keep his naaaws.

Both bottles.

M

I don't use it for circuit racing, but if I get the drag racing pack I will probably start using it.

I completely forgot about it, got so used to Forza and then GT5 it didn't occur to me at all. I might have a go with it, but it doesn't seen right to use it in a race scenario, unless you think of it as KERS (x 100) from F1 racing.

Back